Logitech UE6000
Sep 3, 2015 at 3:29 PM Post #331 of 366
I have UE 6000 headphones. The headphones leather padding on the head band has worn off. Can you guide me on how to glue them back? I tried a glue from local market but that has seemed to damage to leather padding. Any clues?

Sep 7, 2015 at 7:08 AM Post #332 of 366
Hi, I've been looking at these headphones as a good portable over-ear option.
But I would like to get the best price the prices I've found are around 60€, does anyone have a better price for me?
I'm from Portugal so shipping from outside of europe kills any price I've seen, but I accept sugestions.

Thanks in advance.

Sep 7, 2015 at 11:38 AM Post #333 of 366
Yeah that's the normal price... there are here and there from time to time promotional prices around 39 EUR but the come when you don't need them anymore :wink: And you have to be quick. 60 EUR are OK.

Sep 8, 2015 at 6:51 AM Post #334 of 366
I'm on the fence about these cans, so I sat idly by while a promotion on Amazon could have saved me 10 Eur. Some people question the comfort of these headphones and I'm going to use them for hours on end while studying so I'm unsure if this will work out.
I'll browse a bit more, but I really like the price, build and isolation that these apparently have and the sound seems to be acceptable so I'll probably end up with a pair.

Oh and thanks for the reply.

Sep 8, 2015 at 3:10 PM Post #335 of 366
@completeNoob, I think they're very comfortable, for a sealed, well-isolating headphone with the weight implied by batteries etc for the noise-reduction circuit.  There actually isn't anything I've owned (and I go way back to the HD280 days) that isolates like this while being more comfortable.  I lent my 2nd pair to a colleague at work who wanted comfort and noise isolation, and he bought himself a pair.

As for sound, I think they're pleasing to most people who don't have a particular something-else that they're looking for.  A little rolled off in the treble, a little bit heavy in the bass, and reasonably clear throughout the mids.  What happened to my first pair was that my wife tried them and decided to make them her own.  That's only the second time that's happened, and I have owned a lot of headphones.

At present prices I think they're a very good bargain.

Sep 9, 2015 at 6:47 AM Post #336 of 366
@episiarch, that's great news, isolation is almost the sole purpose of this purchase, I already have the UE4000 which sound OK for the job, but they isolate poorly (on-ear and all). By now I'm pretty sure that I'm buying them, it's just that I don't have a lot of cash at hand and I like to as sure as I can be that I'm making the right choice.
Can I ask you a question? You seem to be from the London area, I'm going to London in a few days. Do you have a suggestion for a store where I can try these out? That would just put my mind at ease, since different heads have differents fits.
If the price drops again I'm buying immediately, otherwise I can wait a few more days, the semester still hasn't started.

Thanks and sorry for the trouble.

Oct 3, 2015 at 2:36 PM Post #339 of 366
Ok i bought these used on amazon around $50 and when i got them they sound good but didnt come with original cables or the accessories and came with Enviomax batteries

Could these ue6000 be fakes? 

Edit: nvm the product details says NEW cables and new aux Didnt read the product detail right xD but the ue6000 sounds Great

Nov 26, 2015 at 11:31 PM Post #341 of 366
On my UE 6000 headphones, the battery lasts about 50 hours. I guess the battery drains the same way in both cases i.e. like when the music is being played and when the music is not being played. I recommend you to buy rechargeable Camelion battery cells of 1.2 V and around 800 mAh. It would be more than enough to last for atleast 50 hours of music. Here in my country the 2 AAA cells and the cell charger costed me around 7$ combined. This way I don't need to worry about the battery draining anymore.

Nov 27, 2015 at 5:28 AM Post #342 of 366
  On my UE 6000 headphones, the battery lasts about 50 hours. I guess the battery drains the same way in both cases i.e. like when the music is being played and when the music is not being played. I recommend you to buy rechargeable Camelion battery cells of 1.2 V and around 800 mAh. It would be more than enough to last for atleast 50 hours of music. Here in my country the 2 AAA cells and the cell charger costed me around 7$ combined. This way I don't need to worry about the battery draining anymore.

Thanks for your answer. Do you turn the power button off each time you stop listening to music and would that preserve power compared to just sticking the power button at ON and not bothering to turn it OFF each time you stopped playing music ? I don't want to switch OFF the power each time I took the headset off my head, so I am wondering whether this can give me 2 weeks of charge with 2 -3 hours daily listening.

Also without the power is the bass really bad, or it can be boosted via EQ.

And does the headset respond to external EQs ( for bass boosting etc ) when the built-in AMP is on.

Nov 27, 2015 at 6:32 AM Post #343 of 366
I turn the noise cancelling off everytime I take off my headphones. It's just like switching off the lights when leaving the room :wink:  And yes, the headset responds to external EQs when built-in amp is on. I use Boom 2 app on my MacBook Pro and it changes the bass and soundstage entirely and these pair of headphones are a treat to listen to.

Nov 27, 2015 at 9:19 AM Post #344 of 366
I only listen to them in passive mode, as they sound much better in passive vs active.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back