Light Harmonic Geek Wave
May 17, 2017 at 3:34 PM Post #4,066 of 5,933
I saw that post when it was posted. No clue what happened (of course, the post doesn't look good for LH Labs).

May 18, 2017 at 12:54 PM Post #4,067 of 5,933
Larry's response from the LH Labs forum:

LARRY HO
KEYMASTER

Hi,

Manny is working with us as 1099. Also, we already hired more CS people like Kevin on board from few months ago.

And I highly welcome if anyone could work with us as Tech support and Customer Service.

R&D side is still me, Craig, Gerber boy, Ben, Matt and Sandi in charge of production. No big change on hardware part since it is almost done. We just add a new team for software one months ago, their leader is Lan, also a super wonder Linux OS customization expert. One good technical documentation people is waiting for public beta sample so he could start writing manuals and so on.

May 18, 2017 at 1:11 PM Post #4,068 of 5,933
I saw that post when it was posted. No clue what happened (of course, the post doesn't look good for LH Labs).

No way of seeing that persons post history so there's really no way of judging the truth of any post so I tend to ignore any of the sky is falling posts.
Any long stretch of silence and the rumor mill starts and the sky is falling until Larry posts an update and the cycle starts all over again. At this stage it's better to ignore everything until we finally get the update it's shipping. It's going to be a long wait

May 18, 2017 at 3:38 PM Post #4,069 of 5,933
True dat... My take is, if it were really over and we weren't getting anything, Larry would lay low instead of posting updates. Nothing in it for him to drag it out unless he's really still "pushing ". My $0.02.0

May 18, 2017 at 4:50 PM Post #4,070 of 5,933
That is why I was/am quiet....

If it will come, it will come. Ranting will lead to nowhere.

I prefer to let them be, to finish their jobs.

Than spend time answer not so important queries (ie: gantt charts - c'mon 3 yrs running now and you need gantt chart).

Last edited:
May 18, 2017 at 9:43 PM Post #4,072 of 5,933
I am becoming disheartened, but do agree that Larry appears to be working to deliver the product rather than kill it and probably the company too. They have far too much invested in the projects to kill them now, it would make no sense. Still, things are moving far too slowly, and at this point, and based on appearances, the financial solvency of the company may be in question. That, and while he may be an excellent audio product designer, he also appears to be difficult to work for and/or has a management style that is not most conducive to a happy and healthy organization.

As I have said before, I still wish Larry Ho and LH Labs the best and a long term success. This would give the greatest likelyhood that our products are delivered and have long term support - or at least through the warranty period.

J.P.

Jun 15, 2017 at 2:26 AM Post #4,074 of 5,933
looks like thats the only project the company is working on right now - I think they are running on fumes just trying to get at least one successful product that could bring the company back to life.

Jun 15, 2017 at 4:03 AM Post #4,075 of 5,933
They appear to be working on the Wave and the Source, since those two are closely related. The Source may actually start shipping this year, the Wave I'm not so sure. It appears that the last 200 Pulse and however many remaining Vi DAC backers may be SOL, at least until LH Labs has some cash flow. Yes, I agree that it certainly looks like LH Labs is running on a shoestring budget and needs to get a good selling product moving out the door in order to keep the doors open. I am guessing that Geek Out sales are what is doing so right now and that those sales are waning.

J.P.

Jun 15, 2017 at 4:40 AM Post #4,076 of 5,933
IMG_6466.jpg
...and don't forget the "Tesla" project

Jun 15, 2017 at 10:10 AM Post #4,077 of 5,933
This forum is very quiet even after a big update from Larry. It is alive!
I wouldn't call the last email a "big update." It let us know that they want us to confirm our orders (yet again) and he listed who is currently on their team, mentioning that they're adding a new customer service person. I'm hoping for a big update in the email he said would be coming "around this Friday," but I'm also anticipating that I'll be disappointed. I want to see Larry and his team pull out a success with the Wave campaign, but there's not much evidence supporting my hopes. The premium DAP market has grown extensively in the last two years. It's going to be tough for the Wave to find its place.

Jun 15, 2017 at 1:02 PM Post #4,078 of 5,933
same old merry go round .... wait weeks and months to finally read words that include much of what has been done over and over (confirming orders, promising more communication, etc) and all we can bank on is that the cycle will repeat again. On this ride only confirmation of products shipping will change the story line.

Jun 15, 2017 at 1:07 PM Post #4,079 of 5,933
@AxelCloris, that's true. When they announced the Wave, there was little in the higher end out there, it would have been a perfect time to launch an assault on the state of the art for portable players. Now, there are many, in all the price ranges, from Pioneer, Opus, A & K, and many others. Larry did post some ideas that would be unique to the Wave, but posting and delivering are 2 different things (as we learned from the Perk Perkageddon). Also cautiously hoping they succeed (does nothing for me and my significant investments to see them fail), but something likely needs to be released soon...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back