LH Labs Geek Out v2 Discussion Thread
May 17, 2017 at 3:58 AM Post #1,231 of 1,391
I was told that the 2.1 fixed some issue on the 2.0 when adjusting volume control but I don't get a chance to try yet. They do have 2.1 firmware for go2pro on their server available to download but no go2a. I will wait for Larry to release on their websit.
I sent an e-mail to Larry and got a reply that gov2+ inf will be supported (hopefully non-inf and go2a as well) and said he will formally publish the latest firmware very soon.

May 17, 2017 at 4:30 PM Post #1,233 of 1,391
I did not hear this.

Well..seems I have to correct this.

At the Wave IGG comment section someone posted that at their Roseville site nothing much is happening anymore and that Manny and Gina have left LHL. Apparently this post has been deleted from the IGG comment section as mentioned here

But accordingly to Larry, Manny is still there (see this post at the LHL forum).

May 18, 2017 at 12:55 AM Post #1,234 of 1,391
So from what I'm seeing on another forum is that the volume setting on the device is not retained after an on/off cycle and the default volume is pretty loud (firmware 2.1)

Can anyone who installed 2.0 or 2.1 on their device confirm that you can still control the volume via LH Control Panel (The right L,R which controls the Windows volume)? And is the Windows volume setting still retained after a Windows restart or a on/off cycle on device? Thanks.

I just don't see a point of implementing the volume feature if the device can't retain it after an on/off cycle.

Last edited:
May 18, 2017 at 3:11 AM Post #1,235 of 1,391
So from what I'm seeing on another forum is that the volume setting on the device is not retained after an on/off cycle and the default volume is pretty loud (firmware 2.1)

Can anyone who installed 2.0 or 2.1 on their device confirm that you can still control the volume via LH Control Panel (The right L,R which controls the Windows volume)? And is the Windows volume setting still retained after a Windows restart or a on/off cycle on device? Thanks.

I just don't see a point of implementing the volume feature if the device can't retain it after an on/off cycle.

Got the 2.1 FW installed on my GO2ASE...my findings so far.
- GO starts (every time the notebook is turned on or awakens from sleep mode) with blue LEDs for "G" and "DM" with the LH Control panel Master as well as Analogue both at 0db (you can move the volume switches in the panel but this doesn´t have any impact on the volume).
- pressing vol up on the GO until the max changes the "G" LED from blue via light red to red (at max volume the "DM" LED turns light green which means line out mode is enabled).

Being in line out mode ("G"=red, "DM"=light green) I honestly don´t know for sure which digital filter I´m using.
Larry mentioend that at default FTM/FRM ("DM" = blue) is used.

Last edited:
May 18, 2017 at 4:29 AM Post #1,236 of 1,391
Got the 2.1 FW installed on my GO2ASE...my findings so far.
- GO starts (every time the notebook is turned on or awakens from sleep mode) with blue LEDs for "G" and "DM" with the LH Control panel Master as well as Analogue both at 0db (you can move the volume switches in the panel but this doesn´t have any impact on the volume).
- pressing vol up on the GO until the max changes the "G" LED from blue via light red to red (at max volume the "DM" LED turns light green which means line out mode is enabled).

Being in line out mode ("G"=red, "DM"=light green) I honestly don´t know for sure which digital filter I´m using.
Larry mentioend that at default FTM/FRM ("DM" = blue) is used.

Thanks for the insight.

So if I understand correctly, the volume is now completely up to the device and any form of volume control on LH Control Panel or Windows setting does not work? Also, the volume on the LH Control Panel or Windows setting does not change when you press up or down on your device?

BTW, I asked Larry about the filter colors and he said it was an error in his posts about the FRM/FTM being blue and TCM being green. The filter colors did not change and are same as before. TCM=blue, SSM=red, and FRM/FTM=green. Couldn't really tell much difference between two filters when running SE, but running bal made it more obvious.

May 18, 2017 at 4:46 AM Post #1,237 of 1,391
Thanks for the insight.

So if I understand correctly, the volume is now completely up to the device and any form of volume control on LH Control Panel or Windows setting does not work? Also, the volume on the LH Control Panel or Windows setting does not change when you press up or down on your device?

BTW, I asked Larry about the filter colors and he said it was an error in his posts about the FRM/FTM being blue and TCM being green. The filter colors did not change and are same as before. TCM=blue, SSM=red, and FRM/FTM=green. Couldn't really tell much difference between two filters when running SE, but running bal made it more obvious.

Thanks for the colour clarification of the digital filters :wink:

Just checked the volume and pressed the up/down ones on my notebook (GO line out mode is disabled): no impact on the volume.

Edit: accordingly to Larry´s correction regarding the filter modes it would mean that TCM is default, not FTM/FRM.

Last edited:
May 18, 2017 at 4:55 AM Post #1,238 of 1,391
Thanks for the colour clarification of the digital filters :wink:

Just checked the volume and pressed the up/down ones on my notebook (GO line out mode is disabled): no impact on the volume.

Edit: accordingly to Larry´s correction regarding the filter modes it would mean that TCM is default, not FTM/FRM.

Yep and thanks for the clarification. Support agent is telling me firmware update is specifically for go2a and go2pro and larry is telling me gov2+ is also supported lol. I guess I'm just going to have to wait for official posting.

May 18, 2017 at 2:30 PM Post #1,240 of 1,391
May 18, 2017 at 7:49 PM Post #1,243 of 1,391
can someone post it?

could you please post it or send it to me?

lhlabs never responds to my tickets...
Join the club. They take awhile to respond to mine. They it give you the firmware that's specific to your device.

May 19, 2017 at 4:54 PM Post #1,245 of 1,391
So I've just installed firmware version 2.0 on my Geek Out 2A infinity, and it seems to be working great, except that whenever I use the volume down button (formerly the gain selector), it mutes the audio for a second while it changes the volume. Has that happened to anyone else? I'm on Windows 10, with the latest driver (3.26).

Also, with the new auto gain feature, I've noticed that if I play music back with full volume through Foobar2000, I don't have to turn up the volume on the GO2A very high at all, so that it generally stays in the lowest gain stage (the blue light). Is there a disadvantage to listening in low gain, given that I'm listening mainly through my HD 6xxs, which are generally supposed to love more power, right?

Edit: The muting bug has been eliminated and resolved by firmware patch 2.1.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back