Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
May 21, 2017 at 11:23 AM Post #17,746 of 63,836
The ZS5 might look a little ugly inside, but they sound pretty good. .....Actually, really good!

So far....

The PROS:
Vocals are luscious, balance is extremely great and 3D presentation is by far the best I've heard.

The CONS:
They can't take too much power when amped, don't know if it's a QC issue or an Ohm resistance issue.

is it mid forward?

May 21, 2017 at 12:33 PM Post #17,750 of 63,836
....more towards neutral, but has extended highs and extended sub-bass that really makes them shine and stand out. But, they are in no means bass-head IEM's -you can hear the bass, but not rattle your senses.

1.How do they respond to EQ? can i make the bass more thumping or will they distort?
2.For me, all budget iems can't handle the mids in metal music, it's always too harsh and inaccurate. Are the ZS5 any different in this regard?

May 21, 2017 at 1:02 PM Post #17,751 of 63,836
....more towards neutral, but has extended highs and extended sub-bass that really makes them shine and stand out. But, they are in no means bass-head IEM's -you can hear the bass, but not rattle your senses.

I know the price range is a bit different, but can the KZ ZS5 outshine Magaosi K3 Pro in any aspect?

Thanks in advance !

May 21, 2017 at 1:11 PM Post #17,752 of 63,836
Heat it up and then gently pry it open with a plastic tool or fingernail - it'll give after it's been heated enough. Generally 70-80 celsius is where you want it to be.

It relies on pegs to stay together so be careful not to pull on it at an angle cause that would break the pegs.
How do I put it back after tho do I just rely on the pegs as well and just apply some pressure for it to just click back in? Or will I need some glue

May 21, 2017 at 2:08 PM Post #17,753 of 63,836
How do I put it back after tho do I just rely on the pegs as well and just apply some pressure for it to just click back in? Or will I need some glue
just putting it back together without glue and it will hold - that's how i did it on my ATE. If you want to put glue on there you could do that aswell to make sure it's super secure. I didnt see the need to though.

May 21, 2017 at 4:33 PM Post #17,754 of 63,836
So technically they have sub-bass (like sub 50hz) while the usual mid bass hump isn't emphasized?

May 21, 2017 at 11:17 PM Post #17,756 of 63,836
The ZS5 might look a little ugly inside, but they sound pretty good. .....Actually, really good!

The CONS:
They can't take too much power when amped, don't know if it's a QC issue or an Ohm resistance issue.

What happens when you amp them? I haven't tried it yet, still enjoying them directly off my phone only. I have the blue, maybe can give it a try.
I did find the ZS5 sensitivity to be less than ZST, so was thinking that ZS5 might actually benefit with more power...

As to the other questions, no harshness at all in the highs, very smooth. For those who found ZST sibilant at certain frequencies, my ZS5 smooths that out entirely.
Balanced is what I would say the ZS5 to be as well, everything just feels right, nothing out of place, no frequencies outshining others...I would say it's still slightly warmer than neutral but it's just right for me. If you want TRUE neutral, get etymotics...

And the angular case fit issues went away for me after removing the memory wire from the cable. I actually find the ZS5 to stay put in my ears better than my ZST now, I'm adjusting them less when I'm walking around. But the smooth curves on the ZST will still be better if using them when lying down sideways in bed.

May 22, 2017 at 4:26 AM Post #17,757 of 63,836
What happens when you amp them? I haven't tried it yet, still enjoying them directly off my phone only. I have the blue, maybe can give it a try.
I did find the ZS5 sensitivity to be less than ZST, so was thinking that ZS5 might actually benefit with more power...

As to the other questions, no harshness at all in the highs, very smooth. For those who found ZST sibilant at certain frequencies, my ZS5 smooths that out entirely.
Balanced is what I would say the ZS5 to be as well, everything just feels right, nothing out of place, no frequencies outshining others...I would say it's still slightly warmer than neutral but it's just right for me. If you want TRUE neutral, get etymotics...

And the angular case fit issues went away for me after removing the memory wire from the cable. I actually find the ZS5 to stay put in my ears better than my ZST now, I'm adjusting them less when I'm walking around. But the smooth curves on the ZST will still be better if using them when lying down sideways in bed.
I thought that they would benefit with more power as well, but either mine has a short, or it can not handle too much from an AMP. I'm not sure until I get a second pair to compare.

May 22, 2017 at 4:38 AM Post #17,759 of 63,836
1.How do they respond to EQ? can i make the bass more thumping or will they distort?
2.For me, all budget iems can't handle the mids in metal music, it's always too harsh and inaccurate. Are the ZS5 any different in this regard?
I can't quite answer that yet, since I rather wait for the second pair to know if it's a QC issue, or not. All I know is that it sounds great, but I can't seem to push more power; maybe an ohm impedence issue or a short.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back