JH Audio Sirens Series Roxanne Impressions Thread
Sep 28, 2015 at 9:20 AM Post #992 of 1,149
Yeah I actually turned it to neutral so the iems didn't sound as dark. The bass suffers a little but it's a little less dark. At full bass I felt it was way too strong, overpowering everything else.

Sep 29, 2015 at 4:18 AM Post #993 of 1,149
even at the lowest bass setting. I still find the bass too much on some music. But that depends on the mood. The highest I can set the bass and still enjoy is around 12 o'clock. The maximum is just too much.

Sep 29, 2015 at 5:59 AM Post #994 of 1,149
But that's one main draw for me for the JH IEMs is that you can adjust the bass to your mood (though not exactly conveniently unless you carry the screwdriver with you everywhere).  It's a pretty good bass boost implementation.  

Oct 9, 2015 at 3:22 AM Post #998 of 1,149
I really doubt it, but does anyone have any experience dealing with jhaudio.ca? Apparently they're the Canadian distributor for JH Audio. Their website seems quite sparse.

I ordered a replacement cable for my Roxanne a week ago and I've sent two emails, but I haven't gotten anything apart from an order confirmation. They're selling the cable for only $45 compared to JH's $65, and shipping is only $5.

Oct 9, 2015 at 9:24 AM Post #999 of 1,149
  I really doubt it, but does anyone have any experience dealing with jhaudio.ca? Apparently they're the Canadian distributor for JH Audio. Their website seems quite sparse.

I ordered a replacement cable for my Roxanne a week ago and I've sent two emails, but I haven't gotten anything apart from an order confirmation. They're selling the cable for only $45 compared to JH's $65, and shipping is only $5.

You sure they are legit?  Their  introduction looks strange.  It's a little off.  The front page is nicely done though.  But they basically just ripped off JH Audio's info in about us.  Their photos are taken from JH Audio too, not to mention the text.  JH Audio might as well just have built their own canadian website instead of having their supposedly authorized dealer copy their content?  Not sure what's going on.  

Nov 19, 2015 at 7:06 PM Post #1,000 of 1,149
Hi

Listening to the JH Roxanne on iPad mini2 via Spotify @ 320 kbits with a stock cable (no bass control) and I'm experiencing ridiculous scratchy sibilance on the vocals, anyone else had this problem?

Also can the 4 pin reciever to go inside the headphone be bought?

Dec 24, 2015 at 2:28 PM Post #1,001 of 1,149
With the Sony Zx2 I have the bass set to minimum and there's still more bass than the UERM. I'm hoping to find a cable for the balanced connection to the Sony, which is unfortunately not the same as for AK products.

Feb 21, 2016 at 1:42 AM Post #1,003 of 1,149
I almost sell my uiem,because they are much too dark to my ear (I used to own hd650,Lcd2 ref1 and jh16 they are all my favorite phones). People said bass adjustment doesnt affect the mid and high much,but I think to me zero setting is the best ( still it is a bit dark).The reason why I havent put them for sell is that there is no headphones (may be too bold here) which suit the rock- genre ( esp live recording) than the roxanne. My overall solution is that its a good idea to just keep the roxanne and buy something else for the genre such as jazz and vocal (women voice seem to be a bit dull when compared to some good iem out there and because of the full sound of the roxanne, very often you feel you want the sound more airy. My player is HM901 with balanced card. I dont think Hm901 pairs well with the roxanne. I THINK the player should be analytic and on the bright side (HM901 with balanced card is not dark btw but I think there must be a lot of other players that're paired better with the roxanne.

Mar 29, 2016 at 2:56 PM Post #1,004 of 1,149
I almost sell my uiem,because they are much too dark to my ear (I used to own hd650,Lcd2 ref1 and jh16 they are all my favorite phones). People said bass adjustment doesnt affect the mid and high much,but I think to me zero setting is the best ( still it is a bit dark).The reason why I havent put them for sell is that there is no headphones (may be too bold here) which suit the rock- genre ( esp live recording) than the roxanne. My overall solution is that its a good idea to just keep the roxanne and buy something else for the genre such as jazz and vocal (women voice seem to be a bit dull when compared to some good iem out there and because of the full sound of the roxanne, very often you feel you want the sound more airy. My player is HM901 with balanced card. I dont think Hm901 pairs well with the roxanne. I THINK the player should be analytic and on the bright side (HM901 with balanced card is not dark btw but I think there must be a lot of other players that're paired better with the roxanne.

Have you tried the Layla or angie? Might suit you better...just a thought.

Apr 23, 2016 at 1:06 PM Post #1,005 of 1,149

Try adding a mojo w your Roxanne and hold on to your socks :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back