Introducing Trinity Audio Engineering
May 26, 2017 at 4:43 AM Post #4,696 of 4,830
Yeah, a lot of people found that out too. And many of them are asking to cancel and get a refund for their A-D order because they either don't want the Master or they already have a Master because they ordered a Master and an A-D initially.
But if your a really good customer who all ready ordered a Master an Atlas Delta an (Icarus III at the %50 off apology price) than you get to see the Icarus III on sale for 100bp off and still have missing accessories for the master (3.5 to 2.5 balanced, Kombi tips etc) what upgrade do you get? At least you get your money back less a little exchange rate for a product that never existed. So trinity sat on your money for 6 months and only gives it back if you ask at least three times.

May 26, 2017 at 12:15 PM Post #4,697 of 4,830
But if your a really good customer who all ready ordered a Master an Atlas Delta an (Icarus III at the %50 off apology price) than you get to see the Icarus III on sale for 100bp off and still have missing accessories for the master (3.5 to 2.5 balanced, Kombi tips etc) what upgrade do you get? At least you get your money back less a little exchange rate for a product that never existed. So trinity sat on your money for 6 months and only gives it back if you ask at least three times.
Uhhh, what was the point of quoting my post? Has very little to do with what you wrote....
But as an actual response to your question, there are people who have been good customer to them with such purchases, but the end result is that they're being screwed over a bit. Either they don't cancel the orders and they get to see an even lower price for things they've already ordered and don't get any upgrades or perks or they get a refund and lose money out of the transaction anyway. No-win situation for the people who backed the company earlier due to the promise they showed early on. Really unfortunate.

May 26, 2017 at 12:25 PM Post #4,698 of 4,830
Uhhh, what was the point of quoting my post? Has very little to do with what you wrote....
But as an actual response to your question, there are people who have been good customer to them with such purchases, but the end result is that they're being screwed over a bit. Either they don't cancel the orders and they get to see an even lower price for things they've already ordered and don't get any upgrades or perks or they get a refund and lose money out of the transaction anyway. No-win situation for the people who backed the company earlier due to the promise they showed early on. Really unfortunate.
That's your own opinion, definitely not mine.

May 26, 2017 at 12:46 PM Post #4,699 of 4,830
That's your own opinion, definitely not mine.
Nor does it have to be; that's the great thing about opinions. It's not a total loss either way because those who stick with it receive a good product IMO, but it's unfortunate it had to be a bit tainted by the process that led up to the delivery. And of course, those who decided to get a refund at least get some of their money back, if not all of it due to the exchange rate.

May 27, 2017 at 5:07 AM Post #4,700 of 4,830
so you're convinced that those who originally preordered Atlas-Deltas will eventually receive a pair of Masters? They should have been shipped by now, but I#m sure that if I asked Jake again, it would be a "next week"-something answer. If I really would get the Master, I'd say that it was worth the faith, but I find it hard to believe :D

May 27, 2017 at 6:47 AM Post #4,701 of 4,830
so you're convinced that those who originally preordered Atlas-Deltas will eventually receive a pair of Masters? They should have been shipped by now, but I#m sure that if I asked Jake again, it would be a "next week"-something answer. If I really would get the Master, I'd say that it was worth the faith, but I find it hard to believe :D

What makes you believe the Master is an upgrade over the Atlas Delta?
The majority of members who had the original Delta say it was very good and better than the Master. Also the AD was suppose to be splash proof no?
I can't comment as I had none of them.

May 27, 2017 at 8:39 AM Post #4,702 of 4,830
Well all I know is that the Master costs about double of the AD price and also there are very positive reviews of the Master online while I have never found any specific information on the AD. TAE have removed the AD from their shop by know, which at least makes it a very rare IEM :wink:

May 27, 2017 at 9:35 AM Post #4,703 of 4,830
They said the shipped the AD but had QC issues with the last batch while no one had received them.
I don't know what is going on with Trinity and honestly stopped caring based on the last 3 months.
I wouldn't really take their MSRP seriously as they always give massive discounts etc.
Also keep in mind the Delta had full detachable cable while the Master come with the Y split. The Master are very thick too. All in all I didn't appreciate their production and shipping issues and the way the lied to their customers and I moved on.

May 27, 2017 at 10:52 AM Post #4,705 of 4,830
And quite convincingly.

Moved on as in "stayed put and decided to advise people on products i don't own, have not heard and now will not receive as I've cancelled my orders"... Yup very much moved on.

And the atlas delta was due to have the same modular cable system, the original delta was fixed cable (v2 had trinity 2 pin) and the original atlas had mmcx but we are not talking about those?

(Edit: correction on delta OG and V2 cables)

Last edited:
May 27, 2017 at 11:10 AM Post #4,706 of 4,830
Moved on as in "stayed put and decided to advise people on products i don't own, have not heard and now will not receive as I've cancelled my orders"... Yup very much moved on.

And the atlas delta was due to have the same modular cable system, the original delta and the original atlas both had mmcx but we are not talking about those?

If you find the way they treated their customers acceptable then good for you. No point beating a dead horse. If you want to be a fanboy, sure go ahead.
Cheers!

May 27, 2017 at 12:49 PM Post #4,707 of 4,830
Trinity claim for themselves to offer professionell quality at unbeatable prices - as for now it seems that they failed with their concept. On the other hand I'm willing to take their special orientation into account and already partly knew the risks when I preorderd. Concerning their communication I think either they're struggling, having overburdened themseleves with a cool idea, or they're just sly.

May 27, 2017 at 3:09 PM Post #4,709 of 4,830
If you find the way they treated their customers acceptable then good for you. No point beating a dead horse. If you want to be a fanboy, sure go ahead.
Cheers!

Don't change the subject and please refrain from categorising me (fanboy or otherwise).

My post pointed out that you stated something that was incorrect and potentially fell short of the posting guidelines - didn't state anything on my view on how trinity have behaved and you may be surprised with how I feel on that subject.

Just because I have called out people for being inappropriate, incorrect, unjust, or just plain stupid, doesn't mean I believe everything that has happened is fine and dandy?

If your done with trinity then please do us all a favour and stick to your word - move on.

May 28, 2017 at 3:16 AM Post #4,710 of 4,830
And the atlas delta was due to have the same modular cable system, the original delta and the original atlas both had mmcx but we are not talking about those?
Just a correction here: the original Atlas did have MMCX, but the original Delta didn't have any sort of detachable cable. The Delta V2 is when detachable cables came into play; it used the very first iteration of Trinity's original 0.75mm 2-pin system.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back