iBasso DX90 Bug Thread - Post Any Firmware Bugs/Issues Here
Jul 2, 2014 at 4:36 AM Post #151 of 864
I didn't think wav had meta data at all

Jul 5, 2014 at 1:09 AM Post #153 of 864
Tracks still freezing with 0 bit 0 KHz.its frustrating to have to smash the play/pause button to get it to play. Simply inexcusable for $400 dap based on android. Fix it ASAP, iBasso.

Jul 5, 2014 at 4:59 PM Post #154 of 864
I don't understand what you are saying. What does "Tracks freezing with 0 bit 0 kHz " mean or refer to?

If you need to clatter the play/pause button to get the DX90 to play, it would seem you have a faulty unit. I'd get in contact directly with iBasso to see what they suggest re getting your unit fixed.

Jul 5, 2014 at 5:14 PM Post #155 of 864
I don't understand what you are saying. What does "Tracks freezing with 0 bit 0 kHz " mean or refer to?

If you need to clatter the play/pause button to get the DX90 to play, it would seem you have a faulty unit. I'd get in contact directly with iBasso to see what they suggest re getting your unit fixed.

Pretty sure this just happened to me this morning. I was playing some music last night when going to sleep. Woke up this morning and turned on my DX90 to check a pair of old IEM my daughter said one channel had gone out in.

**Side note: it's the 2nd or 3rd pair she's destroyed. She'll be buying her own IEM from now on!**

Instead of playing, the DX90 displayed 0 bit 0 kHz and froze. I rebooted and the same track played just fine. If someone could confirm that's what they mean, I'd also appreciate it.

Jul 5, 2014 at 8:36 PM Post #156 of 864
That's exactly what I meant. When I play a playlist, it randomly stops at the start of a track. It shows all the track info ( not the 'null' issue), but displays '0 Bit 0 kHz, and doesn't play. It plays fine, when I re-select the track from 'My Music' or press the Play button multiple times.

Jul 6, 2014 at 2:47 AM Post #157 of 864
When I select, 'My Music -> artist', I would like it to show/play all the tracks (like every other player) of the artist, not Albums.

Jul 6, 2014 at 3:50 AM Post #158 of 864
Genre, Artist, Album is the standard break down of every player I've known. However if you press and hold an artist you get a menu that allows you to play all tracks under that artist. Same goes for a genre

Jul 7, 2014 at 9:40 AM Post #159 of 864
Firmware 2.1 positives....it resulted in the first time that my DX90 properly performed a media scan.  It went without a hitch and only took about 8 minutes to complete.

Negatives, the device continues to experience several playback cut-outs and fade in's each hour (LAME VBR mp3's).  C'mon ibasso, take care of that issue!  The menu (scrolling) navigation seems much touchier and difficult, similar to the original firmware (2.0).  Not sure about the sound....my initial impressions are that the original 2.0 firmware was cleaner and better balanced. 

Jul 7, 2014 at 11:54 AM Post #160 of 864
  Firmware 2.1 positives....it resulted in the first time that my DX90 properly performed a media scan.  It went without a hitch and only took about 8 minutes to complete.

Negatives, the device continues to experience several playback cut-outs and fade in's each hour (LAME VBR mp3's).  C'mon ibasso, take care of that issue!  The menu (scrolling) navigation seems much touchier and difficult, similar to the original firmware (2.0).  Not sure about the sound....my initial impressions are that the original 2.0 firmware was cleaner and better balanced. 

there is no dx90 firmware 2.1 at the ibasso website.  are you referring to the usb-otg updates?   or is there a 2.1 posted elsewhere?  and if so, why? or are you referring to 2.0.5?

Jul 7, 2014 at 12:01 PM Post #161 of 864
A link is posted in the main DX90 thread

Jul 10, 2014 at 2:30 AM Post #162 of 864
Genre, Artist, Album is the standard break down of every player I've known. However if you press and hold an artist you get a menu that allows you to play all tracks under that artist. Same goes for a genre

Something I REALLY miss from my Cowon J3 is when you select a Genre, the first option is "All Tracks" ... like all "All Music" on the iBasso, just only for that Genre. Then you can play on random ... I listen to "pop" music that way ... like listening to the best radio station in the world. :)

Been meaning to put in a feature request.

Jon

Jul 10, 2014 at 3:24 AM Post #163 of 864
I think you can hold and release the genre as well to get a Play all option

Jul 10, 2014 at 9:19 PM Post #164 of 864
I tagged all my FLAC files using Foobar2000. I have some tracks with multiple "Artist" tags and others with the "Album Artist" tag.

The iBasso DX90 does not handle multiple "Artist" tags well and it seems not to handle the "Album Artist" tag at all.

If I have tracks with two artists, for example "Dave Matthews" and "Tim Reynolds", album and tracks show up only under the last artist in the list, "Tim Reynolds", in the Artist view.
In foobar2000, album and track correctly show under both "Dave Matthews" and "Tim Reynolds" in the "by Artist" view.

Album Artist is handled correctly by Foobar2000, iTunes, Sonos, Squeezebox. It would be great if it could be implemented in the DX90 too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back