Focal Elear - Impressions Thread
May 12, 2017 at 12:54 AM Post #3,301 of 6,742
No personal experience with the Elear yet, but a good friend who has them told me they might not be a sound signature that I would like since he knows me quite well, but I'm still reading comments on them which seems to be all over the place so I'm still holding off on getting them. My friend is very well off so he always has the latest and greatest gear, even loaned me his Liquid Glass and gave me his second SR009+SRM007mk2.

There's some talk reports about inconsistent sound signature pertaining to the Utopias. Hope it's not effecting Elear. What I read about, and audition, is hopefully what I get in the box.

May 14, 2017 at 12:31 AM Post #3,304 of 6,742
I've got my Elear's in late 2016 and there sq is better now then I ever thought they'd get. This is with out a doubt the best $1k on hp's I've ever spent wow truly amazing sounding..enjoy :o2smile:

May 14, 2017 at 4:43 PM Post #3,305 of 6,742
I've got my Elear's in late 2016 and there sq is better now then I ever thought they'd get. This is with out a doubt the best $1k on hp's I've ever spent wow truly amazing sounding..enjoy :o2smile:

I completely agree. They just keep getting better. Especially after a cable upgrade.

May 14, 2017 at 6:22 PM Post #3,306 of 6,742
I had the Elear for a test run and I keep thinking about getting it again. It has such a weighty and rich sound. Music sounded like it was on steroids and I don't mean that in a negative way. It always commanded your attention and it just fit my head perfectly for some reason. The pads had the perfect shape, softness and density.

May 14, 2017 at 8:53 PM Post #3,307 of 6,742
I had the Elear for a test run and I keep thinking about getting it again. It has such a weighty and rich sound. Music sounded like it was on steroids and I don't mean that in a negative way. It always commanded your attention and it just fit my head perfectly for some reason. The pads had the perfect shape, softness and density.

It's the best when you can find a can that does it for you... my tastes have changed a lot from what they originally were. What you are describing as "weighty and rich sound" is something that I usually always am in the mood for now

May 15, 2017 at 3:46 AM Post #3,309 of 6,742
It was so sad that the right cup of my ELEAR is suddenly dead. I listened with normal vol. and never drop it on the floor. After some days I haven't use it, the right cup became completely silent. Already swapped the cable and 100% the fault is come from the right cup. I have sent to the local distributor and waiting for their update. So disappointed on the life time. Anyone encountered the same problem with me?

May 15, 2017 at 7:37 AM Post #3,310 of 6,742
It was so sad that the right cup of my ELEAR is suddenly dead. I listened with normal vol. and never drop it on the floor. After some days I haven't use it, the right cup became completely silent. Already swapped the cable and 100% the fault is come from the right cup. I have sent to the local distributor and waiting for their update. So disappointed on the life time. Anyone encountered the same problem with me?

Someone mentioned the same problem a few pages back on the thread. I think username is Beagle but not certain.

May 15, 2017 at 1:32 PM Post #3,311 of 6,742
Burning in my new Elear's with Moon-Audio Black Dragon 5' cables (to a Mojo). Need to burn my brain is as well. For a relatively heavy HP they are very comfortable.

May 15, 2017 at 9:42 PM Post #3,312 of 6,742
Cable works on other headphones and amps are fine as well.

Same case here, my right channel was gone suddenly. I asked the local distributor and he said there were number of users reported this issue. I wanna to report to Focal directly but I can't find neither email nor any contact point in their web. I don't expect a $1000 headphone will die suddenly within half a year.

May 15, 2017 at 11:50 PM Post #3,315 of 6,742
From Hong Kong :bow:

You don't want to deal with your local distributor? I know them very well, we're good friends. They are one of the best in Asia. Send me a PM and let me know if you want local fast care or if you still want a contact to speak with a Focal France.

The Source AV TSAVJason Stay updated on The Source AV at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com./pages/The-Source-AV-Design-Group/153623164648713 http://www.twitter.com/TheSourceAV http://www.instagram.com/Thesourceavdesign http://thesourceav.com/ Products@TheSourceAV.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back