Finding A DAP or DAC/AMP Solution for UERM's
May 30, 2017 at 2:26 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

taxjunis

New Head-Fier
First off apologies for making a full thread just for this.

I use UERMS (32 ohm) for most of my music listening, not headphones. If im not listening to these ciems I'm listening to monitors. Ive been doing research regarding good pairings of dac/amps and daps for this earphone but would like some help. I love detail retrieval and hearing things "flat" in an honest presentation , for instance I hate the Kaiser 10's. I love my Uerms and for headphones love HD800's and some stax.

I'm currently using my UERMS straight to a Fiio X1 and I'm sure theres is a noticeable upgrade somewhere to be had.I have about 300-600$ for either a DAP or A DAC/AMP (keeping the fiio).My only thing is if I end up buying a New Dap, I would really prefer it to have 2 micro sd card slots, unless the SQ is so much better than the competition that its worth giving it up.

I do not care about it being cumbersome to carry around, Ill wear a satchel just for audio equipment if I must. If the O2 Dac's battery was rechargeable I'd probably be lugging that thing around right now lol.

I do not care about how these products look. It could be a turquoise sculpture of a salamander if it gives me the best % quality boost

I do not care about the UI of a dap. As long as it doesn't have any audio playback issues I'll adjust to it.

Whats the best course of action, going all out on a nice DAP or finding a DAC/AMP to use with my X1? Or the middle ground of a new DAP and a new AMP

I've researched through a lot of posts in regards to 2 micro sd card Daps and Amps in my price range so I am pretty aware of whats available. But not having opportunity to try most of these products I'm looking for some first hand experience and opinions on what you think would be the proper upgrade(s) would be in this situation.

TDLR: I'm a purist asshole obsessed with detail retrieval that only cares about SQ improvements currently using a Fiio X1 .What Dap or DAC/AMP upgrade will bring the most out of my Ultimate Ears Reference Monitors for 300-600USD?

Not afraid to buy used.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Jul 9, 2017 at 8:26 PM Post #2 of 3
I'm looking for something similar, have you found some suggestions?

I've heard good things about Opus#1 DAP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back