Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Jul 23, 2017 at 1:15 PM Post #8,026 of 40,613
For someone who enjoyed the likes of the UE4 , UERR , XBA A3 , Xelento , would the Spartan suit me ? or will the Cerberus be a better choice ? I really like the UERR in particular , but $1000 is a little too much for me at the moment , looking for alternatives , would either of those work for me ?

Jul 23, 2017 at 1:55 PM Post #8,027 of 40,613
For someone who enjoyed the likes of the UE4 , UERR , XBA A3 , Xelento , would the Spartan suit me ? or will the Cerberus be a better choice ? I really like the UERR in particular , but $1000 is a little too much for me at the moment , looking for alternatives , would either of those work for me ?

The A3 suggests you like a bit more warmth and bass from neutral; the Cerberus sounds more suited to your tastes.

Jul 23, 2017 at 2:33 PM Post #8,028 of 40,613
It was fun seeing @Jack Vang, Dean, Eric and crew at CanJam London this year (July 15th and 16th 2017). Also nice to finally meet you, @flinkenick! Hopefully next time we can hang out if you'd like.

As for Empire Ears, I was literally lost in time and space the first day, as I stayed around the Empire Ears/Effect Audio booths the entire time on Saturday. The prototypes from both companies were lovely and I'm sure customers and fans alike will thoroughly enjoy the products that may be available for purchase in the future.

CanJam London 2017
IMG_1904.JPG

@Jack Vang manning the booth
IMG_1905.JPG

From left:
@dill3000, @moedawg140, @Cagin
IMG_2425.jpg

Scrumptious gelato with my wife, @Ra97oR and @Cagin
IMG_2427.jpg

Until next time!

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2017 at 12:17 AM Post #8,031 of 40,613
Jul 24, 2017 at 4:04 PM Post #8,033 of 40,613
Tonight's listening pleasure - still rocking the Zeus-XR from my recent win and will be spending an evening flipping between the Leonidas and my new Ares II+ from a recent wallet-unfriendly encounter with the Effect Audio team at Canjam London. Time to see if a balanced copper cable can compete with the silver and gold beast! :wink:

IMG_20170724_205542823.jpg

Jul 24, 2017 at 4:50 PM Post #8,034 of 40,613
Just waiting for my Zeus XR, from the short time I heard it, I know for sure it was breathtaking. It's endgame for me. Other than reviews, I see no need to buy anything else with regard to headphones. The only thing that terests me at this point is the EE prototypes (now that I've heard what EE is capable of) and the Hugo2.

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2017 at 6:03 PM Post #8,035 of 40,613
Just waiting for my Zeus XR, from the short time I heard it, I know for sure it was breathtaking. It's endgame for me. Other than reviews, I see no need to buy anything else with regard to headphones. The only thing that terests me at this point is the EE prototypes (now that I've heard what EE is capable of) and the Hugo2.

I have the same thgouhts and feeling. Can't wait to get full impressions from you once your done

Jul 24, 2017 at 6:06 PM Post #8,036 of 40,613
Speaking of the Hugo 2, did I miss impressions of the EE line paired with the Hugo 2 at CanJam London? I could have missed them since Head-Fi is both work and play for me, leading me to spend a lot of time on the site as a result. The "play" posts sometimes get missed.

Jul 25, 2017 at 2:07 AM Post #8,039 of 40,613
Tonight's listening pleasure - still rocking the Zeus-XR from my recent win and will be spending an evening flipping between the Leonidas and my new Ares II+ from a recent wallet-unfriendly encounter with the Effect Audio team at Canjam London. Time to see if a balanced copper cable can compete with the silver and gold beast! :wink:

Shees... Some people have liquid luck running through their veins. You better enjoy it for the both of us! j/k :wink:
I am curious about your findings with the Ares II+. I understand it is not as bright as the Ares II? How are the ergonomics, are they very thick?

Jul 25, 2017 at 7:15 AM Post #8,040 of 40,613
Seeing a lot of Symbio Mandarin tips here. What are the general thoughts, and comparisons with Spinfits?
Honestly, I just received them yesterday so I was trying them out with the Zeus. My initial impression is I really like the sound quality with the Zeus. Still I have a weird size ear hole or something so sometimes seals can be a little bit difficult. These are rigid compared to what you think they would be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back