DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Jun 23, 2017 at 9:48 PM Post #6,706 of 22,021
Yup, I now now plan to do this. Do I need both Lurker's & WindowsX custom ROM? I also posted a query in regards to backing up the DX200 original settings before modding.

Lurker is more up to date version. You dont need to back up setting though. Since it doesnt reset anything unless you click factory reset.

Jun 24, 2017 at 12:23 AM Post #6,707 of 22,021
Lurker is more up to date version. You dont need to back up setting though. Since it doesnt reset anything unless you click factory reset.

Does Lurker replace the sound signature with the most recent update? Or does it integrate itself into the firmware?

Newbie question: what is Neutron and Hiby that I have been seeing throughout my read in this forum?

Lastly... my unit goes crazy every so often where it just starts going back and forth between screens, selecting things I haven't touched... and then the touch screen becomes unresponsive... why is it doing this? Do I need to factory reset to fix the problem?

Jun 24, 2017 at 2:42 AM Post #6,708 of 22,021
Does Lurker replace the sound signature with the most recent update? Or does it integrate itself into the firmware?

Newbie question: what is Neutron and Hiby that I have been seeing throughout my read in this forum?

Lastly... my unit goes crazy every so often where it just starts going back and forth between screens, selecting things I haven't touched... and then the touch screen becomes unresponsive... why is it doing this? Do I need to factory reset to fix the problem?

1. Latter
2. Third party music app that can buy in google play.
3. If the screen malfunction a lot, it probably hardware defect.

Jun 24, 2017 at 2:43 AM Post #6,709 of 22,021
Does Lurker replace the sound signature with the most recent update?
There is nothing in the stock firmware that intended to change the sound signature. The change in the sound that people hear is, most probably, due to a change that power driver in 2.3.125 keeps running 4 out of 8 CPU cores when screen is turned off (which leads to only 1 core active in original Android). 2.3.125-L0 keeps original driver.

OTOH for a few people this change causes reboots when DX200 is idle. It depends on installed software and usage. It happens both with stock and L0 firmwares. There is a unpublished L1 version to resolve such a problem.

my unit goes crazy every so often where it just starts going back and forth between screens, selecting things I haven't touched... and then the touch screen becomes unresponsive... why is it doing this?
Because some early units have defective touch screens. You need either to replace the screen, or the DX200. Please contact your dealer.

But USB Audio software has a hidden, undocumented, feature that allowed me to survive until I have my screen replaced: it can lock the lock screen, preventing spontaneus touches when the screen is turned off.

Jun 24, 2017 at 4:14 AM Post #6,710 of 22,021
There is nothing in the stock firmware that intended to change the sound signature. The change in the sound that people hear is, most probably, due to a change that power driver in 2.3.125 keeps running 4 out of 8 CPU cores when screen is turned off (which leads to only 1 core active in original Android). 2.3.125-L0 keeps original driver.

Could that be the reason? Running on 4 cores instead of 1 when the screen is off?
On how many cores does it run when the screen is on? Is that all 8? Then there would be an audible difference when screen is switched on and off. I didn't notice anything like that
On the other hand: If the number of cores running, would be the cause; what will the sound be if it runs on 8 cores when screen is off?

Last edited:
Jun 24, 2017 at 4:28 AM Post #6,711 of 22,021
See comment above in regards to the filters. One thing I will want to get tho' is a balanced cable. Doing some research now on which to get for FLC8S.

Thanks all for the suggestions.

carefull which cable you choose for your FLC's. Some might fit, but will damage the connectors on your IEM's. The FLC's have quite specific connectors.
I bought the original balanced cable from FLC. You can order it at LMUE http://www.lendmeurears.com/flc8s-single-crystal-silver-upgrade-cable/

It has the right fit for going balanced from the DX200. I prefer the sound to the SE connection.
Drawback is the stiffness of this cable. It tangles and is not very comfortable.

For filters on the FLC8S I use Red, Grey, Gunmetal. With the new firmware on the DX200 will start experimenting again. Plenty of bass now, so maybe changing the ultra low filter to Grey

Last edited by a moderator:
Jun 24, 2017 at 5:41 AM Post #6,712 of 22,021
On how many cores does it run when the screen is on? Is that all 8?
Yes.
Then there would be an audible difference when screen is switched on and off.
I tell you the truth :) But you can understand that there is a difference between "1 vs 4" and "4 vs 8", especially because 8 cores are not required, and are mostly sleep, when 1 core alone is overloaded. Then it influences the power supply, that is common for all the parts.

But some people believe that a few lines in a text file (yes: just useless for any other means text lines!) inside firmware make the sound better :D I just tell you what the change was done, and how it may influence.

Jun 24, 2017 at 8:41 AM Post #6,713 of 22,021
Frequently reboot occurred again in the latest firmware. Also, shuffle does not work in directory section.

Jun 24, 2017 at 10:50 AM Post #6,714 of 22,021
Question about comparability, anyone try the Audeze iSine 20 or the sine on-ear headphones with the DX200?

Jun 24, 2017 at 11:02 AM Post #6,715 of 22,021
Hi

This question is primarily for Twister6, but also for anyone else that can answer. How does the iBasso DX200 with the AMP2 compare tonally to the Opus#2? What I mean is, does the AMP2 add enough warmth to make it comparable to the Opus#2?

Regards

Darren

Jun 24, 2017 at 11:44 AM Post #6,716 of 22,021
carefull which cable you choose for your FLC's. Some might fit, but will damage the connectors on your IEM's. The FLC's have quite specific connectors.
I bought the original balanced cable from FLC. You can order it at LMUE http://www.lendmeurears.com/flc8s-single-crystal-silver-upgrade-cable/

Yep. I already have the Crystal Silver upgrade cable (non-balanced) from LMUE. However I prefer and use Null Audio's Arete cable which possesses significantly less microphonics although it was a tighter fit with their TF10 connector. Unfortunately LMUE indicates "out of stock" for the balanced Crystal cable. I've got an inquiry in with Null Audio about getting another Arete or Lune cable with balanced terminator since I don't see the option for it on their site.

Jun 24, 2017 at 12:45 PM Post #6,717 of 22,021
Frequently reboot occurred again in the latest firmware. Also, shuffle does not work in directory section.
Did you try a factory reset?

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Jun 24, 2017 at 1:19 PM Post #6,718 of 22,021
Yep. I already have the Crystal Silver upgrade cable (non-balanced) from LMUE. However I prefer and use Null Audio's Arete cable which possesses significantly less microphonics although it was a tighter fit with their TF10 connector. Unfortunately LMUE indicates "out of stock" for the balanced Crystal cable. I've got an inquiry in with Null Audio about getting another Arete or Lune cable with balanced terminator since I don't see the option for it on their site.
I also have the single-ended version of the Crystal Silver Cable, microphonics apart, I found it a worthy upgrade. Still waiting for a balanced version though, but not on my top list of priorities.

Jun 24, 2017 at 1:21 PM Post #6,719 of 22,021
Jun 24, 2017 at 1:59 PM Post #6,720 of 22,021
Yesterday I tried a Focal Elear, an Hifiman 400i (because the local dealer had no 560 available) and an Hifiman Edition X v2. All of them can be driven from the single-ended output of AMP1.
To me, the HEX v2 was miles away from the rest. I was a disappointed with the Elear to be honest, this was my preferred choice before going to the shop. Even the Hifiman 400i was better.
Anyone has tried those HPs?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back