DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Jul 21, 2017 at 11:58 AM Post #7,126 of 22,021
Checking already. And just as philk34 mentions. it is same data.

Jul 21, 2017 at 1:50 PM Post #7,127 of 22,021
The new FW has maintained the high quality of sound. There is a nice excitement to the sound with the mids slightly more forward.

Jul 21, 2017 at 2:23 PM Post #7,128 of 22,021
I just updated the new firmware 2.4.135, I really love it, the bass is so deep and the sound is totally balanced. Currently, I'm hearing with hd800 use balanced cable, the sound so good, It better than the previous version. Thanks for Ibasso team.

Jul 21, 2017 at 3:45 PM Post #7,129 of 22,021
Instruction For Firmware update:
1. Copy and paste the DX200-2.4.135-ota.zip to your SD card's root folder. (extraction is not needed, place zip file directly on the card)
2. Go to Android OS, press Settings-->About DX200-->System updates-->local update-->default and tap the zip file.
3. The whole update will take about 10 minutes. Reboot the DX200 after update completed.

Ok, so I've tried to do this and it doesn't seem to be working..
I've downloaded the FW zip file. When I downloaded it, I extracted it.
So then I have the original zip file and in a folder, another zip file extracted from the original (but with the same name).

So when you said "extraction not needed, place zip file directly on the card", I don't know if you were saying not to extract at all, or whether you just meant no need to extract the 2nd zip file that appears in a folder after extracting the first one?

In any case, I put my micro-SD card into my Windows laptop, copy the original zip file to it, same way I'd do with music (not putting the zip file in any folder).
I then put it back into the DX200 and follow the instructions above.

I can get as far as -->local update
There is nothing saying 'default' and the zip file doesn't appear.
I've tried repeating the whole process, this time deleting the original zip file from the micro-SD card and replacing it with the zip file that appeared in a folder when I unzipped the original zip file.
Again, exactly the same result :frowning2:

Any suggestions anyone?

Jul 21, 2017 at 3:54 PM Post #7,130 of 22,021
Ok, so I've tried to do this and it doesn't seem to be working..
I've downloaded the FW zip file. When I downloaded it, I extracted it.
So then I have the original zip file and in a folder, another zip file extracted from the original (but with the same name).

So when you said "extraction not needed, place zip file directly on the card", I don't know if you were saying not to extract at all, or whether you just meant no need to extract the 2nd zip file that appears in a folder after extracting the first one?

In any case, I put my micro-SD card into my Windows laptop, copy the original zip file to it, same way I'd do with music (not putting the zip file in any folder).
I then put it back into the DX200 and follow the instructions above.

I can get as far as -->local update
There is nothing saying 'default' and the zip file doesn't appear.
I've tried repeating the whole process, this time deleting the original zip file from the micro-SD card and replacing it with the zip file that appeared in a folder when I unzipped the original zip file.
Again, exactly the same result :frowning2:

Any suggestions anyone?
You download the FW zip, as you did. Then unzip the original download and use that "new" zip file for the update. The original zip holds the fixes and directions for for the FW and it holds the zip for the actual FW update. That second zip file is the one you put on the card.

Go into the main Android page and go to settings. You then go to the bottom of the page to About DX200. Then System Updates . Local update . and you will be where you need to be for the update .

Last edited:
Jul 21, 2017 at 4:01 PM Post #7,131 of 22,021
You download the FW zip, as you did. Then unzip the original download and use that "new" zip file for the update. The original zip holds the fixes and directions for for the FW and it holds the zip for the actual FW update. That second zip file is the one you put on the card.

Go into the main Android page and go to settings. You then go to the bottom of the page to About DX200. Then System Updates . Local update . and you will be where you need to be for the update .
That's exactly what I did already :)
Actually, I've just found out the problem.
When I go -->local update, it gives me a menu of two options:
sdcard
0FF9-.....

No mention of default anywhere. I was naturally clicking on sd card and finding nothing.
But I just clicked on the lower option and have found the zip file. Go figure, lol.

Now to see if it works...

Jul 21, 2017 at 4:11 PM Post #7,132 of 22,021
I was naturally clicking on sd card and finding nothing.
"sdcard" here is the internal storage, and "0FF9-...." is your microSD card. Just in case...

Jul 21, 2017 at 4:19 PM Post #7,133 of 22,021
"sdcard" here is the internal storage, and "0FF9-...." is your microSD card. Just in case...
Thanks, that makes it clearer :)
In any case, the update was successful!
Have switched back to Mango player now, and I'm off to test drive my new FW :D
@Lurker0 since it will be tough to search this forum for 'FW' or 'Lurker' and not get loads of results, would you mind posting me a link to your latest FW (and the instructions for downloading it)?
Unless you've got another one planned in the next week or two, as I'll be giving the latest iBasso one a good listen first. But I'm definitely curious to hear yours :)

Jul 21, 2017 at 4:36 PM Post #7,135 of 22,021
would you mind posting me a link to your latest FW
Would you mind to follow the link in my signature? :wink:

2.4.135-L0, most probably, will be published tomorrow.

Jul 21, 2017 at 6:25 PM Post #7,136 of 22,021
Our latest Firmware for the DX200 2.4.135

Improvements with this firmware:
1. Rectified the bug that when charging or in sleep mode, the DX200 has a small possibility to reboot.
2. Rectified the bug that sometimes when playing music, the DX200 automatically pauses or the Launcher crashed. (Android OS)
3. Updated the playlist import and export function.
4. Rectified the bug in the first minute of using the DAC function, the DAC might disconnect from computer automatically.
5. Rectified the bug that system error happens when using the Japanese input. (Android OS)
6. Rectified the bug that when playing some APE music, the tracking number showed as 0/0. (Android OS)
7. Rectified the bug that when playing DSD music, pressing the tactile buttons would introduce noise. (Android OS)
8. Rectified the bug that when playing from Directory view, the Now Playing track order is different to the track order of theDirectory view. (Android OS)
9. Rectified the bug that when playing some DSD music file, the sound stutters. (Mango OS)
10. Rectified the bug that when playing some specified music format, the system becomes slow to respond. (Mango OS)
11. Rectified the bug that when playing some CD image or ISO, the album artwork can't be displayed.
12. Rectified the bug that when playing from Genre view, and returning from secondary structure, there is nothing displayed.
13. Updated FLAC decode engine, and improved FLAC support.

Instruction For Firmware update:

1. Copy and paste the DX200-2.4.135-ota.zip to your SD card's root folder. (extraction is not needed, place zip file directly on the card)
2. Go to Android OS, press Settings-->About DX200-->System updates-->local update-->default and tap the zip file.
3. The whole update will take about 10 minutes. Reboot the DX200 after update completed.
Bug number 8 still exists, wasn't like this before I did the update. It's playing everything in the wrong order!! Tried a reset and no different.
Just tried mango player, no problem. Doesn't sound as good as in Android !!!!

Last edited:
Jul 21, 2017 at 8:32 PM Post #7,137 of 22,021
Will google playstore compatibility be coming? It would be the absolute icing on the cake...
You can use Lurker's custom firmware to get the Play Store. Then, if you prefer to stick with iBasso stock firmware just reinstall the normal way and the Play Store will remain. Follow the instructions and it's pretty easy.

Jul 21, 2017 at 11:50 PM Post #7,138 of 22,021
Bug number 8 still exists, wasn't like this before I did the update. It's playing everything in the wrong order!! Tried a reset and no different.
Just tried mango player, no problem. Doesn't sound as good as in Android !!!!

Can confirm. Also having this issue (songs playing out of order as if shuffle was on). I didn't even know it was a bug in the last firmware, as I didn't have it then.

Jul 22, 2017 at 2:58 AM Post #7,139 of 22,021
Can confirm. Also having this issue (songs playing out of order as if shuffle was on). I didn't even know it was a bug in the last firmware, as I didn't have it then.

I think you better switch to other player app instead of Mango as it has so many bugs that cannot be fixed after many firmware version. I give it up anyway...

Jul 22, 2017 at 3:00 AM Post #7,140 of 22,021
I have reported this to the software team and they will get right to work on it.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back