Dunu DN-1000 - Dunu's hybrid IEM - Impressions thread
Jun 27, 2017 at 4:30 PM Post #2,506 of 2,536
hi guys, i'm pretty new here, can you suggest some headphones that matches approximatedly the response of the Dunu Dn1000. Right now i have a Fidelio X2 but i certainly miss some of the 'energy' the Dunu possess in the highs.

I'm also interested in finding some good headphones with a similar signature to Dunu dn1k. I was having a look at Meze 99 classics, what are your opinions about it? Some other ideas?

Sep 20, 2017 at 5:34 AM Post #2,507 of 2,536
I'm also interested in finding some good headphones with a similar signature to Dunu dn1k. I was having a look at Meze 99 classics, what are your opinions about it? Some other ideas?

I also really like the DN1000 and haven't been able to find an upgrade that performs better in every way, perhaps the sound signature they have here is really quite unique.

I've have tried the Campfire Andromeda recently, which I think is similar in soundstage and clarity, but it's more balanced with smoother treble and a bit less bass.. I'm quite tempted but I can't justify the price...

Sep 21, 2017 at 11:18 AM Post #2,508 of 2,536
I also really like the DN1000 and haven't been able to find an upgrade that performs better in every way, perhaps the sound signature they have here is really quite unique.

I've have tried the Campfire Andromeda recently, which I think is similar in soundstage and clarity, but it's more balanced with smoother treble and a bit less bass.. I'm quite tempted but I can't justify the price...

Wow that's surprising, Andromeda having the same sonic resolution and soundstage vs DN1K. I too really love this IEM, haven't found any replacement as of now. Perhaps the DN2K or FLC8S mostly, from what I read.

Sep 23, 2017 at 2:22 PM Post #2,509 of 2,536
My Dunu 1Ks still going strong. Still love their sound with the HA-2 and USB Audio Pro. Had them since Jan 2014. No issues.

The DN2KJ has been mentioned as similar but I can neither confirm or deny. One of the best purchases I have made since diving into the hobby.

Oct 10, 2017 at 3:36 AM Post #2,510 of 2,536
Wow that's surprising, Andromeda having the same sonic resolution and soundstage vs DN1K. I too really love this IEM, haven't found any replacement as of now. Perhaps the DN2K or FLC8S mostly, from what I read.

Haha maybe clarity was the wrong word to use here... Maybe a better way to describe would he the lack of muddiness (usually present in shure/sennheiser mid range headphones).

Just an update:
I was about to pull the trigger on a pair of the Snow White Andromedas, but saw the Noble K10 drop on massdrop for $899 (less than Andromeda!). Went to try the Encore (the new version of the K10 and because K10 is no longer stocked at retail stores), and pulled the trigger.

The Encore had very airy vocals, butter smooth in all ranges, but perhaps a bit less bass than the DN1000 and less sparkle than both the DN1000 and Andromeda. It is not V shaped sound, but it just sounded so good. Hopefully the K10s aren't too different from the Encores

Last edited:
Oct 15, 2017 at 4:02 PM Post #2,511 of 2,536
Guys sad news. Accidentally I broke my IEMs, Was cleaning with alcohol swab and Had to do this because of slight loss of balance with R, due to wax, And I perhaps applied too much pressure while sucking out with mouth due to R side going dark because of alcohol even though the swabs don't have much of the liquid, I broke the other side while fixing the R side, I shouldn't have had to repeat the same on L. That caused the massive rattling now on L.

T_T

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2017 at 11:56 AM Post #2,512 of 2,536
Guys sad news. Accidentally I broke my IEMs, Was cleaning with alcohol swab and Had to do this because of slight loss of balance with R, due to wax, And I perhaps applied too much pressure while sucking out with mouth due to R side going dark because of alcohol even though the swabs don't have much of the liquid, I broke the other side while fixing the R side, I shouldn't have had to repeat the same on L. That caused the massive rattling now on L.

T_T

That sucks!! They are still selling them from Tmall in China, if you'd like another pair.

Nov 8, 2017 at 3:25 PM Post #2,516 of 2,536
Hello, newbie here. I am looking to buy DUNU DN-1000 but i heard there are some fake ones on Ebay/Amazon. Can you please share where i can buy it please. I live in Slovakia and i cant find them in my country. Thank you

Lend Me Ur Ears seller on Amazon has good rep here, I bought from them only through Amazon, tried VSonic GR07 BE and the Dunus, GR07 had issue with it's nozzle and had to return it, Dunu worked fine until a few months or so, Had to send them to repair.

I think the issue is with the Part rather than the Seller. GL

Nov 8, 2017 at 4:43 PM Post #2,517 of 2,536
Lend Me Ur Ears seller on Amazon has good rep here, I bought from them only through Amazon, tried VSonic GR07 BE and the Dunus, GR07 had issue with it's nozzle and had to return it, Dunu worked fine until a few months or so, Had to send them to repair.

I think the issue is with the Part rather than the Seller. GL

Oh this is bad :frowning2: such a good looking and maybe souding iem but it has so much issues with left or right driver. I don't want to pay $200 for these and after 3 weeks I will end up sending them back to repair. Are there any good alternatives for dunu dn-1000?

Nov 8, 2017 at 5:52 PM Post #2,518 of 2,536
Oh this is bad :frowning2: such a good looking and maybe souding iem but it has so much issues with left or right driver. I don't want to pay $200 for these and after 3 weeks I will end up sending them back to repair. Are there any good alternatives for dunu dn-1000?
$200 is through their own site, On Amazon they are priced at ~$150+ (LMUE - Lend me ur ears sells them at 158USD on Amazon). I also feel so left out, With Joker being inactive on both Head-Fi and his site & head-fi's massive redesign.

I cannot find a replacement IEM that beats this beast.
So far these are the only IEMs that crossed my mind in search of a replacement or upgrade...

Multitple / Hybrid driver -
DN2000 is a sidegrade (Loses the Bass impact of these, Fun for Clarity/Flat not worth $100 or even upgrade from this set imho).
Dunu 2KJ is entirely different tuned not even close to this, it caters to analytical lovers. Better to disregard this as you won't have any fun with this purchase.
FLC 8S is expensive but the sonic performance is great, thanks to extreme tuning (Bass is great but not at DN1K class, but perhaps a touch different at it's closer to the DN2K). It has the port pin size issues some reported that the pin size from the stock cable is .74mm or some, while the aftermarket ones are .75 and using them makes the port useless with the stock cables as it enlarges the port for the removable cable advantage.
EarSonics Velvet which seems to be an upgrade but very out of the class at 700 Euros, v2 is out seems like it has addressed a few issues with the knob check it on THL site (Joker's site).

Single driver
RHA MA750 can't beat these at all as the DN1K has more Bass Quantity / Quality and supreme clarity due to Hybrid setup (These are great purchase for their sound, no questioning their sound for their price and 3Yr warranty, Everyone likes their build but I found their cable rubber being prone to get rubbed often at the 3.5mm spring which helps to maintain the integrity, Mesh isn't that great it's weak and not like DN1K), VSonic GR07/Bass Edition lacks bass quality and quantity despite the name but it does shine at others, it has superb sound that's no doubt, You can hear almost every instrument and note, thanks to that Bio Cellulose driver it has. I loved their sound, the build quality is questionable though there's a new version that's having removable port but it has lost the high number of tips selection that original had & the new cable is also good I guess.. I bought the original GR07Bass Edition which I returned later, Dunu Titan 1 sound is very different and cannot match to this Hybrid Driver set BUT it's definitely a great IEM perhaps rivals the RHA MA750. Sennheiser IE80 these cannot compete with the DN1K at all or the GR07BE due to the veil they have, too much of mid get clouded due to Bass but the soundstage is vast, I returned them because they felt inferior to the VSonics in tonal clarity and perhaps burn-in changes them overtime, There's an upgraded version IE80S claiming to have solved that veil, idk..I don't think an Single Driver set can beat these.

Edit : Perhaps the RHA T20 is also a good contender as it bests the MA750, but not like it can beat the DN2000 in bass at Sub-Bass levels, though it mid bass might be good..That's where the DN1K's shine, the sub bass goes so deep and you'll love how it does with maintaining all the superb clarity with it, ofc red spacers.

I personally suggest you to buy Dunu 1000 from LMUE from Amazon and give them a spin because you'll love these IEMs only downside is it's a little bit congested, very little... Also If they get damaged, you can ship to china they will repair them for free in under warranty and then keep them safe. They really performed well without any issues, Just be careful of the wax don't let it clog through the mesh, Buy Comply T500's if needed.

Also check THL site's jokers list you may find some good alternatives, check out comments too, he posted a recent review & few comments until 2017 March but not anything later, He seems to be busy but still runs the site and the FB page of THL, I found his review and sound taste very appropriate and matching to my taste as well.

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2017 at 5:54 AM Post #2,519 of 2,536
Okay, I bought these from amazon, looking forward to them. Also Do you recommend any DAC/AMP to use with them please with bass boost option? I would like to have the best quality from them as possible.

wolfxomg Can i have contact on you please? discord? skype?

Last edited:
Dec 6, 2017 at 10:40 PM Post #2,520 of 2,536
Okay, I bought these from amazon, looking forward to them. Also Do you recommend any DAC/AMP to use with them please with bass boost option? I would like to have the best quality from them as possible.

wolfxomg Can i have contact on you please? discord? skype?

Sorry I didn't get to try them with any of the DAC/AMP only thing I have are my iPod 5.5G and iPod 6G Classic and my notebook. I think these are pretty much amazing out of box, the 13Ohm Impedance allows to drive them very easily. Also good news is I got my DN1Ks back, repaired - As good as brand new with the same Dynamic Fidelity these beautiful things have. Credit goes to the DUNU team for the amazing care they take about their customers and the effort they make to build such amazing gear. Now I can only imagine how amazing the Dunu 3001 sound like..Maybe you can give a shot to the famous E17K which has ton of options, or expensive Oppo HA2SE or even more expensive iDSD Black label (often gets slickdeals discount to $300 change) which can also powerful drive cans.

Also on the another note, I got my HD6XX, They sound fantastic, their Bass and Sound texture is amazing, they are superb, their signature is tad different to these I need time to compare these two.. but I will be needing a DAC/AMP solution for them to unleash their full power, I think it's not fair to compare but still I might post the impressions here only.

So far only used them with the only gear that I mentioned above. Eyeing a Schiit Stack / JDS labs O2 NvAV setup (Not interested in portable gear because Li-Ion battery cycles are limited and needs replacement), Will buy it next year, too many purchases this year haha..

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back