Dita Audio Flagship - "The Dream"
Jul 26, 2017 at 12:26 AM Post #392 of 569
Yes you can use the Truth cables for other IEMs

Yes the guys at Music Sanctuary confirmed for me that the Dream cable will fit my Tia Fourte (2 pin).

So I ordered to Dream yesterday. Should get here on Friday. I just sold my AK380 so I will be without a DAP when I recieve it, but should have a Sony 1z by the 7th of August, which I will use via balanced.

I really enjoyed the Dita Truth. It can't hang with my Zeus XRA or Tia Fourte (but it is less than 1/3rd of the price), but I am expecting that the Dream will be able to once it is thoroughly burnt in.

Jul 30, 2017 at 9:36 PM Post #394 of 569
Hadn't heard much about the dream but it's super intriguing to me.

I currently have Utopias and ie800s. I think the ie800s are really fun sounding but Utopia has spoiled me in its detail so I'm looking for something to get closer to that.

Currently using a Chord Mojo, but I would be willing to switch to a DAP around a grand (but must be able to stream Tidal). The iBasso DX200 has been the one that's stood out to me so far, but I don't know all that much about DAP players except that I'd buy the WM1A instantly if it could use Tidal...

I don't like bright headphones. I had HD800 and liked them but needed the SDR mod a warm dac and a warm amp to make them more tolerable, and I thought Utopia was far better the second I tried it. One of my concerns is on another site one user said the treble and mids sounded thin. I don't really think I want that.

Would The Dream be a good fit for me? Haha I can see it now, my only two headphones being "Utopia" and "The Dream"... What subtle names...

Thanks!

Edit: Also where the hell do I buy these lol? Amazon prices seem horrible... In U.S.

Last edited:
Jul 30, 2017 at 10:25 PM Post #395 of 569
Burning my Dream's in now. Regarding fit, I have found that putting a little spacer between the dream and the tip has helped me greatly and I can achieve a nice fit with Spinfit's easily. Prior to adding the spacer it was a struggle. I also did this with my Answer Truth's and the AKG K3003's when I had them.

No impressions yet as still to get 100 hours (will critically listen at 300 hours or so). I am also between DAP's at the moment but should have a 1z by the end of the week - will then have to burn that in lol.

Seriously though what is up with the silly leather carry case for these things? completely not practical, reminds me of the stupid case Final supplied with the Lab 1's. My last few iem's are Noble K10au, Katana, EE Zeus, and 64 Audio Tia Fourte, all of which have had ledgit carry cases. Dita guys dropped the ball re the case.

Jul 31, 2017 at 6:27 AM Post #396 of 569
Hadn't heard much about the dream but it's super intriguing to me.

I currently have Utopias and ie800s. I think the ie800s are really fun sounding but Utopia has spoiled me in its detail so I'm looking for something to get closer to that.

Currently using a Chord Mojo, but I would be willing to switch to a DAP around a grand (but must be able to stream Tidal). The iBasso DX200 has been the one that's stood out to me so far, but I don't know all that much about DAP players except that I'd buy the WM1A instantly if it could use Tidal...

I don't like bright headphones. I had HD800 and liked them but needed the SDR mod a warm dac and a warm amp to make them more tolerable, and I thought Utopia was far better the second I tried it. One of my concerns is on another site one user said the treble and mids sounded thin. I don't really think I want that.

Would The Dream be a good fit for me? Haha I can see it now, my only two headphones being "Utopia" and "The Dream"... What subtle names...

Thanks!

Edit: Also where the hell do I buy these lol? Amazon prices seem horrible... In U.S.

The Dream is very clear and open in it's presentation. I reviewed it with two DAP's the Kann and the Opus#2. From a sound quality point only, nothing else figuring in, the Opus#2 gets the slight edge. The Kann drives them with a little more authority. Both of these DAP's stream Tidal. The only way they sound thin is is they don't have a bit of power behind them. The DD bass fills in very very nice as is the characteristic of DD. These are beginning to become a bit scarce. As I was talking with Desmond he said they are done producing them the only one's they are producing are backorders to distributors. He said that the price should appreciate for those that own them.

Last edited:
Jul 31, 2017 at 8:24 AM Post #397 of 569
Burning my Dream's in now. Regarding fit, I have found that putting a little spacer between the dream and the tip has helped me greatly and I can achieve a nice fit with Spinfit's easily. Prior to adding the spacer it was a struggle. I also did this with my Answer Truth's and the AKG K3003's when I had them..

What's the thickness of the spacer you used between the Dream and the tip, and what kind of spacer did you use? I'd like to try the same to see if it it helps my fit as well. Thanks

Jul 31, 2017 at 10:18 AM Post #398 of 569
Burning my Dream's in now. Regarding fit, I have found that putting a little spacer between the dream and the tip has helped me greatly and I can achieve a nice fit with Spinfit's easily. Prior to adding the spacer it was a struggle. I also did this with my Answer Truth's and the AKG K3003's when I had them.

No impressions yet as still to get 100 hours (will critically listen at 300 hours or so). I am also between DAP's at the moment but should have a 1z by the end of the week - will then have to burn that in lol.
WM1Z and Dream, excellent combo :thumbsup:The WM1Z gives it natural and smooth sound and larger vocals, it drives it with authority. But yeah WM1Z also requires some serious burn, at least 200 hours I think. You can burn them together maybe like I did. Do you have the 4.4 plug already for the Truth cable?

Jul 31, 2017 at 5:15 PM Post #400 of 569
They stopped producing the Dream after only a few months of production? That would be sad, buy I wonder the reason; was it always supposed to be a limited run?
Not really sure. I know Desmond said they were working to fill back orders for their retail partners.

Jul 31, 2017 at 5:50 PM Post #401 of 569
So it just means they are out of stock and produce now to fill existing orders; meaning they cannot produce as much as they sell; not really saying much about stopping production (but still valid point as to price increase)

back order
noun
a retailer's order for a product which is temporarily out of stock with the supplier

Jul 31, 2017 at 6:02 PM Post #402 of 569
No sir..I was told it is impossible to mass produce and therefore they could only do a small run. They are focusing on fulfilling retailers back orders. And that they are almost sold out.

Jul 31, 2017 at 9:53 PM Post #404 of 569
The Dream is a small run. It's an amazing earphone among the best of the best, but it sure difficult to make.

The shells are solid titanium, if you consider the geomtetry it's not easy to make, and they are all finished by hand. That makes the production bottlenecked. The internals are far more complex that one might think as well from what I understand.

For those of us with the Dream, be thankful we got them first

Aug 2, 2017 at 2:52 AM Post #405 of 569
What's the thickness of the spacer you used between the Dream and the tip, and what kind of spacer did you use? I'd like to try the same to see if it it helps my fit as well. Thanks
The thickness is only 1-2mm. I simply cut 1-2mm off the base of another tip and put it on the shaft and then put the actual tip I want to use on. IT really works a treat for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back