Chord Mojo issue solutions thread.
Apr 24, 2017 at 6:53 AM Post #616 of 1,084
  Has anyone gone through their service department? I am experiencing a terrible situation regarding my unit. I wonder if they were supportive for other people. I live in the US, and I bought it from one of their authorized dealers on amazon.com.

Normally Customer support deals with issues pretty smoothly.
The normal Chord RMA process is return via the dealer>distributor>Chord.

This post describes what process to follow, if you are having difficulty in returning your unit via your dealer (in this specific case, the unit had been bought via Amazon, and it was difficult to return the unit). http://www.head-fi.org/t/784602/chord-mojo-dac-amp-faq-in-3rd-post/31755#post_13424397 

Hope this helps

Apr 29, 2017 at 12:44 PM Post #617 of 1,084
Can anyone be of help getting an Olimex isolator to work with my Mojo? I've tried it with OS X, iOS, and a Raspberry Pi running Diet pi (with Roon) and I can't get the thing to pass a signal.
Seems like it should be plug and play.

Thanks,
Steve

Apr 29, 2017 at 2:27 PM Post #618 of 1,084
Can anyone be of help getting an Olimex isolator to work with my Mojo? I've tried it with OS X, iOS, and a Raspberry Pi running Diet pi (with Roon) and I can't get the thing to pass a signal.
Seems like it should be plug and play.

Thanks,
Steve
I think that @fluidz has a Mojo and has used an Olimex isolator, so maybe he can give you some suggestions.

Apr 30, 2017 at 3:17 PM Post #619 of 1,084
I'm also having a charging issue or at least I think its a charging issue. I am using the Mojo mostly as the dac in my second system (line level...or usually a bit below suggested line level) I have the Mojo continually plugged into an Apple 10w usb charger. I am only playing standard rebook.....nothing higher resolution. It seems the charger can't keep up...my dac just shut down after an entire morning of listening (4 hours)
The blue light is on, so I presume its charging.
Any ideas?

May 6, 2017 at 12:07 AM Post #620 of 1,084
Hello all! I'm having issues with my Chord Mojo.
I cannot play anything off the internet on my Macbook besides the TIDAL, Spotify and Music apps. This is the case even when those programs have been closed. What is the issue??

May 6, 2017 at 9:29 AM Post #621 of 1,084
Hello all! I'm having issues with my Chord Mojo.
I cannot play anything off the internet on my Macbook besides the TIDAL, Spotify and Music apps. This is the case even when those programs have been closed. What is the issue??
My first thought is that this is another case where apps grab control of the connection to the external dac, but do not release control when the app is closed down - result is that the computer cannot output music.

There was a similar post a couple of days ago, I think on the Mojo thread, related to UAPP, so try and find that series of posts.

May 7, 2017 at 7:17 AM Post #622 of 1,084
My first thought is that this is another case where apps grab control of the connection to the external dac, but do not release control when the app is closed down - result is that the computer cannot output music.

There was a similar post a couple of days ago, I think on the Mojo thread, related to UAPP, so try and find that series of posts.

I cannot find anything helpful after hours of sifting through forums.

I just discovered that TIDAL video audio does not play either so it mustn't be entirely an app not letting go issue.

It seems that the unit is stuck at 192kHz and won't acknowledge audio coming in from web browsers or any other source.

I'm really at my wits end... Not only is it not working with my MAC but since the Apple 10.3.1 Update, it isn't supported by my iPhone either....

May 7, 2017 at 8:47 AM Post #623 of 1,084
I cannot find anything helpful after hours of sifting through forums.

I just discovered that TIDAL video audio does not play either so it mustn't be entirely an app not letting go issue.

It seems that the unit is stuck at 192kHz and won't acknowledge audio coming in from web browsers or any other source.

I'm really at my wits end... Not only is it not working with my MAC but since the Apple 10.3.1 Update, it isn't supported by my iPhone either....
Post your problem on the main Mojo thread, because far more owners read that thread.

May 10, 2017 at 1:31 PM Post #624 of 1,084
Turns out my problem was a faulty charger, not the Mojo.
Problem solved

I'm also having a charging issue or at least I think its a charging issue. I am using the Mojo mostly as the dac in my second system (line level...or usually a bit below suggested line level) I have the Mojo continually plugged into an Apple 10w usb charger. I am only playing standard rebook.....nothing higher resolution. It seems the charger can't keep up...my dac just shut down after an entire morning of listening (4 hours)
The blue light is on, so I presume its charging.
Any ideas?

May 10, 2017 at 9:38 PM Post #625 of 1,084
my mojo is starting to act up, it's turning off by itself and I'm using it as a desk setup. I have it connected directly through a wall charger so losing charge isn't the problem. Anyone have this issue?

May 11, 2017 at 4:46 AM Post #628 of 1,084
I found I had to go on the audio MIDI app of Apple on Mac and manually change the sample rate for youtube then quit the app and reset the video. Same thing for issues with TIDAL video audio. Only thing left now is for apple to fix their iphone update to work with the Mojo :)

May 11, 2017 at 4:58 AM Post #629 of 1,084
my mojo is starting to act up, it's turning off by itself and I'm using it as a desk setup. I have it connected directly through a wall charger so losing charge isn't the problem. Anyone have this issue?

I have had the same problem twice, had the mojo replaced by dealer the first time and it has happened again.

I use mojo in a desktop setup that is always on. Contacted chord they suggested maybe the battery gets damaged if left on all the time.

Both of my mojo units lasted about 5 months before they just start turning off and won't charge. That's while trying multiple apple chargers, chord USB cable and others.

So now I'm taking another mojo to the dealer to see what they can do, now out of warranty

May 11, 2017 at 5:47 AM Post #630 of 1,084
I have had the same problem twice, had the mojo replaced by dealer the first time and it has happened again.

I use mojo in a desktop setup that is always on. Contacted chord they suggested maybe the battery gets damaged if left on all the time.

Both of my mojo units lasted about 5 months before they just start turning off and won't charge. That's while trying multiple apple chargers, chord USB cable and others.

So now I'm taking another mojo to the dealer to see what they can do, now out of warranty

It's not uncommon for lithium batteries to die prematurely from being plugged in all the time. Having a lithium battery near full charge (over 4.10V per cel) for very long periods of time is very stressful for the battery. I killed two laptops and an iPod Classic before I figured this out long ago. Now I unplug when the battery is full and only charge when needed, or for a short top up, and all my lithium battery devices run very well with no premature signs of wear, including the Mojo I've had since it launched.

My advice, don't leave a lithium battery powered devices plugged in for extended periods of time once charged.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back