Cayin N3 Hi-Res DAP with AKM4490 DAC, apt-X Bluetooth, and Line, USB & Coax Out for $150
Jun 22, 2017 at 1:08 AM Post #2,612 of 6,262
https://www.head-fi.org/f/threads/c...oax-out-for-150.833932/page-156#post-13531129

we can increase the title limit to 20,000, this is technically feasible and probably hitting the limit of N3 hardware (CPU processing power and RAM available for processing). I have submitted an request and received green light for that not too long ago, so please for that, please keep an eye on our firmware update announcement. :beerchug:
https://www.head-fi.org/f/threads/c...oax-out-for-150.833932/page-156#post-13531129

we can increase the title limit to 20,000, this is technically feasible and probably hitting the limit of N3 hardware (CPU processing power and RAM available for processing). I have submitted an request and received green light for that not too long ago, so please for that, please keep an eye on our firmware update announcement. :beerchug:
Thanks Andy. All of us really appreciate your responsiveness to our suggestions and any issues we might have. Never seen this from any other manufacturer. Kudos!

Jun 22, 2017 at 1:19 AM Post #2,613 of 6,262
IMGP6159.JPG

Wow...

Pretty damn impressive Cayin!

Last edited:
Jun 22, 2017 at 1:50 AM Post #2,614 of 6,262

Wow...

Very cool indeed... but... as far as I know the N3 can't receive and transmit Bluetooth at the same time, and therefore you can't listen to Bluetooth headphones and use Hibylink at the same time. Also since the music is still playing on the N3 (not the phone), you can't just have the N3 anywhere and still listen to music, unless a) you have a very long headphone cord, and b) you've connected your N3 to an amp or receiver and listening via line out.

Just wanted to clarify that because too many early reviews are suggesting Hibylink turns your phone into an N3-quality music player or that you can control your N3 with the phone and still use Bluetooth headphones.

Still a very, very cool feature - in my case for using my phone as a N3 remote when listening via powered speakers.

Last edited:
Jun 22, 2017 at 1:58 AM Post #2,615 of 6,262

Wow...

Glad you like this, but I kind of expected that because your large screen UI is your cup of tea.

The credit goes to HiBy Music, we contribute as a strategy user but HiBy developed the function. You are using the preview version of the new HiByMusic, so your readers probably won't be able to find it.

The N3 firmware is a beta version and its not available on our website. We are still working on release version and we expect to roll out the official N3 firmware by first week of July.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Jun 22, 2017 at 2:19 AM Post #2,616 of 6,262
Glad you like this, but I kind of expected that because your large screen UI is your cup of tea.

The credit goes to HiBy Music, we contribute as a strategy user but HiBy developed the function. You are using the preview version of the new HiByMusic, so your readers probably won't be able to find it.

The N3 firmware is a beta version and its not available on our website. We are still working on release version and we expect to roll out the official N3 firmware by first week of July.

I think good ole' joe Bloggs is with Hiby now? If so he is kicking ass!

Jun 22, 2017 at 2:48 AM Post #2,617 of 6,262
Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Jun 22, 2017 at 3:07 AM Post #2,618 of 6,262
I think good ole' Joe Bloggs is with Hiby now? If so he is kicking ass!

Yes I am :) Credit for this new function goes to the smart software engineers of the HiByMusic app but there's something else for the app coming up in the next few months for which I can take credit :wink:

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jun 22, 2017 at 3:25 AM Post #2,619 of 6,262
Yes I am :) Credit for this new function goes to the smart software engineers of the HiByMusic app but there's something else for the app coming up in the next few months for which I can take credit :wink:

My man $50 grand!:beerchug:

Looking forward to the next part . This G.U.I is pretty awesome. The re-size art for BG image is great and the overall flow of the whole player is excellent.
Nice work

Jun 22, 2017 at 7:01 AM Post #2,620 of 6,262
I also love my Cayin N3 + XBA-N3 but where is the tempered glass ?? The plastic protective screen is a mess after only a couple of weeks use...

Also, why fast forward is so slow for tracks over 30 mins ? It´s completely unusable,not just slow.

Jun 22, 2017 at 10:19 AM Post #2,621 of 6,262
Thanks a lot @Andykong The HiByMusic app and Beta Firmware are a Killer Feature for me. I will test the in these days and I will let you know.

I ha ve a Question for you: A Shop just sent me the new Xiaomi ANC Headphone with Type C connector (to test them on Xiaomi Mi6). Yesterday i tested them with N3 and they works! But as a Audio Device (so volume sensitivity is really different from "normal" headphones)

Can I use them with no issues or will I face some issues? What do you suggest?

Jun 22, 2017 at 8:49 PM Post #2,622 of 6,262
Hello everyone,

I just recently recieved my N3 and I wanted to know how to get started. I'm currently going to use the SD card that I've been using for my Fiio X1 to store music on it, would I have to completed format this SD card first before doing so? (I notice that my PC isn't detecting the N3)

BTW, does the USB cable that comes with it 'lock' within the device? I have it connected properly (the two '-' icons are blinking and the battery is charging) but I'm noticing that the cable can be easy to come out if I move the device.

Last edited:
Jun 23, 2017 at 1:59 AM Post #2,624 of 6,262
I just recently recieved my N3 and I wanted to know how to get started. I'm currently going to use the SD card that I've been using for my Fiio X1 to store music on it, would I have to completed format this SD card first before doing so? (I notice that my PC isn't detecting the N3)
You can put the mSD directly into the N3 without formatting it, and either use folder view to choose your files or get the N3 to scan and create its own music library. I personally prefer folder view but that's up to you.

BTW, does the USB cable that comes with it 'lock' within the device? I have it connected properly (the two '-' icons are blinking and the battery is charging) but I'm noticing that the cable can be easy to come out if I move the device.
The cable doesn't lock, but mine is fairly snug in there. It shouldn't come out too easily, but if you pull on it too hard it will pop out. Your PC should 'see' the N3 as soon as you have an mSD card in it, or install Windows drivers to use it as a DAC (remember to switch it into DAC mode first in settings).

Jun 23, 2017 at 3:44 AM Post #2,625 of 6,262
Braver man than I, mine isn't coming apart unless something tragic happens and it breaks that way.

The back came lose on one side so I put my fingernail between the back and base on other side and after a bit of wiggling it came off. I saw that the back is hot glued too the base and they probably didn't do a great job on mine. As great as the sound quality is the quality of the exterior isn't that great in my opinion the pleather on my unit is also starting to discolor to purplish in one spot and thats only after having it for about 2 weeks. :confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back