Campfire Audio Vega (and Dorado and Lyra II) - Head-Fi TV
Apr 23, 2017 at 10:02 AM Post #3,676 of 5,394
Thank you for the comments.
Have you heard Vega or LyraII? Wonder how the low end compares on Jupiter?

Does burn-in benefit a all BA IEM? I thought it most helped the dynamic drivers?

TIA

I have both the Jupiter and the Lyra II, and the Jupiter's bass though deep, does not hold a candle to the texture, timbre, impact and decay of the Lyra II. With that said, I prefer dynamic driver bass over BA bass, and its likely the Jupiter might have a more "accurate" and quick sounding bass, if that's your taste.

The whole idea of burn in is to flex stiff dynamic drivers straight out the factory, I don't believe it affects BA iems, 

Apr 23, 2017 at 11:03 AM Post #3,677 of 5,394
Yes, I'm hoping burn-in will have a greater effect on Dorado. I'd like those vocals clearer and more detaild. I'm not sure that's going to happen, though.

Apr 23, 2017 at 11:18 AM Post #3,678 of 5,394
I have both the Jupiter and the Lyra II, and the Jupiter's bass though deep, does not hold a candle to the texture, timbre, impact and decay of the Lyra II. With that said, I prefer dynamic driver bass over BA bass, and its likely the Jupiter might have a more "accurate" and quick sounding bass, if that's your taste.

The whole idea of burn in is to flex stiff dynamic drivers straight out the factory, I don't believe it affects BA iems, 

If I might ask which do you end up listening to more Jupiter or LyraII?
I really like Lyra II and prefer it with my spiral dots but the buildup of pressure at times has forced me to go back to the Comply comfortable

Apr 23, 2017 at 11:42 AM Post #3,679 of 5,394
If I might ask which do you end up listening to more Jupiter or LyraII?
I really like Lyra II and prefer it with my spiral dots but the buildup of pressure at times has forced me to go back to the Comply comfortable

Jupiter I feel is technically superior in terms of things like treble extension, detail retrieval, soundstage, etc but Lyra to me is more enjoyable of a listen.  I don't have any pressure buildup issues with the Lyra, but the small form factor of the Lyra to me is more comfortable to wear anyways.  I use spinfits with the Lyra and spiral dots on the Jupiter.  I believe that the somewhat deeper insertion depth of the Lyra with spiral dots contributes to the issues you're experiencing but I may be wrong.

Apr 23, 2017 at 11:52 AM Post #3,680 of 5,394
  Jupiter I feel is technically superior in terms of things like treble extension, detail retrieval, soundstage, etc but Lyra to me is more enjoyable of a listen.  I don't have any pressure buildup issues with the Lyra, but the small form factor of the Lyra to me is more comfortable to wear anyways.  I use spinfits with the Lyra and spiral dots on the Jupiter.  I believe that the somewhat deeper insertion depth of the Lyra with spiral dots contributes to the issues you're experiencing but I may be wrong.

The Spiral dot seems to create a better seal which is contributing to the pressure issue, at times. The spiral dot works really nicely on the all the frequency ranges with LyraII due to the wider bore, enhancing and improving soundstage and treble extension while maintaining an amazing low end.
I do get more driver flex with spiral dots on insertion as well

Apr 23, 2017 at 11:54 AM Post #3,681 of 5,394

The Spiral dot seems to create a better seal which is contributing to the pressure issue, at times. The spiral dot works really nicely on the all the frequency ranges with LyraII due to the wider bore, enhancing and improving soundstage and treble extension while maintaining an amazing low end.
I do get more driver flex with spiral dots on insertion as well

I contacted campfire about the driver flex and they said that due to being a sealed design driver flex is expected but i shouldn't worry about it because the air pushed isn't enough to damage the driver.

Apr 23, 2017 at 12:43 PM Post #3,682 of 5,394
I contacted campfire about the driver flex and they said that due to being a sealed design driver flex is expected but i shouldn't worry about it because the air pushed isn't enough to damage the driver.

Thx. I think I saw a post by Ken Ball saying the same thing

Apr 23, 2017 at 5:13 PM Post #3,683 of 5,394
same reply from Ken! was worried about the "plock plock" sound on the left driver and inquired about it to Ken and got the same answer! so far so good!
Great piece of iem! Love them more than the andros...

Apr 23, 2017 at 5:43 PM Post #3,684 of 5,394
same reply from Ken! was worried about the "plock plock" sound on the left driver and inquired about it to Ken and got the same answer! so far so good!
Great piece of iem! Love them more than the andros...

Yea I heard the flexing too, actually sounds pretty scary lol like for sure something is getting damaged.. glad you guys found out that it's ok. The el8 headphone is known for that too.

Apr 24, 2017 at 11:12 AM Post #3,688 of 5,394
Just picked up the Vegas at AXPONA. Listened to the Lyra, Andro and Dorado as well, but these really stood out for me. Head and shoulders more enjoyable for my preferences (which = dynamics and bass; soundstage isn't a biggie for me, and while that is good for the Vegas, the Andro is king there). 

Wow, I thought my 846s did great bass. Compared to the 846s, the Vega bass has a) greater impact b) more texture and c) seems to go deeper. Bass on the Vega also put the other Campfire audio models to shame. Yes, some of this is probably due to a bass boost, but this also feels qualitatively different, not just a matter of a dB boost. 

Damn I am loving these. 

Apr 24, 2017 at 11:34 AM Post #3,689 of 5,394
Just picked up the Vegas at AXPONA. Listened to the Lyra, Andro and Dorado as well, but these really stood out for me. Head and shoulders more enjoyable for my preferences (which = dynamics and bass; soundstage isn't a biggie for me, and while that is good for the Vegas, the Andro is king there). 

Wow, I thought my 846s did great bass. Compared to the 846s, the Vega bass has a) greater impact b) more texture and c) seems to go deeper. Bass on the Vega also put the other Campfire audio models to shame. Yes, some of this is probably due to a bass boost, but this also feels qualitatively different, not just a matter of a dB boost. 

Damn I am loving these. 
what is your music preference's?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back