Campfire Audio Vega (and Dorado and Lyra II) - Head-Fi TV
Apr 21, 2017 at 4:35 PM Post #3,646 of 5,394
Vega is very nice IEM but tips Very important role And after a week I still do not know which tips better for my ear :sunglasses:
Spin fit ,ortofon , i don't know

The stock Campfire foam tips work best for myself and many others, it's what the Vegas were tuned with as well. As for other ones I have no clue, but I am looking into getting custom tips, as one user did from Snugs with positive results, and waiting for Jackpot77's feedback on the ones he just got :D

Apr 21, 2017 at 4:37 PM Post #3,647 of 5,394
Vega is very nice IEM but tips Very important role And after a week I still do not know which tips better for my ear :sunglasses:

The stock Campfire foam tips work best for myself and many others, it's what the Vegas were tuned with as well. As for other ones I have no clue, but I am looking into getting custom tips, as one user did from Snugs with positive results, and waiting for Jackpot77's feedback on the ones he just got :D

Apr 21, 2017 at 4:49 PM Post #3,649 of 5,394
maybe trinity kombi tips are worth looking into bro

I ordered something like this
http://www.head-fi.org/t/825397/a-review-of-mandarines-foam-tips
I'm waiting for test

Apr 21, 2017 at 4:51 PM Post #3,650 of 5,394
I ordered something like this
http://www.head-fi.org/t/825397/a-review-of-mandarines-foam-tips
I'm waiting for test

The mandarines were too stiff for my ears and kind of hurt after a while. Currently using RHA dual density tips.

Apr 21, 2017 at 5:13 PM Post #3,651 of 5,394
Apr 21, 2017 at 5:23 PM Post #3,652 of 5,394
I used the stock foam tips for the longest time, with occasional stints using Spiral Dots. With foam tips you sacrifice some treble detail, and with Spiral Dots the highs tend to be a bit too bright, and at times gritty (to my ears).

I recently switched to SpinFit tips and I'm pretty happy with them. More treble detail compared to foam tips, and the treble presentation is smoother compared to Spiral Dots.

I've also ordered these SpinFit TwinBlade tips but haven't received them yet:
http://store.shopping.yahoo.co.jp/e-earphone/4562479120185.html

One issue with silicon tips that I've experienced: if your seal is too good you end up with a vacuum effect which (aside from the discomfort) can impede the movement of the driver.

Apr 21, 2017 at 5:28 PM Post #3,653 of 5,394
With 20 hours of burn-in, I'm spending time this evening listening to Dorado. Medium Spiral Dots for a good deep fit.

Love what I'm hearing. These pair beautifully with the Opus#1.

Apr 21, 2017 at 5:40 PM Post #3,655 of 5,394
With 20 hours of burn-in, I'm spending time this evening listening to Dorado. Medium Spiral Dots for a good deep fit.

Love what I'm hearing. These pair beautifully with the Opus#1.

I have a Lyra II that I got off the for sale forums. I like the spiral dots the overall sound stage and frequency ranges are excellent but there is a pressure buildup I get. This occurs with most silicone tips that provide a very good seal in my personal case
Also, I get driver flex when using silicone tips and inserting them

I have gone back to Comply Comfort fit foam tips. These are more rounded and not as tall as included foam tips making the fit easier for my ears
Also, I could be wrong but the fact that they're not as tall seems to have a little less attenuating affect on the higher frequencies then the standard foam tip

Apr 21, 2017 at 5:47 PM Post #3,656 of 5,394
I use Spiral Dots for all my universal fits. They just work best for me. And sound best to my ears.

Apr 21, 2017 at 6:51 PM Post #3,657 of 5,394
I used the stock foam tips for the longest time, with occasional stints using Spiral Dots. With foam tips you sacrifice some treble detail, and with Spiral Dots the highs tend to be a bit too bright, and at times gritty (to my ears).

I recently switched to SpinFit tips and I'm pretty happy with them. More treble detail compared to foam tips, and the treble presentation is smoother compared to Spiral Dots.

I've also ordered these SpinFit TwinBlade tips but haven't received them yet:
http://store.shopping.yahoo.co.jp/e-earphone/4562479120185.html

One issue with silicon tips that I've experienced: if your seal is too good you end up with a vacuum effect which (aside from the discomfort) can impede the movement of the driver.

I wanted to keep using the Spin Fits with the Vega so I don't have to keep replacing foam tips, but found they made the bass a bit too boomy.

Apr 21, 2017 at 7:06 PM Post #3,658 of 5,394

Just finished a quick session with the Vega and the custom sleeves - fit is excellent, and the sound is pretty sweet too. Will run some proper A/B on Sunday, but initial impression is that the treble is just a touch more open than the foams I have been using, with a similar level of bass. Certainly not a downgrade, and possibly an improvement. Some proper listening to do this weekend so will report back with more in a few days.

In the meantime, I'll just leave this here...

Apr 22, 2017 at 6:07 AM Post #3,659 of 5,394
They look short, do they go past the second bend in the ear canal?
Just finished a quick session with the Vega and the custom sleeves - fit is excellent, and the sound is pretty sweet too. Will run some proper A/B on Sunday, but initial impression is that the treble is just a touch more open than the foams I have been using, with a similar level of bass. Certainly not a downgrade, and possibly an improvement. Some proper listening to do this weekend so will report back with more in a few days.

Apr 22, 2017 at 6:19 AM Post #3,660 of 5,394
How does dorado compare with andromeda?

Got both. I much prefered tuning of the Andro. Dorado is clearly bassy, less air & less soundstage. I did not like the fit neither since nozzle is pretty long and I much prefer shallow fit like Andro or Oriolus.
But I think Dorado will please bassheads who don't want to sacrify the highs (very nice). Medium is a bit weird since vocals are nice but instruments might be slightly pushed back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back