Campfire Audio Vega (and Dorado and Lyra II) - Head-Fi TV
Apr 22, 2017 at 6:38 AM Post #3,661 of 5,394
holden4th - the impressions I sent were taken past the second bend of the canal, but no idea how to tell if the tips go round there?

All I know is they give a nice secure fit and slightly better noise attenuation than foam and seem to be letting the treble breathe a bit more.

Apr 22, 2017 at 6:51 AM Post #3,663 of 5,394
Wasn't impressed with campfire audio's line up

In comparison to what, and which models? Not a challenge, just interested what you are comparing them with?

Apr 22, 2017 at 10:17 AM Post #3,664 of 5,394
Got both. I much prefered tuning of the Andro. Dorado is clearly bassy, less air & less soundstage. I did not like the fit neither since nozzle is pretty long and I much prefer shallow fit like Andro or Oriolus.
But I think Dorado will please bassheads who don't want to sacrify the highs (very nice). Medium is a bit weird since vocals are nice but instruments might be slightly pushed back.
thanks

Apr 22, 2017 at 6:22 PM Post #3,665 of 5,394
I know the campfire audio products come with a cleaning tool. What do you really use that for?

Apr 22, 2017 at 6:35 PM Post #3,666 of 5,394
I know the campfire audio products come with a cleaning tool. What do you really use that for?

Earwax mainly I think,

Everyone here who owns a CA iem. Do you use the case supplied with it to protect them or do you think a standard Dunu leather pouch is fine? I dont want to carry both DAP case and IEM case. I leave my leather pouch inside the DAP case normally with my FLC8s. But Nova are larger. 

Apr 22, 2017 at 6:37 PM Post #3,667 of 5,394
Earwax mainly I think,

Everyone here who owns a CA iem. Do you use the case supplied with it to protect them or do you think a standard Dunu leather pouch is fine? I dont want to carry both DAP case and IEM case. I leave my leather pouch inside the DAP case normally with my FLC8s. But Nova are larger. 

Thx

The campfire audio case is really nice but small. I actually use a case from a different IEM because it's larger and I can put tips and a few other things in there
I don't use any of the pouches

Apr 22, 2017 at 7:31 PM Post #3,669 of 5,394
Oh sweet lord, Jupiter is incredible!

I've listened to a lot of Dorado the last two days, but now I've got Jupiter in, and I'm blown away. These are so rich, clear, and detailed. Great low-end, amazing treble, and delicious vocals. I may like them even more than Dorado, but we'll see as time goes on.

Apr 22, 2017 at 7:43 PM Post #3,670 of 5,394

I've listened to a lot of Dorado the last two days, but now I've got Jupiter in, and I'm blown away. These are so rich, clear, and detailed. Great low-end, amazing treble, and delicious vocals. I may like them even more than Dorado, but we'll see as time goes on.

I've had a pair for a couple of weeks now and love them. I also, thankfully, have no problem with seal or fit. I am using SpinFits. I find them quite comfortable. Sometimes listening to them I literally say, "wow" out loud because they surprise me. They sound just great to me.

Apr 22, 2017 at 11:27 PM Post #3,671 of 5,394

Is the treble too much on the jupiter?

Apr 22, 2017 at 11:43 PM Post #3,672 of 5,394
Apr 23, 2017 at 1:46 AM Post #3,674 of 5,394
Do you have a more treble oriented preference?

Have you ever described yourself as treble sensitive?

Exactly. That is why your original question was wrong. It required further knowledge before any answer given could illuminate.

For some time now, I've said I prefer a warm signature. While this is still true, I have come to learn that I enjoy good treble, with extension and sparkle. I still like my bass big, blooming, and warm throughout the presentation, but I enjoy a highly capable treble to add light and air to the stage.

I don't know how sensitive I am to harsh treble. I imagine I'm somewhere in the middle. I like my treble bright, but I don't want it to hurt me. And I certainly don't want sibilance. Some folk find the Kaiser Encore to be harsh. I find it's highs a bit aggressive, but clean and honest.

Jupiter's upper range has more air and sparkle than Dorado. Maybe a little more than UM Merlin. It's signature reminds me most of Encore. Maybe a little warmer as a whole.

None of this will tell you for sure whether or not you'll find the highs unpleasant. Yet I found nothing remotely offensive in them.

PS. My impressions are after a good 48 hours of burn-in, running pink noise.

Apr 23, 2017 at 7:48 AM Post #3,675 of 5,394
Exactly. That is why your original question was wrong. It required further knowledge before any answer given could illuminate.

For some time now, I've said I prefer a warm signature. While this is still true, I have come to learn that I enjoy good treble, with extension and sparkle. I still like my bass big, blooming, and warm throughout the presentation, but I enjoy a highly capable treble to add light and air to the stage.

I don't know how sensitive I am to harsh treble. I imagine I'm somewhere in the middle. I like my treble bright, but I don't want it to hurt me. And I certainly don't want sibilance. Some folk find the Kaiser Encore to be harsh. I find it's highs a bit aggressive, but clean and honest.

Jupiter's upper range has more air and sparkle than Dorado. Maybe a little more than UM Merlin. It's signature reminds me most of Encore. Maybe a little warmer as a whole.

None of this will tell you for sure whether or not you'll find the highs unpleasant. Yet I found nothing remotely offensive in them.

PS. My impressions are after a good 48 hours of burn-in, running pink noise.

Thank you for the comments.
Have you heard Vega or LyraII? Wonder how the low end compares on Jupiter?

Does burn-in benefit a all BA IEM? I thought it most helped the dynamic drivers?

TIA

Users who are viewing this thread

Back