Bowers & Wilkins P7 Wireless - Impressions Thread
May 22, 2017 at 9:39 AM Post #1,306 of 1,955
Quick update on the P7W's I just gave them to my mate to try, like me, he loves bass heavy music like hip hop etc. Blown away by these, he's ordering a pair when he's saved up for them.

Just tested the bluetooth range, guys, I just walked about 40 metres away with zero problems, I walked around 50 metres and had 1 split second skip then back to normal, that's ridiculous lol.

Still absolutely loving these

Yes, the P7W is pretty hard not to love. I can see those who really find prominent bass regardless of quality distracting not enjoying the P7W, but for those who love quality bass, you just have to smile.

May 23, 2017 at 7:38 AM Post #1,307 of 1,955
Just thought I would say, I popped into audio T in the uk. I tried out the P9.

Love the enveloping fit, very cool feeling.

The actual sound, I didnt find much difference between the P9 and P7. I didnt have the mojo at hand, but streaming through Tidal the music sounds a bit more spacious but lacked the BASS impact of the P7 I thought. I didnt notice much difference in clarity or vocals to be honest.

Im glad I tried them but for £699 compared to the P7W at £320 I personally wouldn't be able to justify the purchase.

The guy in the store did say that if I was after an upgrade to the P7W then the audioquest nightowl is the way to go?

Anybody here got any impressions on the P7W vs the NightOwl? The guy said the vocals and clarity were better but insisted the P7W were a great pair of HP's especially with mojo. It's superb value at the price... hmmmm as jmills8 has mentioned to me, the fostex TH900. Maybe they are the only logical upgrade for me from the P7 where the sonic difference is worthy of the cash layout

May 23, 2017 at 3:08 PM Post #1,308 of 1,955

The actual sound, I didnt find much difference between the P9 and P7. I didnt have the mojo at hand, but streaming through Tidal the music sounds a bit more spacious but lacked the BASS impact of the P7 I thought. I didnt notice much difference in clarity or vocals to be honest.

Im glad I tried them but for £699 compared to the P7W at £320 I personally wouldn't be able to justify the purchase.

The guy in the store did say that if I was after an upgrade to the P7W then the audioquest nightowl is the way to go?

Anybody here got any impressions on the P7W vs the NightOwl? The guy said the vocals and clarity were better but insisted the P7W were a great pair of HP's especially with mojo. It's superb value at the price... hmmmm as jmills8 has mentioned to me, the fostex TH900. Maybe they are the only logical upgrade for me from the P7 where the sonic difference is worthy of the cash layout

The P7W is lovely even without the Mojo. I bought them alot for the wireless functionality and were amazed of how good they sound. :)

May 23, 2017 at 4:18 PM Post #1,309 of 1,955
The P7W is lovely even without the Mojo. I bought them alot for the wireless functionality and were amazed of how good they sound. :)

Absolutely, I also own the Mojo (sold my P7W) and without a doubt the quality of sound possible with the Bluetooth was very high, quite good to the point where I would say no need for anything external. Still, never did get to try it using the Mojo.

May 24, 2017 at 1:31 AM Post #1,310 of 1,955
Ye, my mate in my works van can't wait to get his own pair in a week or so. The bluetooth sound quality is amazing, absolutely zero distortion at full volume on anything I've tried. I've run wiz khalifa on my level full tilt, zero distortion, just that rumbling feeling that I love.

What I love about these P7W's is the clarity of the song and vocals whilst delivering its bass. Really fun listen.

May 26, 2017 at 7:19 AM Post #1,312 of 1,955

Try out the HD 650.

May 27, 2017 at 2:40 AM Post #1,313 of 1,955
just a question to those who have tried or have both the old P7 and P7W, what is the sound quality difference between the two in particular like bass, mids, treble , soundstaging, details? what advantage in sound quality has each over the other?

May 29, 2017 at 11:37 AM Post #1,314 of 1,955
just a question to those who have tried or have both the old P7 and P7W, what is the sound quality difference between the two in particular like bass, mids, treble , soundstaging, details? what advantage in sound quality has each over the other?

Had a 20m session with the wired version as the wireless wasn't charged at the shop. I then bought the wireless version with a 2 week window if I wanted to return them. The two things that I noticed is that to my ears, the sound felt richer. Also, the volume on the iPhone didn't have be ratcheted up to get a decent volume. So, overall, very happy. No wires is the way to go, especially as the Bluetooth is rock solid

May 29, 2017 at 5:39 PM Post #1,316 of 1,955
Had a 20m session with the wired version as the wireless wasn't charged at the shop. I then bought the wireless version with a 2 week window if I wanted to return them. The two things that I noticed is that to my ears, the sound felt richer. Also, the volume on the iPhone didn't have be ratcheted up to get a decent volume. So, overall, very happy. No wires is the way to go, especially as the Bluetooth is rock solid

thanks. how about the bass comparison?

May 30, 2017 at 6:09 AM Post #1,317 of 1,955
Been loving the kings of leon album, only by the night all morning in work. Wired to s8 through UAPP, so easy to concentrate on each individual instrument. Really sounds impressive withe the instruments coming at you from various angle creating a real 3d kind of sound

Jun 2, 2017 at 2:36 AM Post #1,318 of 1,955
Quick update... I haven't brought my p7w to work today so I am listening to my mates dre studio wireless 2.0.

Volume is considerably lower. Sounds nowhere near as spacious as my p7s. Congested sound is to my ears making the meat of the music sound off/recessed in comparison. Bass is nowhere near p7w. Im missing little details in songs I'm a now used to. In short, the p7w absolutely smokes it.

This is the same mate who was going to buy the p7w in my earlier post. This is wireless as he hasn't brought the cable in. For this price, I'd be spewing. It's like the music has lost a lot of musicality for some reason.

Don't mean to sound like I'm hating but ye... Interesting. I have the earphones with me that came with the s8 and honestly I much prefer them.... Crazy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back