Bowers & Wilkins P7 Wireless - Impressions Thread
May 17, 2017 at 6:11 AM Post #1,292 of 1,955
May 17, 2017 at 7:33 AM Post #1,293 of 1,955
... as for oppo pm3 that one is not even comparable to opp pm1 or pm2 as I auditioned it and its a failure by all means

Really? I rather liked the PM3 and I have owned the LCD 2F, HE 560, ZMF Vibro X and the HE 400i. Still, I haven't heard the other two Oppo's so perhaps in direct comparison I may be less impressed with the PM3, but when used as my portable headphone for about 6 months I did really enjoy the PM3. It wasn't the last word in sonic clarity and it does need a little more sparkle up top for sure, but overall I thought they were cracking good portables.

May 18, 2017 at 9:36 AM Post #1,294 of 1,955
So I am a new member to this forum but a long time silent reader.
I signed up just because I made the FW update to the P7w yesterday and felt the Headphones sounding flat and dead after the update. Then I've found this thread here (around page 73...) discussing the same thing.
So for me the impression wasnt triggered by the forum...
Its definitely something wrong in the sound and I wish theres a way back to the initial FW.
Called B&W germany ("Never heard such a problem"),B&W UK ("there was no change in Sound aspects"), disappointing.
The headphones are definitely not that good as before on an iOS device and I can't imagine that B&W would get the same super reviews with the P7s sounding like my ones currently doing.

Is there somebody that can help, maybe by PM if neccessary?

May 18, 2017 at 10:08 AM Post #1,295 of 1,955
So I am a new member to this forum but a long time silent reader.
I signed up just because I made the FW update to the P7w yesterday and felt the Headphones sounding flat and dead after the update. Then I've found this thread here (around page 73...) discussing the same thing.
So for me the impression wasnt triggered by the forum...
Its definitely something wrong in the sound and I wish theres a way back to the initial FW.
Called B&W germany ("Never heard such a problem"),B&W UK ("there was no change in Sound aspects"), disappointing.
The headphones are definitely not that good as before on an iOS device and I can't imagine that B&W would get the same super reviews with the P7s sounding like my ones currently doing.

Is there somebody that can help, maybe by PM if neccessary?
I would feel sick if my p7s went like that. Isit a big difference? I'll never update mine, what does it say are the benefits to updating them?

May 18, 2017 at 10:58 AM Post #1,297 of 1,955
What do you mean by stability improvements? The BT connection for me has been perfect, not a single fault or slight hiccup so far. Can you take your pair and go and demo a pair in the shop side by side bud?

May 19, 2017 at 3:49 AM Post #1,300 of 1,955
@createch2 Im not sure sorry.

Has anybody heard the studio beats 2.0 wireless??

I just tried my mates in the works van listening to 50 cents greatest hits album aswell as some acoustic music. They don't sound bad but they do sound different to the P7 wireless. They sound rather lean to my ears compared to what im used to and the P7W sound alot more open and airy. Whilst the music sounds quite detailed, it doesn't really have much weight behind the presentation, i think. Makes you realise just how much BASS and beautiful the P7W delivers weight behind its presentation, whilst delivering a high degree of detail retrieval.

Not a side by side as I haven't brought my P7W to work today but I know the P7W sound pretty well now to understand the difference from memory.

They are comfy on the pads, very soft and lighter feeling. Didn't try the bluetooth or NC on them.

I can see why some people would enjoy the studio 2.0 though, decent enough cans, but for the price, you can also get the Vmoda crossfade wireless 2 or the original crossfade wireless which I also prefer to the studio 2.0 for my tastes. Not bashing them though, different sound sigs for different tastes...

May 19, 2017 at 4:42 AM Post #1,301 of 1,955
Just curious, has anybody here used the P7W with mojo and IDSD micro black?

If so, how does the sound compare? I love the sound of P7W with mojo but maybe the micro black sounds even better, better stage etc, obviously 'better' being subjective as it is audio were talking about.

May 19, 2017 at 12:05 PM Post #1,302 of 1,955
So I figured out the backdoor FW updater (old version) requires a device in reset mode / bootloader mode. Unfortunately the bootloader mode is triggered by the original Updater software.
Somebody here who has an idea how to enter this mode on the device directly? I've tried all button combos, including the paperclip reboot button, but it directly jumps into normal operation mode instead of FW update mode.

May 21, 2017 at 10:43 AM Post #1,304 of 1,955
yesterday morning, after countless attempts to get the device resetted or into FW update mode, I was still not able to update them. But the sound is back to the old level, at least they dont feel as bad as before.
I ordered a comparison model, I can compare then tomorrow.

May 22, 2017 at 4:48 AM Post #1,305 of 1,955
Quick update on the P7W's I just gave them to my mate to try, like me, he loves bass heavy music like hip hop etc. Blown away by these, he's ordering a pair when he's saved up for them.

Just tested the bluetooth range, guys, I just walked about 40 metres away with zero problems, I walked around 50 metres and had 1 split second skip then back to normal, that's ridiculous lol.

Still absolutely loving these

Users who are viewing this thread

Back