Beyerdynamic Amiron Home (the new T90)
Jun 22, 2017 at 3:31 PM Post #811 of 2,669
Byron is cool. Byron for BT earphones...not so much. Maybe if the T2 was called Byron I'd understand.

Amiron...what does it even mean? Is it the medicine, metal or the headphones :p

Was reading up on this threads and found the comments about the name funny !

Its OK, I mean I love these headphones below (discontinued) and have no idea what the name means. I'm generally a Beyer fan and rotate between them and DT1350s.

bbab06db7c23c9e3a724bb85f8e945d4.jpg

Jun 24, 2017 at 12:10 PM Post #817 of 2,669
Smoother and notably darker, it has an HD 650-like softness to it's sound.

Kman is right. It doesn't resemble the K7xx, or HE500 in any way. At least in my opinion. The TH600 is semi-open so not a fair comparison. The Amiron is smooth, warm and a touch dark. Bass is tight and controlled. Mids are wonderful, although slightly recessed. But not V-shaped. The treble is smooth, extended and has lots of air. It is tuned for long listening sessions, and its comfort is incredible.

Jun 24, 2017 at 1:01 PM Post #818 of 2,669
I have been really enjoying these. So comfortable and no listener fatigue. The only thing I don't like is the long cable. Not just the length...the whole feel of it annoys me if I am trying to relax on my reclining sofa. I have discovered that the cables from my Meze 99 Neos work with it (the Classics would as well). I am really surprised because the Meze cables are two pole going into the cups and the Amirons are three pole. I guess it is not using the third pole as the Meze cable works perfectly.

If you don't have a Meze cable. There are replacement Meze/Focal Elear cables on ebay like this one that come in 1.2m, 1.5m and 2.5m
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Replaceme...hash=item41be0e1b74:m:mx_Rjs3hcRga0wFjaHpLuhA

I have had good luck with similarly built cables for other headphones. I also found out that my Amiron cable will work with my Denon D600. The Denon one will not physically fit into the jack for the Amiron however because the rubber part is too thick. So I also checked out D600 replacement cables and found this

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Replaceme...var=501838015479&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649
This one comes in five sizes so I ordered one of these as I wanted a 1.8m one. When it arrives from China (hopefully in a couple of weeks I will let you know how it is). I know it will not be as thin and flexible as the official Meze one but I certainly expect it to be less awkward than the Amiron one. Not costing me much to find out.

Jun 24, 2017 at 1:43 PM Post #819 of 2,669
mbwilson, glad you are enjoying your Amirons ! I think I am going to buy a pair of these. I do really enjoy my Nighthawks, but due to the way the cups extend, they are not too easy to lay down with for late night music sessions. Oh well, that is my excuse for buying another pair of headphones. Anyway the way you and kman 1211 describe the amiron I think they fit my listening needs.
:)

Jun 24, 2017 at 1:43 PM Post #820 of 2,669
The treble isn't as warm and smooth as the HD600/HD650, but it does have a touch of that character. I would say its between a K7XX and HD600 in its treble presentation. Keep in mind that I've only heard the Amiron once.

I am really surprised because the Meze cables are two pole going into the cups and the Amirons are three pole. I guess it is not using the third pole as the Meze cable works perfectly.
That's because one of the contacts isn't used. you only need two contacts to drive a driver. I'm not sure why they put it there. Maybe it was cheaper for beyer to buy TRS connectors than TS ones.

Jun 24, 2017 at 5:09 PM Post #821 of 2,669
Jun 25, 2017 at 2:55 AM Post #822 of 2,669
Kman is right. It doesn't resemble the K7xx, or HE500 in any way. At least in my opinion. The TH600 is semi-open so not a fair comparison. The Amiron is smooth, warm and a touch dark. Bass is tight and controlled. Mids are wonderful, although slightly recessed. But not V-shaped. The treble is smooth, extended and has lots of air. It is tuned for long listening sessions, and its comfort is incredible.

I was trying to form a rough sonic signature via description (never works but I like to try). These are on my list of potential additions but no one seems willing to describe the signature in comparison to anything other than an HD6X0 so I'll probably look elsewhere

Jun 25, 2017 at 8:02 AM Post #823 of 2,669
I was trying to form a rough sonic signature via description (never works but I like to try). These are on my list of potential additions but no one seems willing to describe the signature in comparison to anything other than an HD6X0 so I'll probably look elsewhere
Maybe those who have seen your request do not have the headphones that you mentioned. What else is on your list? Perhaps someone has one of those and can comment. Are there any audio shops in your area where you could listen to a demo pair? I could have gone into London to audition a pair but I just took a chance and ordered them instead as I could have easily returned them if I hated them. No regrets. I love them!

Jun 25, 2017 at 10:11 AM Post #824 of 2,669

Sent you a PM.

Jun 25, 2017 at 10:13 AM Post #825 of 2,669
mbwilson, glad you are enjoying your Amirons ! I think I am going to buy a pair of these. I do really enjoy my Nighthawks, but due to the way the cups extend, they are not too easy to lay down with for late night music sessions. Oh well, that is my excuse for buying another pair of headphones. Anyway the way you and kman 1211 describe the amiron I think they fit my listening needs.
:)

I have a pair for sale on head-fi if interested. They really are a fun sounding headphone. Great resolution and they love power.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back