CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Jun 28, 2017 at 8:23 AM Post #2,836 of 31,833
Yeah, I thought about that.
If I overlook MMCX, can I go for KZ KS5. I read few Chinese IEM posts and people here love KZ, as this is a new iteration into KZ line up should I consider this and follow your KZ plug-in suggestion.
Or is there anything better than KZ below 30$ mark.
for mmcx around $30 try the **** dt2/dt2+, which i rate on a par with the zs5 and both of which i prefer to the tennmak pro or piano, which also meet your criteria

Jun 28, 2017 at 11:58 AM Post #2,837 of 31,833
Hi guys. After several weeks of no use, today I retried my old Samsung EHS64AVFWE (which were included with my phone) and the results were shocking: these sound simply amazing, I mean they can go head to head with every my new Chi-Fi earphones. They are so incredible balanced and clear! Bass is not deep but fast and precise, they punch when needed, mids are detailed and highs are crisp enough. They sound good with most genres of music. Truly perfect earphones. They are also very durable, mine are almost 3 years old and still look fresh.

Nymphomaniac don't you think these Samsung deserve a place in the first page of this thread?

You mean these:
https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-EHS64AVFWE-Stereo-Headset-Remote/dp/B00D8YYY0M

Can't say for sure...at 4$ i'm curious how it sound...and what about construction and whats your audio source??

Intriguing...sometime stock iem can be surprising, like the earbud that come with the benjie S5(20$) are quite incredible....hum.

Jun 28, 2017 at 12:02 PM Post #2,838 of 31,833
Jun 28, 2017 at 1:08 PM Post #2,840 of 31,833
You mean these:
https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-EHS64AVFWE-Stereo-Headset-Remote/dp/B00D8YYY0M

Can't say for sure...at 4$ i'm curious how it sound...and what about construction and whats your audio source??

Intriguing...sometime stock iem can be surprising, like the earbud that come with the benjie S5(20$) are quite incredible....hum.

Yes your link is exact, I think they should be the original ones (there are fakes but without the samsung logo).
Construction is glossy plastic but verysolid. Mine are lasting almost three years without a single scratch. They are worth a try. Very natural and balanced sound, they get along with most genre of music. I love their bass, not deep and boomy but fast and precise. Very detailed mids, not sibilant. Overall fun sounding. IMO the closest Chi-Fi earphone with similar sound is the VE Monk Plus.

Last edited:
Jun 28, 2017 at 2:06 PM Post #2,842 of 31,833
This is my first post here. Following recommendations from this forum I ordered KZ ZS5. The sound is amazing (although not for bass lovers) but they have terrible microphonics sound (booming whenever the cable is touched). It looks like they have a really cheap thin cable that's causing it. Do you guys have some solution for these booms?

Jun 28, 2017 at 2:45 PM Post #2,843 of 31,833
This is my first post here. Following recommendations from this forum I ordered KZ ZS5. The sound is amazing (although not for bass lovers) but they have terrible microphonics sound (booming whenever the cable is touched). It looks like they have a really cheap thin cable that's causing it. Do you guys have some solution for these booms?

KZ sells an upgraded silver cable for the ZS5

Jun 28, 2017 at 2:57 PM Post #2,844 of 31,833

Are you wearing them over ear?

Jun 28, 2017 at 4:26 PM Post #2,846 of 31,833
Yes, I am. Usually over ear earphones didn't have this issue in my experience, that's why I'm so surprised. I also own QKZ W1 earphones which are much cheaper but don't have that problem.

Does seem odd, like you said the over ear fitting usually cuts microphonics - maybe it's the memory wire portion that's transmitting the noise?

Jun 28, 2017 at 4:57 PM Post #2,847 of 31,833
As Vidal I'm also expecting it's the memory wire to cause the microphonics. Better to remove the memory wire I think. It seems far more comfortable with it removed and it's easily done. I don't encounter microphonics at all with the wire removed.

Jun 28, 2017 at 8:54 PM Post #2,848 of 31,833
As Vidal I'm also expecting it's the memory wire to cause the microphonics. Better to remove the memory wire I think. It seems far more comfortable with it removed and it's easily done. I don't encounter microphonics at all with the wire removed.

This!

Once the memory wire is removed, the cable contacts with the top of your ear properly rather than just"hovering" slightly above, which is what cuts of the microphonics.

Jun 28, 2017 at 9:21 PM Post #2,849 of 31,833
This!

Once the memory wire is removed, the cable contacts with the top of your ear properly rather than just"hovering" slightly above, which is what cuts of the microphonics.

You lost me chief. Are you saying that the "contacting the top of your ear" is what cuts the microphonics, or the "hovering slightly above"?

Jun 29, 2017 at 10:10 AM Post #2,850 of 31,833
You lost me chief. Are you saying that the "contacting the top of your ear" is what cuts the microphonics, or the "hovering slightly above"?

The hovering causes the microphonics, as it let's the sound travel all the way up the cable. When there's contact with your ears it dampens it before it reaches the earpieces.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back