Aurisonics ROCKETS: Impressions Thread
Dec 2, 2016 at 4:24 PM Post #3,363 of 3,454
I had the same experience with my rockets. The jack screwed up and one channel was mute.

I tell ya, aurisonics seems to have given up with supporting their previous products altogether. I hope everyone thinks long and hard before buying future high dollar products from them. I know my money is worth more to me than that. Between the the rockets clearly being easily destructible(contrary to the sales pitch) and the forte being so incredibly underwhelming and then add in the fact that the team is so incredibly unconcerned with keeping communication going, I'm giving them a big fat "F"!

Dec 2, 2016 at 4:58 PM Post #3,365 of 3,454
Thanks.

Anything so far?
This cannot be that hard for them!

Nope, no news so far.

Sent the mail to two different addresses that I found by googling head fi: andy@aurisonics.com and arowley@fender.com. Don't know whether they're still valid or not.

I had the same experience with my rockets. The jack screwed up and one channel was mute.

I tell ya, aurisonics seems to have given up with supporting their previous products altogether. I hope everyone thinks long and hard before buying future high dollar products from them. I know my money is worth more to me than that. Between the the rockets clearly being easily destructible(contrary to the sales pitch) and the forte being so incredibly underwhelming and then add in the fact that the team is so incredibly unconcerned with keeping communication going, I'm giving them a big fat "F"!

Agreed.

I sent them multiple emails BEFORE Fender bought them out and never received a single response.  Will never touch a Fender product b/c of 1) negative reviews, & 2) they are associated w/ Aurisonics.

Interesting... I'll wait a bit more and see what happens. From what I understood they didn't go bankrupt or anything (they even launched a new IEM line up since the Rockets), so the warranty should be fulfilled anyway as it's a legal obligation (?).

All that super high tech Kevlar reinforcement and ultra tough titanium architecture just to see it fail at the jack, that's kind of comical.

Dec 3, 2016 at 1:57 PM Post #3,367 of 3,454
Nope, no news so far.

Sent the mail to two different addresses that I found by googling head fi: andy@aurisonics.com and arowley@fender.com. Don't know whether they're still valid or not.

Interesting... I'll wait a bit more and see what happens. From what I understood they didn't go bankrupt or anything (they even launched a new IEM line up since the Rockets), so the warranty should be fulfilled anyway as it's a legal obligation (?).

All that super high tech Kevlar reinforcement and ultra tough titanium architecture just to see it fail at the jack, that's kind of comical.

It is a legal obligation. Warranties are express or implied liabilities that are legally actionable and have a real cost associated to them (a cost that was definitely taken into account in Fender's purchase price).

While companies can structure their purchase as an asset only purchase, rather than a purchase of the entire business (assets and liabilities via purchase of units of ownership), thereby avoiding assumption of the seller's liabilities, there are significant statutes in most states that would create something called successor liability if certain criteria were met. These statutes look at the substance of a transaction to assess if the structure of the transaction would create a situation that would avoid necessary remedy "injured" parties, such as creditors with a valid claim against the seller (warranty holders are effectively creditors of a company).

In practice, there's a lot of nuance as its a state-by-state and case-by-case thing. From how this was announced and from how it looks, it seems like a full business purchase anyway.

Note I am definitely not a lawyer and this is not legal advice.

Everyone here with warranty issues on their Aurisonics products who are not getting a response directly from Andy or any other former Aurisonics support contact would probably do best to contact general Fender support and if that doesn't work, be very "loud" about it, on say Fender social media.

Dec 4, 2016 at 9:48 AM Post #3,368 of 3,454
I feel for you guys. Mine are still going strong, but hearing so many complaints makes me worried. Paid 150€ for them recently, don't want it to be wasted money...

Dec 5, 2016 at 8:07 PM Post #3,370 of 3,454
Is there any way that if the one side failure issue caused by jack strain relief or driver itself? I cannot bother sending it back since I am located in far from USA hence would like to fix it for myself if possible. Has anyone fixed one channel cut off issue (mine is right channel) for oneself? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thank you :)

Dec 7, 2016 at 6:34 PM Post #3,372 of 3,454
Nope, no news so far.

Well this is very disappointing.
I was seriously considering picking one up used. Both for its sound and its supposed rigidness (for outdoor activities). 

But seeing how inconsistently Fender seems to uphold its promise of 'lifelong' warranty. I don't think i will be doing so any time soon.

It is indeed quite a pity. Out of all IEMs i have tried recently (to complement my ER4s), the Rockets seemed the best candidate (over many other more expensive models).

We truly can never have nice things.

Dec 8, 2016 at 9:45 PM Post #3,374 of 3,454
So, if companies are legally obligated to honor warranties, what kind of time frame do they have before you can seek action?

Probably around month since the courts would likely assess based on a "reasonable" response period. You'd be going to small claims court if in the US. It's tough =/

Dec 14, 2016 at 7:53 AM Post #3,375 of 3,454
As a new owner of the Rockets, I'm quite alarmed with the qc issues other head-fiers have. I loved the sound signature of the rockets when I auditioned it months ago so I could not pass up the opportunity to buy the Rockets brand new. I got this as a replacement for my defective RE600 and just added around $10. Quite a steal really. The catch was that upon opening the package, the provided eartips were slightly deformed and would not fit me. I'm using the small tips from my Soundmagic E10 and it works nicely. Little to no difference in sound. Hopefully, this unit will last long. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back