Aune M1s Impressions & Discussion Thread (Aune's newest hi-res DAP with ESS9018KM + 2.5mm Balanced Out)
Jun 27, 2017 at 6:39 PM Post #1,472 of 1,991
Just joined the drop from massdrop. Have read nothing but great reviews out of this!

Jun 27, 2017 at 8:47 PM Post #1,474 of 1,991
Jun 28, 2017 at 12:29 AM Post #1,476 of 1,991
If you visit Indonesia, or has a friend there you can try getting one of these limited edition: www.tokopedia.com/pisible/nuansa-a1
I've spoken with the builder and he said that this amp doesn't really add much colour. It stays true to the original sound from the source, and scales the volume and at the same time preserving a lot of details and resolution. If you're interested, I'd recommend asking @nmatheis about it since he has both M1s, and A1.

Revamp Acoustics Nuansa A1 and iBasso PB3 are two amps I'd suggest looking into...

the nuansa A1 looks amazing but the good thing about the fireye HDB is that it is balanced for a relatively low price.

Haven't heard the Fireye, but I'd say TJ's Nuansa A1 is reasonably priced for a small batch completely discrete design. I'm using it with a lot of high impedance earbuds three days. Sounds fantastic!

Apologies if this has been asked a bunch of times, but I have not figured out how to search within threads since the head-fi update.

Anyway.. has anyone compared the M1S to the Lotoo Paw 5000? I think I read a review by Twister comparing the two but any more feedback would be good.

I am after a mid-fi DAP with a good battery life. I like hardware buttons and I do not care for album art. These two seem pretty well matched but rattling buttons does worry me a little.

Cheers.

I think I need to update my PAW 5k, but the last time I listened to it I felt it sounded pretty lazy with a distinct lack of definition and below average special cues. FW updates can certainly improve these characteristics, so things might be better now...

Eep. Got a lemon unit. Had to return mine due to screen issues.

After 10+ mins. of turning the unit on, I get this red vertical line on the left edge and a dark blue line on the right edge. It only goes away if I turn off the unit and let it rest for a while but comes back after around 10 minutes or so. It doesn't really affect any audio performance, but with this problem, it would be possible to get a dead LCD soon.

Do I know you on Facebook, bro?

Jun 28, 2017 at 1:11 AM Post #1,477 of 1,991
Hey also! does anyone know any tempered glass screen protectors that work with Aune M1S.

I'm wiping the screen and there are already scratch marks on the plastic screen protector from my micro fiber cloth :/

Jun 28, 2017 at 1:22 AM Post #1,478 of 1,991
Got a question, massdrop says the expansion slot is a TF card slot, is it different compared to a micro SD? Anyone using the standard Sandisk Micro SD?

Jun 28, 2017 at 1:54 AM Post #1,480 of 1,991
Dunno. The Samsung 128 GB Evo+ microsd card works on Aune M1S.

I plan to buy 256 GB sandisk microsd eventually and see how it goes.

Thanks! The Samsung micro SD does mention TF support on eBay but Sandisk doesn't, so a tad confused with the abbreviations.

Jun 28, 2017 at 5:13 AM Post #1,481 of 1,991
Got a question, massdrop says the expansion slot is a TF card slot, is it different compared to a micro SD? Anyone using the standard Sandisk Micro SD?

Thanks! The Samsung micro SD does mention TF support on eBay but Sandisk doesn't, so a tad confused with the abbreviations.

I am currently using a SanDisk Ultra 128gb class 10 micro sd card and it is working perfectly........ except some of the playback issue that I had mentioned in the pass.

Dunno. The Samsung 128 GB Evo+ microsd card works on Aune M1S.

I plan to buy 256 GB sandisk microsd eventually and see how it goes.

Same here, but 256gb micro sd card is not available and will be very expensive in Malaysia...... sad....

Jun 28, 2017 at 8:12 PM Post #1,482 of 1,991
I am currently using a SanDisk Ultra 128gb class 10 micro sd card and it is working perfectly........ except some of the playback issue that I had mentioned in the pass.

Same here, but 256gb micro sd card is not available and will be very expensive in Malaysia...... sad....

Nice to see a Malaysian. How much is it now in ringgit? Wanna see if it's cheaper than Aus.

Jun 28, 2017 at 11:04 PM Post #1,484 of 1,991
How about tempered glass for smartphones? Just cut it.

Doing a little math a 2.7 inch protector should work. I measured the opening in aluminum housing to be 55mmx40mm. The actual LCD portion is 2.5 in.

Been looking at camera LCD screen protectors. It's been hit and miss, all miss right now for the 2.7 inch protectors. The problem I've been running into is that most manufacturers don't give LxW dimensions. The ones that I've seen are just over and would not work. So I'm thinking a 2.5 inch protector might be the ticket but would leave a 1-2mm border.

Edit: looks like a 2.7 in that has 4:3 aspect ratio might work. I've got some emails out to some vendors and will report back what I find out.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back