Aune M1s Impressions & Discussion Thread (Aune's newest hi-res DAP with ESS9018KM + 2.5mm Balanced Out)
Jun 29, 2017 at 3:53 AM Post #1,486 of 1,991
If I am not mistaken, I bought the 128gb variant for RM 272.

Thanks! Looks like it is pretty ex compared to here.

Jun 29, 2017 at 11:24 AM Post #1,491 of 1,991
Just changed my lexar 32gb into sandisk 128gb and the pop noise after the dsd song is gone. So goood

Can you link us to the sandisk you bought?

I have a 128gb sd card that does have that weird hiccup thing and if it is SD card related and not firmware id be amazed.

Also, are you using fat32 or exfat?

Jun 29, 2017 at 11:28 AM Post #1,492 of 1,991
Interesting how a change of sd does that.
I hope to get 256 GB card from sandisk!

@Ver JJ
Also how much does an equivalent cost in Malaysia? I'm assuming a lot more?

As a Malaysian who's currently based in Australia, the same 128 GB micro SD card he got is roughly 90AUD (~67USD), while you can get it here for about 68AUD (~45USD).

Jun 29, 2017 at 12:00 PM Post #1,493 of 1,991
Just changed my lexar 32gb into sandisk 128gb and the pop noise after the dsd song is gone. So goood

Let me preface this as I just received my m1s yesterday and this is initial impressions that I'm hearing.

FW: 1.06
Sd card: 64gb Samsung pro plus.

Question for all who have heard that popping sound at end of the song. Are you using gapless? Because when turned on I'm hearing the pop but with it turned off I'm not. Whether it's turned on or off I still experience a mangling of the last second off the song.

Aune needs to work on gapless and transitions between songs. Hoping they come up with fw update addressing this.

What I'm getting at is that I'm not 100% sure this is a card issue but an implementation issue with gapless. Great player but one of the worst efforts at gapless.

Last edited:
Jun 29, 2017 at 7:52 PM Post #1,496 of 1,991
aaa.jpg
Can you link us to the sandisk you bought?

I have a 128gb sd card that does have that weird hiccup thing and if it is SD card related and not firmware id be amazed.

Also, are you using fat32 or exfat?

It's in exfat with 128kb allocation size. I bought it from a local reseller in my country. Sadly, I threw the packaging but it looks like this.

Jun 29, 2017 at 7:55 PM Post #1,497 of 1,991
Let me preface this as I just received my m1s yesterday and this is initial impressions that I'm hearing.

FW: 1.06
Sd card: 64gb Samsung pro plus.

Question for all who have heard that popping sound at end of the song. Are you using gapless? Because when turned on I'm hearing the pop but with it turned off I'm not. Whether it's turned on or off I still experience a mangling of the last second off the song.

Aune needs to work on gapless and transitions between songs. Hoping they come up with fw update addressing this.

What I'm getting at is that I'm not 100% sure this is a card issue but an implementation issue with gapless. Great player but one of the worst efforts at gapless.

My gapless is turned on on the settings. When I changed yesterday my sd card, so far no more pop noise on dsd. I don't know if it's because of the sd card or maybe the tracks. Hope no more pop noise in the future. Btw, I only heard the pop noise on dsd tracks only with my lexar 32gb, but flac works fine.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back