Aune M1s Impressions & Discussion Thread (Aune's newest hi-res DAP with ESS9018KM + 2.5mm Balanced Out)
Jun 15, 2017 at 9:28 AM Post #1,414 of 1,991
Jun 16, 2017 at 1:06 AM Post #1,416 of 1,991
Also I have to say Aune went above and beyond for me.
Candy was really helpful in checking the agent and shipping from Hong kong via dhl. Dhl to my place! I also got 3 free cases! Blue red and grey silicone cases.
I screwed up a bit applying screen protectors. There is a little bit of dust with a line of air bubbles on bottom of screen protector.

Here is a picture of da Aune box. 20170615_191151.jpg

Jun 16, 2017 at 9:53 PM Post #1,418 of 1,991
hey has anyone gotten Aune to alphabetize their folders in folder view.
I have artists in random alphabetical order. But it looks fine when I load up SD card.

I'm using Fat32 formatted with Aune's guitformat from their website.

:p there is that pop sound, and some random stuttering (rarely) for only 4 seconds before it disappears.
I noticed that on an electronic song, I thought it sounded like a DJ using turntable to cut audio as an effect lol.

Jun 17, 2017 at 7:56 AM Post #1,419 of 1,991
hey has anyone gotten Aune to alphabetize their folders in folder view.
I have artists in random alphabetical order. But it looks fine when I load up SD card.
Hi, I noticed that the folders would appear in alphabetic view if i divide them in small group( A to F, G to P, etc...) If all in one big folder, files would be in "order of created time"
Hope that helps.

Jun 17, 2017 at 8:23 AM Post #1,420 of 1,991
Hi, I noticed that the folders would appear in alphabetic view if i divide them in small group( A to F, G to P, etc...) If all in one big folder, files would be in "order of created time"
Hope that helps.
Thanks when I get home I will do that.

Currently I have them all dumped into a Music folder. I will try out A-F method

Jun 17, 2017 at 10:57 AM Post #1,422 of 1,991
Has anyone tried comparing a relatively new M1s, and a used (> 50 hours) M1s in terms of sound? I'd like to confirm whether if the differences I'm hearing with mine (> 100 hours) is due to memory fallibility, or burn-in effect.

Jun 17, 2017 at 12:14 PM Post #1,423 of 1,991
How does it sound compared to Fiio X5 2nd gen?
I had an X5 1st gen which was said to sound the same as the v2 and compared them to the M1s before I sold the X5.
The M1s was more transparent, cooler, airer and doesnt do funny things to the stage. Sometimes the X5 could sound like you're listening in a hallway.
If you're running Ety's or cool iems the Fiio would be a better choice for the added warmth, apart from that it's M1s all the way.

Jun 17, 2017 at 1:04 PM Post #1,424 of 1,991
Hope that helps.

Ahh, that's prolly why I've never noticed funny filename sorting...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back