Audio-GD NFB-11.32 & NFB-11 (2014) (Delivery & Impression Thread)!!!
May 10, 2017 at 6:26 PM Post #2,476 of 3,093
My NFB-11 just got here this afternoon. Took a whiles to figure out the Windows 10 installation. Here's how I got the unit installed on Win 10. I just installed their driver suite from audio-gd's website. Then after rebooting and turning on the unit, nothing...

So I had to go into device manager and right click on the audio-gd device and choose to install driver. Installed the driver from their suite, but had to be the Vista64 driver.

I saw an installation help file in their website, but I don't have microsoft word on this pc, so maybe try reading their installation manual first. Might be what I just did. Hope that helps.
Thanks! I'll do this when mine arrives. My LCD-2's just arrived so now they have to sit around and wait for my amp to arrive!

May 10, 2017 at 7:34 PM Post #2,477 of 3,093
Is the amp in Audio-gd NFB 11.32 capable of pushing some passive speakers, such as the Fluance Signatures with SMSL SA60? Really interested in the 11.32 for being my do-everything dac/amp at this point. Any input would help! Thank you in advance.

Last edited:
May 10, 2017 at 8:12 PM Post #2,478 of 3,093
My NFB-11 just got here this afternoon. Took a whiles to figure out the Windows 10 installation. Here's how I got the unit installed on Win 10. I just installed their driver suite from audio-gd's website. Then after rebooting and turning on the unit, nothing...

So I had to go into device manager and right click on the audio-gd device and choose to install driver. Installed the driver from their suite, but had to be the Vista64 driver.

I saw an installation help file in their website, but I don't have microsoft word on this pc, so maybe try reading their installation manual first. Might be what I just did. Hope that helps.

Finaallllly! my unit arrived... Took a little bit of time installing it but it works now. BTW, does anyone know what type of coaxial input is used for this unit? i have coaxial spdif i am using with my fiio x3ii to mojo but it seems it doesnt fit with the nfb 11. can anyone point me the right cable? thanks!

By the way, did you guys see what your estimated delivery date was on the site? I'm wondering if I might get mine earlier because I'm impatient. They are saying Monday for me even though they shipped on the 6th.

Thanks!

May 11, 2017 at 1:18 PM Post #2,479 of 3,093
Is the amp in Audio-gd NFB 11.32 capable of pushing some passive speakers, such as the Fluance Signatures with SMSL SA60? Really interested in the 11.32 for being my do-everything dac/amp at this point. Any input would help! Thank you in advance.

Yes, I am driving my stax energizer and SMSL SA60 with Klipsch speakers using the line out. The only thing is you have to choose the output, so it's either headphones, variable rca out, or full rca out.

By the way, did you guys see what your estimated delivery date was on the site? I'm wondering if I might get mine earlier because I'm impatient. They are saying Monday for me even though they shipped on the 6th.

Thanks!

I did not check their website. I just received e-mails. They notified that it was sent to DHL Hong Kong then I got shipping/tracking number a few days after that. Hope that helps a little.

May 11, 2017 at 6:59 PM Post #2,480 of 3,093
Yes, I am driving my stax energizer and SMSL SA60 with Klipsch speakers using the line out. The only thing is you have to choose the output, so it's either headphones, variable rca out, or full rca out.

I did not check their website. I just received e-mails. They notified that it was sent to DHL Hong Kong then I got shipping/tracking number a few days after that. Hope that helps a little.
Thanks. It's funny because they shipped it from China to a city right next to me in 3 days but are saying it will take another 3 days to ship it to me. (I know they are closed Sunday). Optimistic it will come in tomorrow though, my LCD-2's are lonely.

May 11, 2017 at 8:48 PM Post #2,481 of 3,093
Great, I would never need to have my speakers playing when I'm using headphones (or iem's in my case) so that's not a big issue for me. Thanks for your reply.

May 12, 2017 at 6:45 PM Post #2,482 of 3,093
Just got it! It's working great, just one thing. I can't get it to work with Foobar. Can anyone help me with this? I used the suggested way of installing the drivers above by installing the Vista drivers in device manager, and it works for everything except Foobar. I saw in the manual to go into the VIA ASIO thing but I cannot find it. Thanks for any help!

May 12, 2017 at 6:57 PM Post #2,483 of 3,093
− Quote

The VIA ASIO popped up on my desktop, after installing the driver suite. Maybe try reinstalling the driver suite the do the vista driver thing?

I am having no problems with Foobar through wasapi event. Haven't tried it as DS primary though, when I get home, I will try to see if it works in that mode.

May 12, 2017 at 7:55 PM Post #2,484 of 3,093
− Quote

The VIA ASIO popped up on my desktop, after installing the driver suite. Maybe try reinstalling the driver suite the do the vista driver thing?

I am having no problems with Foobar through wasapi event. Haven't tried it as DS primary though, when I get home, I will try to see if it works in that mode.
How are you installing the driver suite? Clicking the SETUP?

I'm having an error where it says there was an error installing the component when it is installing it. I might have to contact Kagwa.

May 12, 2017 at 8:32 PM Post #2,485 of 3,093
How are you installing the driver suite? Clicking the SETUP?

I'm having an error where it says there was an error installing the component when it is installing it. I might have to contact Kagwa.

Here's what I suggest you try first. Uninstall the driver, restart computer. Then run the setup from the suite first. After the setup finishes, it asks if you want to restart. Hit no. Then install using the vista driver, then restart. See if that works for you, because I had to uninstall my first attempt.

May 12, 2017 at 10:01 PM Post #2,486 of 3,093
Here's what I suggest you try first. Uninstall the driver, restart computer. Then run the setup from the suite first. After the setup finishes, it asks if you want to restart. Hit no. Then install using the vista driver, then restart. See if that works for you, because I had to uninstall my first attempt.
Didn't work at first. Tried installing it with the NFB-11 off and it installed, then I installed the vista driver. Everything works great now! Thanks!

May 15, 2017 at 12:50 PM Post #2,488 of 3,093
I have the two, one at work, one at home. I did have a brief A/B the first day I got the two together. I don't have golden ears and it took a while to discern the differences to me. To my ears, comparing the DACs, the NFB-11 sounds slightly smoother than the BL, but I felt there was a very slight loss in texture and detail. The BL is slightly brighter, but not by much.

As all-in-one units, I do like bass boost on the BL for electronic music. I don't use the cross feed much, as I don't have any headphones with narrow sound stage. Both drove my HD800s fine when I was A/B'ing them.

May 15, 2017 at 10:42 PM Post #2,489 of 3,093
I have the two, one at work, one at home. I did have a brief A/B the first day I got the two together. I don't have golden ears and it took a while to discern the differences to me. To my ears, comparing the DACs, the NFB-11 sounds slightly smoother than the BL, but I felt there was a very slight loss in texture and detail. The BL is slightly brighter, but not by much.

As all-in-one units, I do like bass boost on the BL for electronic music. I don't use the cross feed much, as I don't have any headphones with narrow sound stage. Both drove my HD800s fine when I was A/B'ing them.

thank you for the info will be using them with my HD6XX if it was easier to get ahold of the nfb-11 i would probably do that but after looking into it its kind of involved

May 16, 2017 at 8:20 AM Post #2,490 of 3,093
Anyone compared the nfb-11 with nfb-28? Any significant difference?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back