Audeze SINE Series
Jun 19, 2017 at 11:08 PM Post #3,541 of 4,785
Not making this easy lol! At the end of the day I feel like most audiophiles would say you can't go wrong with the HD6x0 line but Sine is still tempting for the value.

At the current sale, it is very tempting. If you want some isolation and portability, go with Sine. If you want something that scales, is open and can be used as reference for future purchases... go HD6x0 (my preference being HD600). This is the reason I got them. Now my future purchases will have to be less expensive, or sound better than the HD600 or they don't make financial sense to me. Unfortunately, that would mean going back up to the LCD-2 I sold due to weight.

Jun 20, 2017 at 4:44 PM Post #3,543 of 4,785
Just ordered a Sine with cipher. They'll be going up against the Meze 99 Classics to see which becomes my portable headphone of choice. The Meze has served me well so far, but we'll see if Audeze can convince me to sell them. :wink:

I'm excited to try them out!

Jun 20, 2017 at 6:33 PM Post #3,544 of 4,785
Just ordered a Sine with cipher. They'll be going up against the Meze 99 Classics to see which becomes my portable headphone of choice. The Meze has served me well so far, but we'll see if Audeze can convince me to sell them. :wink:

I'm excited to try them out!
Couldn't resist the $250 price tag and ordered these also. Already started researching alternate pad options. Looks like Brainwavz angled pleather is the way to go.

Jun 20, 2017 at 7:30 PM Post #3,545 of 4,785
Couldn't resist the $250 price tag and ordered these also. Already started researching alternate pad options. Looks like Brainwavz angled pleather is the way to go.

I dunno about that. The MSR7 pads gives nearly the same sound as stock, just increases comfort (need the 3D adapters). The Brainwavz angled pads changes the sound signature (if you're talking the HM5). I have them in my drawer. I put them on for 10 minutes, took them off immediately.

Jun 20, 2017 at 9:53 PM Post #3,546 of 4,785
I dunno about that. The MSR7 pads gives nearly the same sound as stock, just increases comfort (need the 3D adapters). The Brainwavz angled pads changes the sound signature (if you're talking the HM5). I have them in my drawer. I put them on for 10 minutes, took them off immediately.

Yeah, I did some more research lol. Nothing is ever easy. I might just wait and see if I can tolerate the stock pads. I've read a few comments that state they aren't bad comfort wise (not many though).

Jun 20, 2017 at 10:54 PM Post #3,547 of 4,785
I finally pulled the trigger on a pair of SINEs - just in time for my big overseas trip :beyersmile:

I've been furiously researching aftermarket pad options because I can't wear the headphones with stock pads for much longer than ~10 minutes or so.
I stumbled across Vesper Audio, who tailors pads specifically for the SINE, which should hopefully give a much better fit than the options that I have already test fitted (Momentum Over-ear and Audio Technica ATH-MSR7), both of which have an average fit.

https://vesperaudio.com/earpads?brand=83

My research has led me to the conclusion that if I am converting to over-ear, I should get pads that are ~2cm thick to maintain a similar distance to my ear, while drastically improving comfort.

The question that I am asking myself at the moment, is should I get regular foam or memory foam? Leather + alcantara, or full leather? Too many options!

I'll definitely be replacing the cable also, I'm not a fan of the stock cable at all - if anybody has any recommendations, let me know!

// Alex

Jun 20, 2017 at 11:36 PM Post #3,548 of 4,785

Does someone sell the 3D adapters? I don't have a 3D printer.

I finally pulled the trigger on a pair of SINEs - just in time for my big overseas trip :beyersmile:

I've been furiously researching aftermarket pad options because I can't wear the headphones with stock pads for much longer than ~10 minutes or so.
I stumbled across Vesper Audio, who tailors pads specifically for the SINE, which should hopefully give a much better fit than the options that I have already test fitted (Momentum Over-ear and Audio Technica ATH-MSR7), both of which have an average fit.

My research has led me to the conclusion that if I am converting to over-ear, I should get pads that are ~2cm thick to maintain a similar distance to my ear, while drastically improving comfort.

The question that I am asking myself at the moment, is should I get regular foam or memory foam? Leather + alcantara, or full leather? Too many options!

I'll definitely be replacing the cable also, I'm not a fan of the stock cable at all - if anybody has any recommendations, let me know!

// Alex

Interesting! I've never heard of Vesper's Sine pads. Have you seen any reviews of them? I'm curious if they change the sound at all, and how the comfort is.

I'm hoping I can deal with the stock pads without trouble. I remember not having much trouble with the Amperiors, though I don't remember if I ever wore them for hours at a time.

Last edited:
Jun 20, 2017 at 11:39 PM Post #3,549 of 4,785
Interesting! I've never heard of Vesper's Sine pads. Have you seen any reviews of them? I'm curious if they change the sound at all, and how the comfort is.

I'm hoping I can deal with the stock pads without trouble. I remember not having much trouble with the Amperiors, though I don't remember if I ever wore them for hours at a time.

There are a couple of guys in this thread who have bought the Vesper pads, one guys even bought replacement on-ear pads, which baffles me. They appear to be well made, from the photos that I have seen.

// Alex

Jun 21, 2017 at 2:25 PM Post #3,553 of 4,785

// Alex

I just pulled the trigger on these at the sale price. I'm going to give the stock pads a go but I'm looking at some over-the-ear options for earpads. I've read through this thread and found that the Vesper Audio pads are a good option. But after visiting their site there seems to be more than one option and I would like to know the difference in sound, if any, between the genuine leather plus alcantara angled perforated custom earpads and the regular genuine leather custom earpads. Their website doesn't offer a lot of details about these products. So any commentary about them will be very helpful.

Jun 21, 2017 at 4:59 PM Post #3,554 of 4,785
I have both small and large adapters.

Yes picture pls.

How about sound and comfort?

Default factory pads, max 1 or 2 hours. No thanks.

IMG_20170622_084240.png

IMG_20170622_084323.png

19401535_10214075953872015_1356557260_o.png

There doesn't appear to be any negative impact to the sound, using the Momentum pads. Honestly, it is a bit difficult to A/B as it takes time to switch the pads over, and the difference is very subtle.
The bass 'maybe' lightens up a bit with the Momentum pads, but I can't say that for certain - honestly, the improvement in comfort that comes with switching to a set of over-ear pads is certainly worth it.

The sound with the on-ear pads changes as you move them around, which is something that you will be doing often, given how uncomfortable they are. The Momentum pads however, are comfortable the moment you put them on.

I just pulled the trigger on these at the sale price. I'm going to give the stock pads a go but I'm looking at some over-the-ear options for earpads. I've read through this thread and found that the Vesper Audio pads are a good option. But after visiting their site there seems to be more than one option and I would like to know the difference in sound, if any, between the genuine leather plus alcantara angled perforated custom earpads and the regular genuine leather custom earpads. Their website doesn't offer a lot of details about these products. So any commentary about them will be very helpful.

From what I've read, the 2cm pads give the best sound, which coincidentally, is the same thickness as the Momentum pads. I'm leaning towards genuine leather + alcantara, but I'm still unsure what foam to go with.

// Alex

Jun 21, 2017 at 9:17 PM Post #3,555 of 4,785
IMG_20170622_084240.png

IMG_20170622_084323.png

19401535_10214075953872015_1356557260_o.png

There doesn't appear to be any negative impact to the sound, using the Momentum pads. Honestly, it is a bit difficult to A/B as it takes time to switch the pads over, and the difference is very subtle.
The bass 'maybe' lightens up a bit with the Momentum pads, but I can't say that for certain - honestly, the improvement in comfort that comes with switching to a set of over-ear pads is certainly worth it.

The sound with the on-ear pads changes as you move them around, which is something that you will be doing often, given how uncomfortable they are. The Momentum pads however, are comfortable the moment you put them on.

From what I've read, the 2cm pads give the best sound, which coincidentally, is the same thickness as the Momentum pads. I'm leaning towards genuine leather + alcantara, but I'm still unsure what foam to go with.

// Alex
Thank you, Alex. Would buy momntum clone pads then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back