Audeze LCD i4 TOTL In-Ear Monitor Discussion
May 30, 2017 at 1:01 AM Post #91 of 4,796
Reddog Looking forward to a detailed comparison between the isines and other TOTL IEM's if possible.
I only own the one IEM so far and that is the iSine 20. But I will see if a friend can loan me his IEM's.

May 30, 2017 at 12:08 PM Post #92 of 4,796
So, how big was that fish, @joe ? :wink:

9949784_thumb.jpg

I did laugh once I saw that this image got used, as I was just goofing around. While this wasn't my first time in an anechoic chamber, it's always a cool experience, and even moreso to do the testing we were able to. I wouldn't mind setting up my desk in a chamber like that.... :wink:

May 30, 2017 at 1:53 PM Post #94 of 4,796
I finally pulled the trigger and ordered a pair I'd the LCD i4. This will be my last purchase this year. And if these puppies do not impress me, I have 30 days to return them. But odds are I will fall in love with them. Now to wait for mid June delivery date.
congrats :) And you have the Aeon too.
Me, I'm patiently trying to sell back the Aeon to get the LCD-i4.

May 30, 2017 at 5:34 PM Post #96 of 4,796
congrats :) And you have the Aeon too.
Me, I'm patiently trying to sell back the Aeon to get the LCD-i4.
Yea, but I might sell a amp to help pay for the LCD i4. I will do a comparison of the iSine 20 and the i4. I have 30 days to decide if the i4 is worth the money

May 30, 2017 at 5:43 PM Post #97 of 4,796
Obravos?

They are decent...just decent IMHO, but sound is subjective though !

Well everything is subjective. I compare to (1) the best 2 channel systems and what one can hear there, and (2) live music, especially classical and big band jazz. It is quite a difference. Then again people like 12 armatures firing down and then traveling around poorly made casings and through tiny (and poor sounding) crossovers, so its true that opinions are subjective. But good sound isn't. Single driver well designed and often open iems will most likely be best. With the exception of Final. I dont get their stuff. Way too dark.

May 30, 2017 at 6:53 PM Post #100 of 4,796
What do thinks about the Aeons? How much?
Oh I'm sorry I thought you were asking reddog.
I've no clue how they sound actually. I haven't opened its box. The pre-order was non cancellable and I had backed it since January or so. The firm news about the LCD-i4 only came way after. So here I am, stuck with an Aeon and a toxic €185 import tax which I so far can't recoup ^^

My local Audeze retailer has only 1 pre-order inbound and I'm just crossing my fingers I'll get to scrounge the money in the time. Cuz boy I boy after hearing the iSine 10 &20, I don't feel like listening the a boxed in presentation of my Zeus R; even if it's my top iem so far.

May 30, 2017 at 8:08 PM Post #101 of 4,796
I also decided over the weekend to preorder the lcd i4's based on how much I like the iSine 20's and very positive impressions from Jude and the others who have had a chance to hear them. I just got an email from Audeze today that they should ship sometime late next week or early the following. I can't wait to hear them! These are definitely my last headphone purchase this year (and likely for the foreseeable future), so I'm hoping they will live up to expectations. Will be able to compare them to the iSine 20's.

May 30, 2017 at 11:32 PM Post #104 of 4,796
What do thinks about the Aeons? How much?
The Aeon is one sweet closed back headphone. It isolates quite well. The bass is good the mids smooth and the treble is good. These cans are pretty natural and resolve sounding. The sound stage is ok for a closed back headphone. Also the Aeon is very comfortable to wear.

May 31, 2017 at 1:32 AM Post #105 of 4,796
I did laugh once I saw that this image got used, as I was just goofing around. While this wasn't my first time in an anechoic chamber, it's always a cool experience, and even moreso to do the testing we were able to. I wouldn't mind setting up my desk in a chamber like that.... :wink:
Okay, Jude, get on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back