Announcement: The Edition 6 is Dead
Apr 12, 2017 at 1:10 AM Post #271 of 314

Did this happen after the show or right before closing? I listened to it on Sunday about an hour before closing and it was working fine, and sounded the same as it did the day before.

Another reminder to take peoples' posts with a grain of salt.
Lest they turn this into another HFM hate thread--which we all get by now.

The Susvara was perfectly functioning throughout the show.

I don't know where he got his information from, but I was there for the entirety of both days.

Their music selection was so poor that I was unable to draw wide conclusions. As I say, heard no authentic orchestral music of the classical genre. If they had let me cart it over to the Ragnarok or upstairs to the WA33 I could say something interesting about it. But the EF-6 is such a mediocre amp (and their selection so limited—I think they had 4-5 "classical" tracks, of which only two were genuinely classical and those were both solo instruments.

As I say, their incompetence and user hostility is stunning.

Well you never asked to borrow the Susvara?

It's not incompetence, it's simply a difference in practice between cultures.
You're free to buy their products or not.

And I sure hope you're not referring to user hostility at the show, because there was none.

Apr 12, 2017 at 7:07 AM Post #272 of 314
The Susvara was perfectly functioning throughout the show.

I don't know where he got his information from, but I was there for the entirety of both days.

Wait, you're saying the Susvara blowing up was a lie!?

Apr 12, 2017 at 4:37 PM Post #273 of 314
Wait, you're saying the Susvara blowing up was a lie!?

At least in LA, it was perfectly functioning throughout the show.
So yes, just people spreading misinformation.

The EF1000 blew a fuse and the Shangri's amp was damaged during shipping, but that was that.

Apr 12, 2017 at 4:43 PM Post #274 of 314
At least in LA, it was perfectly functioning throughout the show.
So yes, just people spreading misinformation.

The EF1000 blew a fuse and the Shangri's amp was damaged during shipping, but that was that.

If someone purposely lied about the SV being blown up in LA, they should be banned and possibly sued. They'd be an absolute joke to this community.

Apr 12, 2017 at 4:43 PM Post #275 of 314
Just to be clear, that Susvara that blown a driver during CanJam Singapore was due to a careless user error, not unreliable QC or inferior production. I heard someone have accidentally forgotten to turn down the volume of the amp before plugging the Susvara in.

Not hating HFM at all because i think they do bring a lot to the table but quality and pricing decisions could certainly be improved. The HEKv2 have turned out to be a delightful headphone after all the "shortcoming" of the v1 and their RE-2000 is a solid offering. I don't have a fit or comfort issue during my 30mins or so ear time with them, so perhaps it is just a different head different fitting issue as with most universals? 

Apr 12, 2017 at 4:46 PM Post #276 of 314
  RIP

Susvara / EF1000 died at CanJam SoCal 2017

what a terrible loss for all those that came to hear it in action,

hope it will soon be able to "blow us away", as it did itself

So just the amp blew a fuse?

Apr 12, 2017 at 4:51 PM Post #278 of 314
  If someone purposely lied about the SV being blown up in LA, they should be banned and possibly sued. They'd be an absolute joke to this community.

I was under the impression that someone had mentioned the SV being broken in the SoCal show.
I can't speak about Singapore.

Whoever referred to the SV failing in LA, was clearly not at the show.
Others can vouch that it was functioning throughout Sat. and Sun.
Let alone I was exhibiting both days.

It seems HIFIMAN shaming is quite common in a lot of these threads.
Enough to the point that people will hate on a headphone that they've never even seen/listened to.
Pity, because everyone that listened to the SV generally had positive impressions. Minus Moncrief and one other guy who liked the HE-1000 v2 more.

And don't get me wrong, there's definitely logistical problems in the company. No one's denying that.
In fact, if you knew me, I've been extremely critical from day one of their newer products.

But there's no need to spread hate and false information.

Apr 12, 2017 at 4:54 PM Post #279 of 314
I believe the post I recently quoted was the source of that confusion. Dare I say referring to "Susvara / EF1000" as one entity was done deliberately to make it seem like HiFiMAN is having significant QC issues with the Susvara, as opposed to an amp being damaged in transit.

Apr 12, 2017 at 5:01 PM Post #280 of 314
  I believe the post I recently quoted was the source of that confusion. Dare I say referring to "Susvara / EF1000" as one entity was done deliberately to make it seem like HiFiMAN is having significant QC issues with the Susvara, as opposed to an amp being damaged in transit.

I don't believe you're wrong at all.
That was shortly followed by people following up on the subject as if the Susvara had failed at both shows.

Which is quite strange, because the SV is actually built very solid. 
The HE400i and the Edition X had cable issues and intermittent sound from a few demo units, but the SV always worked 100%.

Apr 12, 2017 at 5:10 PM Post #282 of 314
  The SL damage doesn't bode well for the integrity of that amp, however.

I believe they ship it in a Pelican case all the way from Asia...so could (possibly) be down to the airline handling issue

Apr 12, 2017 at 5:10 PM Post #283 of 314
Yes this kind of misinformation is in very poor taste indeed. 

Apr 12, 2017 at 5:20 PM Post #284 of 314
  Yes this kind of misinformation is in very poor taste indeed. 

You are correct...just try to post a (less than 5-star raving) review of certain iem brand and see how quickly your post get taken down. Post a bad impression or anything negative on certain threads and the pain of 20 daggers stabbing your back within minutes from the fanboys who will defend the brand to death and accused your ears, taste, associated equipment, source etc other than a product itself. There became a siege mentality whereby no one will be bothered to post anything but some happy clappy news on the entire thread. Many (who does not have an opportunity to audition one) will likely be mislead by the general tone of the thread and lay down some $2K on their total iem then get a What moment when they finally hear it themselves.

HiFiMan seems to be getting all the opposite treatment from many and we generally hear only negative impression when in fact (many of) their products are pretty solid in the first place. Still unhappy with my HEKv1 but thankfully their HEKv2 fixed most of my pet peeves

Apr 12, 2017 at 5:21 PM Post #285 of 314
  The SL damage doesn't bode well for the integrity of that amp, however.

Yes, but to have threads and threads complaining about QC issues, followed by deliberate misdirection (IMO), is ridiculous. People will misrepresent any piece of info if it provides them a reason to **** all over HiFiMAN and provide a juicy scoop.

You are correct...just try to post a (less than 5-star raving) review of certain iem brand and see how quickly your post get taken down. Post a bad impression or anything negative on certain threads and the pain of 20 daggers stabbing your back within minutes from the fanboys who will defend the brand to death and accused your ears, taste, associated equipment, source etc other than a product itself. There became a siege mentality whereby no one will be bothered to post anything but some happy clappy news on the entire thread. Many (who does not have an opportunity to audition one) will likely be mislead by the general tone of the thread and lay down some $2K on their total iem then get a What moment when they finally hear it themselves.

HiFiMan seems to be getting all the opposite treatment from many and we generally hear only negative impression when in fact (many of) their products are pretty solid in the first place. Still unhappy with my HEKv1 but thankfully their HEKv2 fixed most of my pet peeves

Yep, there tends to be 99% immaculate praise/flaming, and 1% of people who contradict any and all claims (i.e. if a headphone is dark and bassy someone will complain about how thin it is). Whether it's praise or flaming is dependent on fashion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back