Absolute best budget earbuds?
May 23, 2017 at 6:23 PM Post #1,307 of 2,999
I got delivery of Vido earbuds but he sent the wrong one (without Mic) so have to wait before I can use :frowning2:

Haven't you listened to them?

May 23, 2017 at 6:49 PM Post #1,308 of 2,999
I got my Vido today. I am on board with the J cable. I have a bit different shape right ear that with the MX housings is better with slack that doesn't pull on the right side bud. Vido is a good J with the right lengths esp. the left side is not too short. J done right and the cable is not rubbery and is a bit more slick than grippy. Well done as I have had a few that aren't as good.

Nothing new to add to the sound impressions. Just confirm they have a bit more bass than Monk but it does kick quite nicely with some feel down low. Monk bass is soft and not as tight and punchy. Mids are up with the bass and sweeter and more quality than Hi-Z 32 or monk or Qian 39. Treble is less in amount and good to crank the volume and better with brighter stuff.

In my opinion probably the best of the cheap ones. Best signature and a bit more bass quality and mids quality than the usual suspects.
:thumbsup:

May 23, 2017 at 7:00 PM Post #1,309 of 2,999
Is 400+ posts considered new here? Where are Tayyab, Vapman and many others - do you know why they are not here?

Personally the new design has pretty much turned me off from Head fi. I come back now and then but it's just so much more difficult to keep track of the threads that you are following. You used to be able to see how many new posts there were in a thread you were following. Now it's near impossible to even locate the threads you are following. I have not been a regular contributor to this thread but I used to follow it. I just now came across this thread by chance.

May 23, 2017 at 8:15 PM Post #1,310 of 2,999
Personally the new design has pretty much turned me off from Head fi. I come back now and then but it's just so much more difficult to keep track of the threads that you are following. You used to be able to see how many new posts there were in a thread you were following. Now it's near impossible to even locate the threads you are following. I have not been a regular contributor to this thread but I used to follow it. I just now came across this thread by chance.

To see all of your followed threads, set this as a bookmark - https://www.head-fi.org/f/watched/threads/all

May 23, 2017 at 9:18 PM Post #1,311 of 2,999
When watching movies on my Roku or Xbox One, I like to plug earbuds into the controller for private listening. Currently, I'm using Monk+ but I'm curious if there's something better for watching movies with. I'm looking for budget because the controllers probably cannot drive the more expensive phones. Suggestions?

Last edited:
May 23, 2017 at 9:50 PM Post #1,312 of 2,999
I just received the Faael or Fareal 32 ohm buds in the mail. Wow...after using the Vido's and TY Hi-Z these buds sound anemic in the bass department. They definitely sound neutral to my ears.

May 24, 2017 at 12:08 AM Post #1,313 of 2,999

Recabled the Vido white and the Vido blue. The Vido white i used the old benjie cables and i switched the copper cable from the white to blue. And also changed the jack to a rhodium one.

Now the blue has so much bass :s and the white one sound more tamed which mighr be good. Shall give them another round of listening tmr!

Since you had done some custom modding to your earbuds , did you solder the cable directly to the driver itself or maybe other method? Also how do you crack open the cap to reveal the driver..... I can seems to be able to do so....

May 24, 2017 at 7:24 AM Post #1,316 of 2,999
Since you had done some custom modding to your earbuds , did you solder the cable directly to the driver itself or maybe other method? Also how do you crack open the cap to reveal the driver..... I can seems to be able to do so....
Yeap straight on the driver. Once u open the shell u should be able to see how they are soldered on.

There isnt much videos on cracking open an earbud but uncle golov posted one previously. And also very much depends if ur shell is glued to the housing.

May 24, 2017 at 9:20 AM Post #1,318 of 2,999
I hope you get your Vido mic version soon! Hopefully the seller will let you keep what was sent!

Seller replied that he can give me $2 credit to buy Anything. But why would I buy anything as I wanted Vido with Mic only (or any earbud with mic). I replied him that I want Vido Mic version and can send him this one without any problem.

May 24, 2017 at 10:06 AM Post #1,320 of 2,999
I got 2 more Vido's today, so now I have
- 1 without mic, played maybe 5 hours
- 1 without mic, new
- 1 with mic, new

All are blue.

On first listen the new Vido without mic sounds as the one I already had, but the one with mic definetly sounds different.

I am a bit sensitive to the upper mids (probably somewhere in the interval 2000-5000Hz), so I have a couple of tracks for testing this on new buds. The 2 without mic fail these tests (they scream and it gets uncomfortable for me), but the one with mic clearly does'nt. And I can't provoke this screaming by turning the volume up, instead everything just gets too loud.

Anyone else recognize this with the Vido's?

I'm thinking that either the mic/volume control is just bad quality and alters the response, or there is just in general a large variation in how these guys sound because of low quality control.

Anyway, for me the mic one has the best long-life potential I think:) Gotta listen some more to determine if there are downsides. But it seems to sound great, just less upper mids.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back