2015 - Sony PHA - 1A Portable Hi-Res DAC/Headphone Amplifier
Jan 11, 2017 at 11:12 PM Post #391 of 430
Has anyone measured the output impedance on this amplifier? The product description on Sony's website doesn't tell me anything.

Jan 12, 2017 at 3:56 AM Post #392 of 430
Most people guess it is approx. 10ohm as it uses the same TPA6120A2 chip as its older brother PHA-1. But I am okay with it using ATH-M50x. Sound quite bright.

Jan 26, 2017 at 11:28 AM Post #395 of 430
New phone (Sony Xperia XZ) with USB-C connection. Tried a USB-micro to USB-C adapter but didn't work. Xperia XZ didn't find PHA-1A. Any idea what's the problem? 

Jan 26, 2017 at 11:45 AM Post #396 of 430
  New phone (Sony Xperia XZ) with USB-C connection. Tried a USB-micro to USB-C adapter but didn't work. Xperia XZ didn't find PHA-1A. Any idea what's the problem? 

Ahhh yes, the lovable Android ecosystem.  I've found that about half of the devices I've tried do not work w/ external amps over usb, like the PHA-1A, HA2, C5D...and half do work.  I had issues w/ phones like the Galaxy S7, but the Pixel and the OnePlus 3T work perfectly.  Go figure.  It's how each manufacturer decides to send audio over USB.

Feb 17, 2017 at 7:09 PM Post #398 of 430
Help please.
Need OTG cable (preferably no adapter, like the one that came with Oppo Ha-2) that will plug straight into an android phone and Sony PHA-1A or PHA-2A. I want to buy one and have looked into the documentation online, I don't think there's an otg cable included in the package. Included is Micro-B cable for pc/mac connection and cables for Xperia and Walkman.
Please note, my phone is NOT a type C, so I don't need recommendations along that line.
Hope someone can help.
Thanks.

Feb 17, 2017 at 7:25 PM Post #399 of 430
Micro usb is the same port for android, xperia and walkman device. I've used the xperia walkman cable on my samsung J7 no issue at all. In contrast, usb port for apple products is not that great. My ipod touch will not recognise my PHA 1A whenever i pause my songs on the lockscreen and need to plug in the cable again or turn on the amp again. Anyone have this issue?

Jun 17, 2017 at 9:24 AM Post #400 of 430
How is this AMP/DAC compared to creative Sound Blaster E5 considering the sonic quality, Of course the Sound Blaster E5 exceeds Sony in functionality and settings but i'm concerned with the sound quality

Users who are viewing this thread

Back