1MORE Announces New Quad Driver IEM @ CES 2017
Jun 7, 2017 at 10:40 AM Post #361 of 567
I remember the sizes from the 1More Triple, so I shot straight for the largest silicon tip and it gives me just the right fit. Will play with the forms and smaller options in due course, but these are plenty bassy enough so unless the driver tightens up and loses some bass in due course (the famed "burn in", either in my head or the driver diaphragm), I'm pretty happy with the sling through the big silicons at the moment. I have huge ear canals, so most small tips ding give me a good seal.

Whether it's psychological or physical burn in, all I know is the bass feels less overpowering now than it used to, although now my old P1s sound really sterile and flat.

Jun 7, 2017 at 12:02 PM Post #362 of 567
I got these a couple of weeks ago. I'm kind of shocked at the amount of resolve and detail at this price range. I don't regret it and will be keeping these. Awesome job 1More.

Jun 7, 2017 at 12:31 PM Post #363 of 567
Whether it's psychological or physical burn in, all I know is the bass feels less overpowering now than it used to, although now my old P1s sound really sterile and flat.
I feel like this sort of thing happens a lot when you go from a more bassy sound in general, back to a neutral sound sig... It happened to me when I was listening to the Z1R a lot and changed headphones. Amazing how the brain gets used to something!

Jun 7, 2017 at 6:26 PM Post #364 of 567
I feel like this sort of thing happens a lot when you go from a more bassy sound in general, back to a neutral sound sig... It happened to me when I was listening to the Z1R a lot and changed headphones. Amazing how the brain gets used to something!

For sure! I remember coming from the M100s and thinking stuff like the LCD-2 and HD650 were lacking in bass (just going off of in-store auditions). It was also a BIG issue with the Nighthawks. Once I clicked with their sound it was really weird changing.

Jun 24, 2017 at 3:43 PM Post #365 of 567
Did some brief A/Bing between the triples and quads:

Quad Improvements:
-less boomy bass, better bass clarity and definition, with less obscuring of the lower midrange
-mids are slightly less recessed, I always felt the mids were too recessed for my tastes on the triples, but I don't have this feeling with the quads
-more details
-slightly better instrument separation and soundstage

The quads are very comfortable in my ears, and have great build quality.

I love the balance on these things. They sound so clear, musical, and balanced to me. I'm sure these would not quality as neutral/reference earphones, but they are perfect for someone looking for a balanced yet musical sound signature (with mild bass boost).

BTW, there are measurements on this site, and also compared with triples: http://www.soundstagenetwork.com/in...re-quad-driver-earphones&catid=263&Itemid=203

Basically confirms most people's findings: basically, a less v-shaped graph than the triples.

I haven't tried a lot of IEMs (maybe about 10), but these are definitely my favorite that I've tried so far.

Jun 28, 2017 at 9:34 AM Post #367 of 567
how does this compare to kz zs5 ? any ideas/views anyone ?

I mean, I don't have that set specifically but you're talking a $25 set versus a $200 set, so it's going to be one heck of an upgrade.

One thing worth mentioning is that the Quads are shallow fit, not deep IEMs, so you'll have some difference in audio characteristics just from that (plus a lot less isolation).

Jul 5, 2017 at 10:45 AM Post #368 of 567
Here's a different perspective from me. I loved the Quad drivers, their sound signature is great, but horrible horrible customer experience.

Here's my story with 1More's customer services:
I asked for 20% discount from 1More Germany, since they offered that to other customers on Amazon and there is 20% discount sale now in the 1More UK webstore.
He offered me 10%, which I didnt agree to and told him I would return the earbuds, considering I was deciding between the Quads and the Sony N3s and decided to keep the Sonys.

I got a harsh email that it was unbelievable that I decided to return them after using them for 3 weeks.
He then looked me up on Linkedin, added me as a contact, and referred to "what if I asked for 20% discount after you finished your work at company X".

Highly unsettling and unnerving customer experience, and frankly I've lost all trust in 1More for when the earbuds would break down further down along the road.
No replaceable cable makes me feel nervous as I would have to get a full replacement if I get the inevitable cable break issues.

I'm guessing it will be a pain in the ass to get them to replace the earbuds if they would malfunction within the warranty period.
I mean, it's THEIR policy of 30-days trying the earbuds out before deciding to keep them.

After the horrible build quality issues at OnePlus, this is my second unsatisfactory experience with Chinese brands.
I will be sending the Quad drivers back to Amazon and keeping the Sonys.

Too bad, because the product itself is great. But considering the quality reputation of chinese brands, and 1More being a new player, I find it hard to shell 200 euro's on a pair of earbuds from a brand that offers random discounts to customers and starts threatening and throws a tantrum when the customer is unsatisfied.

Last edited:
Jul 6, 2017 at 10:34 AM Post #369 of 567
Here's a different perspective from me. I loved the Quad drivers, their sound signature is great, but horrible horrible customer experience.

Here's my story with 1More's customer services:
I asked for 20% discount from 1More Germany, since they offered that to other customers on Amazon and there is 20% discount sale now in the 1More UK webstore.
He offered me 10%, which I didnt agree to and told him I would return the earbuds, considering I was deciding between the Quads and the Sony N3s and decided to keep the Sonys.

I got a harsh email that it was unbelievable that I decided to return them after using them for 3 weeks.
He then looked me up on Linkedin, added me as a contact, and referred to "what if I asked for 20% discount after you finished your work at company X".

I won't comment on the try-and-return part, but that LinkedIn part is lacking tact in so many ways that it gives me shivers. Not sure if you were dealing directly with 1More DE or an individual seller, but that's no way to handle customer care. Will be interesting to have 1More respond to this, especially since your account is very recent.

I've been keeping an eye on the Quads since launch (and indeed noticed DE was a bit overpriced at times) but parked that for now. Just got some MDR-EX1000 and there are more alternatives to explore first.

Last edited:
Jul 6, 2017 at 10:39 AM Post #370 of 567
I won't comment on the try-and-return part, but that LinkedIn part is lacking tact in so many ways that it gives me shivers. Not sure if you were dealing directly with 1More DE or an individual seller, but that's no way to handle customer care.

I've been keeping an eye on the Quads since launch (and indeed noticed DE was a bit overpriced at times) but parked that for now. Just got some MDR-EX1000 and there are more alternatives to explore first.

Well I asked the seller and Amazon on the exact meaning of the 30-day returns policy, because I was considering multiple brands, and wouldnt't commit to 200 euro purchase from an online store, as local stores do offer try-before-you-buy in the store.
They both said: "yes, you can order multiple brands and earbuds, and return the ones you don't want to keep."

But when you actually decide to return it because the value doesn't match the asking price, then suddenly you're an asshole for returning the products.
I wouldn't had even ordered the 1More's if he had told me that returns weren't accepted, or would result in a restocking fee.

Anyway, good thing I ordered from Amazon, because 1More has no say in the matter, as it is Amazon's policy to allow customers to try the products and all seller's have to adhere to that policy if they want to offer it on Amazon.

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2017 at 10:26 PM Post #371 of 567
After two thwarted attempts to purchase the 1More Triples from Amazon (the first order shipped the wrong product; the second order was a scam), I found the Quads for $143 and ordered them. Thus, I have no reference versus the sound of the Triples.

For me, the break-in--whether it was my head or the Quads themselves is indeterminate--was about 150 hours, after which I am getting a detailed, balanced, spacious, liquid and lively presentation, Not the last last word in resolution, but separation and performer placement are exceptional. I am getting a very good seal with the default tips, running the Quads from the Lenovo G50 with the AQ Jitterbug-->USB Disruptor w/DaBigGenius usb cable-->Emotiva Little Ego dac/amp. Am happily listening to the Gary Burton "Reunion" album, streaming 24/192 via Amazon Prime Music.

The last set of IEMs I spent appreciable time with were the Etymotic Logic ER4S. While the ER4S had the edge as far as absolute resolving power, they were not nearly as musically forthright and engaging as these 1More Quads.

I am glad I took the time to let the Quads open up and fill out. They continue to pleasantly surprise me.

Last edited:
Jul 27, 2017 at 6:28 PM Post #372 of 567
So since ordering these on pre-order I received them on release day and have been enjoying them ever since.
I basically listen to them almost all day every day and even take them with me on trips (rare that I travel though).

I honestly think these are just amazing and from my initial review of them I believe they are really natural sounding and pretty great for all types of music, provided you have the proper source equipment.
Directly from my laptop they do not sound that good, but powered through an Amp (even FiiO K1) they sound much better, and they pair really nicely with the HTC 10 aswell.

Jul 31, 2017 at 4:37 AM Post #373 of 567
So since ordering these on pre-order I received them on release day and have been enjoying them ever since.
I basically listen to them almost all day every day and even take them with me on trips (rare that I travel though).

I honestly think these are just amazing and from my initial review of them I believe they are really natural sounding and pretty great for all types of music, provided you have the proper source equipment.
Directly from my laptop they do not sound that good, but powered through an Amp (even FiiO K1) they sound much better, and they pair really nicely with the HTC 10 aswell.

I totally agree - I just use my Quads via my HTC 10 and couldn't be happier. Just a question though - do you use the Boomsound profile setting or have that turned off?

Jul 31, 2017 at 10:56 AM Post #374 of 567
I totally agree - I just use my Quads via my HTC 10 and couldn't be happier. Just a question though - do you use the Boomsound profile setting or have that turned off?

Neeeeeeever use Boomsound. Especially with a bassy IEM like the Quads. It's like that garbage "Dolby" setting on laptops. All it's gonna do is blow out the bass and make everything sound wonky as hell.

Jul 31, 2017 at 3:45 PM Post #375 of 567

I have boomsound off, it bloats/distorts the Bass IMHO

And the highs sometimes become "sharp" with boomsound, but its mostly just bass modification.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back