1964 Ears Adel IEMs
Jul 27, 2017 at 1:12 PM Post #8,851 of 9,124
lets talk bit about sources for u8

-lg v20 to my surprise sounds really amazing and has the widest sound stage and the most details, for the first time i like the v20 with an iem. Its the least musical among all listed below but has most details among all the listed below which is probably due to the sabre dac. Sometimes an eq is needed
-kann is the best i heard the u8 with period n balanced mode from all aspects but sound stage is a tiny less wide than v20 but as an all in all signature its the best I heard u8 with. Its a really musical source and everything is spot on, nothing needs to be wished for at least for me. And no eq what so ever with kann and u8. Best mids among all sources
-mojo ok well i am starting to feel mojo is lacking a bit in sound stage and its narrow sound stage is not great for u8 and to be honest I am starting to notice its narrow sound stage quite a bit and I am starting to think to sell it. Mojo and u8 is out of the picture for me
-iphone 7 plus its good but its bass is a bit less tight than all other sources but it is good for on the go when u do not want to carry any extra gears, the iphone to my ears has even a wider sound stage than mojo. I can tighten up the bass with eq in neutron using the parametric eq
-fiio x5iii a great source as well i prefer the kann but its really a good option as well, really like it alot, this dap is a no brainier at all for people who are on a budget and it sounds dam great. No eq needed here as well

Last edited:
Jul 27, 2017 at 3:58 PM Post #8,856 of 9,124
But there is a 75 ohm impedance adapter (also) written ... this is contrary to my experience ... 75 ohms sharp, thin sound...in my opinion.
i have as well 75 ohms adapter and its really bad when i had u12 and also bad with u8

Jul 27, 2017 at 4:08 PM Post #8,857 of 9,124
I liked the 75 ohm adapter somewhat, really takes care of most of the Treble issues. The rest of the sound however is bad with it.

Last edited:
Jul 27, 2017 at 7:09 PM Post #8,858 of 9,124
The U12 is still my favorite. :D

KANN & U12 01.jpg

Jul 27, 2017 at 8:23 PM Post #8,860 of 9,124
Hello, anybody here currently using the u/a 10 ? I'm wondering what kind of music goes well with this earphone, because with my limited music library this earphone feels really lifeless

Jul 27, 2017 at 9:31 PM Post #8,862 of 9,124
Hello, anybody here currently using the u/a 10 ? I'm wondering what kind of music goes well with this earphone, because with my limited music library this earphone feels really lifeless

Why not let us know about your source, DAP? smartphone? dac/amp? Sometimes it's not the headphones, but synergy with your source :wink:

Jul 27, 2017 at 9:33 PM Post #8,863 of 9,124
Try tia forte and I am sure you will change your mind :p

Did it change yours? I'm still split between U18 and TIA Fourte, will have Fourte review soon...

Jul 27, 2017 at 10:08 PM Post #8,864 of 9,124
Why not let us know about your source, DAP? smartphone? dac/amp? Sometimes it's not the headphones, but synergy with your source :wink:

Currently straight from my pc and smartphone, both have a warm characteristics with a smooth treble and terrible technicalities. I'm still waiting for my questyle cma400i to come (not as warm, black background and airy highs iirc), should arrive probably next weekend. I've listened pop, edm, dnb, jazz, classical and anime songs with this earphone but i can't enjoy them as much as i usually do.

The u10 i'm currently using is just a loaner, so i don't really know if i am using it as it is supposed to be or not

Users who are viewing this thread

Back