Zorloo ZuperDAC Review by mark2410
Jul 1, 2016 at 10:10 AM Post #62 of 146
  You're right, if I buy ZuperDac I will left my impressions here. This thread is very interesting I don't know why only there are 4 pages...

my guess would be is that Zorloo isnt a huge name in audio, its not got millions of products and hasnt been arround for years like some older big name companies.  they make nice stuff though

Jul 1, 2016 at 10:21 AM Post #63 of 146
Just tried to buy iPhone to USB camera cable to connect Zoorloo to my iPhone in two airports could not find any stock...seems like this is an old item that isn't replenished this fast these days. Was hoping to try my Zoorloo on this trip beyond the laptop...

Jul 3, 2016 at 7:18 AM Post #64 of 146
Buy zuperdac and dragonfly and compare two, with daps like fiio x3 you often pay for redundancies like lcd processor, software and then dac and amp. with dac you just pay for dac and amp. software is clunky on daps too, no soundcloud, no apps etc. some daps have android on it like sony daps but thats like buying ipod touch with a better dac, rather dinosaur technology buy buy what you like

I see you are getting the dragonfly red. How does the zuperdac compare?

Jul 3, 2016 at 7:33 AM Post #65 of 146
dr red is better than zuperdac but at 200 euro its not a cheap dac

Jul 3, 2016 at 12:39 PM Post #66 of 146
Jul 3, 2016 at 4:02 PM Post #67 of 146

some update on zuperdac and dfr dac

zupperdac is 80 euro new including postage on zuperdac site
audioquest dragonfly red dac is 210 euro with postage new on amazon

been comparing two sacs with three iems I am using

ted baker Dover 31 euro on amazon with postage bought in tkmax for 35 euro

hz ep001 iems 25 euro on lendmeurears with postage

and custom iems I made with flare dynamics with cost 50 euro

now to audio quality, dfr is actually way cleaner than zuperdac but it is not as clean as fiio x7 dap, that dap is much better at detail and dynamic but beside that
zuperdac is less clean but it has nice sound type that pairs well with ted baker iem. ted baker Dover sounds cleaner with dfr but I like it with zuperdac it pairs better with zuperdac even though detail is less.

hz ep001 is similarly from both dacs but cleaner with dfr

and custom flare iem sounds better cleaner with dfr, with zuperdac it also sounds nice but less dynamic.

I actually will keep both dacs because zuperdac pairs better with ted baker dover iem and I like those, and dfr pairs better with custom flare iems with occ cable with silver and sounds way better because dfr is much more dynamic.

I rarely listen to iphone dac anymore, zuperdac and dfr are just better than iphone

Jul 21, 2016 at 2:40 PM Post #68 of 146
Hello all:

First post by a long term lurker here.

Have been watching almost monthly it seems new names from China come out with DAC products. Some with good designs, some bad and some pop up as just rebadges. Saw the reviews on the ZuperDAC and it seems o hit a sweet spot for me - great affordable portable sound. Don't know the company, but the price at $50 IIRC is "gamble worthy".

So here's my question: Where are you all buying the ZuperDAC from? I went to the Zorloo website and it's not available from there, Amazon, NewEgg, the Indiegogo sponsor site. Microcentre in the US tells me they liquidated their stock....

Is the ZuperDAC a dead duck? Or is it just a case of "wait till the next production batch"?

Can anyone direct me to where I might be able to snag one?

Cheers in advance,

Rich
Brit trapped in Boston

Jul 21, 2016 at 5:38 PM Post #69 of 146
i bought on zorloo website, I also had dragonfly red, it sounded better in dynamics but overall sounded weird and ear fatiguing because of higher frequency, and it was more expensive so I sold DFR and kept zorloo zuperdac, also while zorloo isn't better in detail it's better in overall more fund sound type and not ear fatiguing or not as dfr, so ye I would vote for zuperdac is better, even though it's not getting many threads in headfi
price to performance is very good with this dac

Jul 22, 2016 at 10:43 PM Post #70 of 146
  Hello all:

First post by a long term lurker here.

Have been watching almost monthly it seems new names from China come out with DAC products. Some with good designs, some bad and some pop up as just rebadges. Saw the reviews on the ZuperDAC and it seems o hit a sweet spot for me - great affordable portable sound. Don't know the company, but the price at $50 IIRC is "gamble worthy".

So here's my question: Where are you all buying the ZuperDAC from? I went to the Zorloo website and it's not available from there, Amazon, NewEgg, the Indiegogo sponsor site. Microcentre in the US tells me they liquidated their stock....

Is the ZuperDAC a dead duck? Or is it just a case of "wait till the next production batch"?

Can anyone direct me to where I might be able to snag one?

Cheers in advance,

Rich
Brit trapped in Boston

I'm pretty sure the ZuperDAC is sold out.  It was on their website about a month ago because I was thinking of buying one at the time.  Also, the price is $74 for silver/gold and $79 for red.

Perhaps you should contact them to ask if they are making more units?

Jul 23, 2016 at 3:30 AM Post #71 of 146

some update on zuperdac and dfr dac

zupperdac is 80 euro new including postage on zuperdac site
audioquest dragonfly red dac is 210 euro with postage new on amazon

been comparing two sacs with three iems I am using

ted baker Dover 31 euro on amazon with postage bought in tkmax for 35 euro

hz ep001 iems 25 euro on lendmeurears with postage

and custom iems I made with flare dynamics with cost 50 euro

now to audio quality, dfr is actually way cleaner than zuperdac but it is not as clean as fiio x7 dap, that dap is much better at detail and dynamic but beside that
zuperdac is less clean but it has nice sound type that pairs well with ted baker iem. ted baker Dover sounds cleaner with dfr but I like it with zuperdac it pairs better with zuperdac even though detail is less.

hz ep001 is similarly from both dacs but cleaner with dfr

and custom flare iem sounds better cleaner with dfr, with zuperdac it also sounds nice but less dynamic.

I actually will keep both dacs because zuperdac pairs better with ted baker dover iem and I like those, and dfr pairs better with custom flare iems with occ cable with silver and sounds way better because dfr is much more dynamic.

I rarely listen to iphone dac anymore, zuperdac and dfr are just better than iphone

ZuperDAC has an OI of ~4 ohms so if you have any ba iems, it might affect the sound

Jul 23, 2016 at 5:19 AM Post #72 of 146
ye, two issues for my use,
1. I don't have any be iems, and ones ba I had were hybrid and probably are made to work with dd amp dac
2. I prefer more bass and more ohm means more bass and less ohm means less bass
and three dfr is ear fatiguing because of more high frequency.
so for me 4 ohms on zuperdac is what I like, if you have ba iems don't complain you know what ohm amp dac you need, it's nothing to do with dac itself, more ohm means more bass on dd iems

Jul 23, 2016 at 10:25 AM Post #73 of 146
ye, two issues for my use,
1. I don't have any be iems, and ones ba I had were hybrid and probably are made to work with dd amp dac
2. I prefer more bass and more ohm means more bass and less ohm means less bass
and three dfr is ear fatiguing because of more high frequency.
so for me 4 ohms on zuperdac is what I like, if you have ba iems don't complain you know what ohm amp dac you need, it's nothing to do with dac itself, more ohm means more bass on dd iems

It will mess with low impedance iems as well, some can be as low as 16 or 10 ohms etc. No one is complaining lol but people need to know the 4 ohm thing up front before even considering the ZuperDAC. Nowhere is it written on the actual zorloo site so it can be frustrating people so I will be sure to highlight it in my review of it.

its a good sounding amp/dac tho, but thats a huge caveat for me that i feel like i gotta explain everytime i recommend it to someone 

Jul 23, 2016 at 7:30 PM Post #74 of 146
em more ohm more bass but ye if you don't care about bass just get cozoy their dacs are 0.5 ohm and have no bass haha

Jul 27, 2016 at 6:52 AM Post #75 of 146
From Zorloo's website

NOTICES: We have temporary run out of ZuperDAC inventory and are arranging production now.  We hope to get ZuperDAC ready by md to end September.  In the mean time, we have some refurbish units available, please leave a message to us if you are interested.

I have inquired about the refurbished units, and I have been quoted USD49 + shipping, also includes 6-month warranty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back