Zorloo ZuperDAC Review by mark2410
Aug 20, 2017 at 11:57 AM Post #136 of 146
[QUOTE="waynes world, post: 13667866, member: 333894"]Then you are gonna love what's coming next :wink:

You tease! I hope all is going well my friend.

Sep 1, 2017 at 1:27 PM Post #137 of 146
the led in my zuperdac is always green, even when i play 96khx flac files.foobar200 output-WASAPI (event) zorloo zuperdac @24Bit, windows audio settings-zuperdac @ 24bit 196khz..what am i doing wrong? its supposed to have different color when playing higher sample rate audio..

Nov 6, 2017 at 9:19 AM Post #139 of 146
Hi, please I'am seeking for advice. I know it's far from optimal, but is the zuperdac going to drive the HD6xx (hd650) to a listenable level? I am quite on a budget and expecting the HD6xx to arrive before Christmas. Till I save some bucks to get a better amp/DAP, will I be able to use the new headphones? Thank you :))

Nov 11, 2017 at 1:02 PM Post #141 of 146
Well i also got a sample from Zorloo. I intendet to get a European LG G6 with a "Standard" built in DAC which doesn't sound any special. But then my OCD got triggered and i bought the Asian version which has a Quad DAC (ESS 9018+). Its a upgraded version of the LG V20's Quad DAC but people say its rather a downgrade because the new dac lacks Bass, Stage and is way too bright. Especially Bass seems a problem that many people change back to the V20. They may have a similar chip but both sound completely different. Even audiophile shopkeepers say that the G6 has absolutely no bass and lacks dynamics compared to the V20. Many reviewers label the G6 with its Quad DAC as THE best sounding smartphone. Well this may be true for people who love analytic sound. But my ZuperDAC arrived and i tested them both. My conclusion is that the G6's DAC is pure marketing to trick people into thinking Quad = Better. If that would be the case Oppo and FiiO would be useless and would sell overprized Junk for over 400 Bucks if a smartphone alone can sound better. I think you get the point. The DAC in the G6 may cost 15 Bucks in production and we are comparing it to a 70$ Standalone DAC which only has the task to make music sound better.

Its a no contest, i see the ZuperDAC from the same way that you see it. Very Dynamic sound with awesome mids and deep non distorting bass. I dislike the G6 DAC sound and only use my ZuperDAC. No matter if i use 990 LE's. HD 650 or EC10s, the SuperDAC is way superior for people who want atmospheric dynamic sound with a deep sub bass. If you prefer sober, neutral or clear sound with focusing on the voice only, the G6 will do better. But the Instruments, Stage, Bass, Kicks, pretty much everything that does make a sound apart from the voice will sound thousand times better. And i rarely listen to acapella, so the G6 Quad DAC is not enjoyable for me.

My full review of the ZuperDAC is coming soon after testing it a little further.

Hi nice seeing your short description. Well does it play from YouTube of G6 ? Does the Zuperdac can be used for YouTube playing also ?

I just had G6 quad dac version and sold it and waiting for my next array of 2018 Ai smartphone probably be Huawei/Honor or Oneplus.

Dec 27, 2017 at 12:37 PM Post #143 of 146
Oh lookie what Zorloo has up their sleeve :p @waynes world

laebogldiinafbll.png
cmfnnecamcpanpbc.png
hmfdgdhkfpbbgajm.png
unnamed.png

I will have the official thread up some time later. I have to say, the ZuperDAC-S sounds awesome! Its so friggin small and looks sexy as hell!!

Dec 27, 2017 at 1:27 PM Post #144 of 146
Yup, that is rather small! I like what appears to be volume controls as well. Looking forward to seeing the specs, and further impressions! Thanks Tamal.

Aug 15, 2018 at 5:32 AM Post #146 of 146
It took me a while to finally post this.

I have the original Zuperdac, and also was one of the first on indiegogo for the v2.

I am usually a fan of the Sabre chips, but for some unknown reason, I just cant listen to zuper-s.

There are no mids and bass. The trebles are there but thats it. Thats how a non-audiophile friend described it when I made him try.
And that was using RE600 from Hifiman, which are ALL MIDS.

Thats when I realized I was forcing myself to like it because of the build quality and form factor. But then I tried again my Fiio E10k, and difference was night day. Couldnt go back.

PS: 2 other small quirks that become vastly annoying with time, its not possible to control the volume from the computer, you have to use the physical buttons all the time, and the cables included are quite crapy for a lack of better words. They often disconnect, and they are actually wired the wrong direction so the buttons of the Zuperdac are always facing the table!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back