Zorloo ZuperDAC Review by mark2410
Dec 29, 2015 at 10:53 AM Post #16 of 146
Hi. I'm new to the portable audio. Can you guys give me some advise?
I just bought Fidue A83 (11 ohm) and i'd like to buy a cheap usb-size DAC to pair with my Android. Out there is some option like : hrt i-dsp, calyx pat, audioquest dragonfly, Zuper... My music type is like this: Tessellate - Alt J

\

So which device is suitable for me? Thank you so much. (Well i'm interesting in with the Zuper cause it is cheap but also good looking with ESS Sabre chip, haha)

Jan 14, 2016 at 8:53 AM Post #17 of 146
hey sorry for the delay in reply but xmas and ny happened.

well of the things you meantion ive not played with so i cant really say this over that.  however the Zuper is super fun and given its priceing and chips used i believe your getting a bit of a steal.  when you buy a big name anything you in part pay for that name, Zorloo being brand new you arent paying that and you get outstanding spec's for the price.

Jan 17, 2016 at 12:06 PM Post #18 of 146
  hey sorry for the delay in reply but xmas and ny happened.

well of the things you meantion ive not played with so i cant really say this over that.  however the Zuper is super fun and given its priceing and chips used i believe your getting a bit of a steal.  when you buy a big name anything you in part pay for that name, Zorloo being brand new you arent paying that and you get outstanding spec's for the price.

Yeah haha np just enjoy your vacation. Maybe i will try the Zuper later. I'm interested in with CIEM so i'm going to change my Fidue A83 to a  CIEM (maybe Custom Art music) then i will get the Zuper after that. Thank you for your advice.
bigsmile_face.gif

Mar 1, 2016 at 1:31 AM Post #21 of 146
I use the Zorloo DAC USB into my Mac Book Air. Listening through my Fischer Audio Consonance which are typically clean and clear. Its a great combo and beats the Halo Enhancer software solution on the Mac, which was already pretty darn' good too.

Its USB so how configure for use with an iPhone say? Such as the provision of a separate power supply and conversion from USB to Lightning connector...can this be done?

Mar 2, 2016 at 9:06 AM Post #22 of 146
  I use the Zorloo DAC USB into my Mac Book Air. Listening through my Fischer Audio Consonance which are typically clean and clear. Its a great combo and beats the Halo Enhancer software solution on the Mac, which was already pretty darn' good too.

Its USB so how configure for use with an iPhone say? Such as the provision of a separate power supply and conversion from USB to Lightning connector...can this be done?

erm it should be, i know you can use a lightning to DAC as other things do soi dontsee why you cant with this, however apple being apple that doesnt mean it will work.  in short, buy a cable a try it but i believe it ought to work, i just cant promise it will.

Mar 2, 2016 at 1:11 PM Post #23 of 146
Bought me a Zuperdac! Looking forward to hearing how it works. 

I'll be trying it out in these configurations:

a) laptop -> zuperdac -> gear

b) laptop -> zuperdac -> Cayin C5 amp -> gear 

c) Samsung S5 -> gear. If it works well off of the S5, then this might allow me to resist getting a streaming capable dap like the X7 (for a while).

I was going to get the Audioquest Dragonfly 1.2 because it purportedly synergies quite well with the Nighthawk headphones, but I thought I'd give the zuperdac a whirl instead.

It will also be interesting to see how it does with the VE Zen 2.0 earbuds (320 ohms) and my planars (will probably want the C5 involved for them).

Anyone using something like the Audioquest Jitterbug with the Zuperdac? (I'm not really sure about it yet)

Apr 13, 2016 at 4:06 AM Post #24 of 146
I bought one of these dac and well it's will be in post. I will use it on iPhone 5s with new Apple cable that has lightning to power iPhone so I can use with battery or usb but I don't think I will use it on the go science I find using just iPhone is more convenient on the go even if I get worse sound than with dac.

does iPhone use sabre dac? would this be better than iPhone anyway? also it's not all about dacs if it has a low quality amp it's almost pointless what dac zuperdac has. two need to be good, especially if and there are no dac jack. I've had like three dacs already and they all been a disappointment. iPhones don't have a bad dac and amp but it's not very good either. I hope there are no volume adjustment issues on iphone otherwise it would be unusable. I would probably send it back for refund. haha but quality of dac and amp on iPhone isn't that good so I bought this

ZuperDAC review lightning usb 3 adapter flair audio r2a ve monk
https://youtu.be/w5LPGEy2HF8

weird thing about this zuperdac is it changes from midforward with weak subbass to neutral with subbass when i add 5v power to it. before i thought it was every bit better than iphone except for weaker subbass, now with 5v its completely better. im back to dual tea bag mod. sound is now even better. this zuperdac is very good, its stops working on full volume without 5v usb especially during bass, it needs power even though zoloo say it can work from iphone. but it does play when i put one volume notch down. which is inconvenient on the go or with r2a cause its quiet as it is. another weird thing about zuperdac is that with my usb battery it does improve subbass but it stops playing on full volume. probably need another battery. zoloo sent me a replacement dac. but with 5v it sounds very good.

May 21, 2016 at 9:37 AM Post #25 of 146
Sorry to hijack the post but can anyone help me with the following query ?

I am interested in buying the Zuperdac.

But since i am from India i will have to get it shipped internationally, so can you please disclose zorloo's courier options and whether the product will be insured, in case it doesn't reach me or gets damaged while in transit who would be liable ?
If you guys can help me clear up this bit of info, i will be interested in ordering one :D

Thanks a lot

May 21, 2016 at 10:47 AM Post #26 of 146
i bough from zorloo on their website. it stops playing on full volume on iphone, when i lower volume by one notch it plays. zorloo sent me a replacement but zorloo hadnt been answering emails. so i dont know if they do customer service anymore. for me it sounds better than cozoy aegis dac which cost much more because zuperdac doesnt reduce bass everything else is good. it doesnt have gradual volume but every volume changes volume. its probably better than idsd microstreamer which people say breaks and resellers are rude. i would defo recomend the product to anyone who needs a good cheap upgrade. its not any louder than iphone though so you might want to ise it with efficient iems. cheers

May 21, 2016 at 10:56 AM Post #27 of 146
i bough from zorloo on their website. it stops playing on full volume on iphone, when i lower volume by one notch it plays. zorloo sent me a replacement but zorloo hadnt been answering emails. so i dont know if they do customer service anymore. for me it sounds better than cozoy aegis dac which cost much more because zuperdac doesnt reduce bass everything else is good. it doesnt have gradual volume but every volume changes volume. its probably better than idsd microstreamer which people say breaks and resellers are rude. i would defo recomend the product to anyone who needs a good cheap upgrade. its not any louder than iphone though so you might want to ise it with efficient iems. cheers

Thanks for the quick reply bro :)
I am gonna use it with my DT 770 80 ohms, i guess that should be drivable right ?

Moreover does the software allows us to get a proper lineout from the ZuperDAC so that i can use my own amp along with it ?

May 21, 2016 at 11:32 AM Post #28 of 146
yes it will be good with that headphone. nice headphone. it even worked with iphone dt 770 300 ohm version just not very loud. on 80ohm zuperdac will be enough. its a 36 ohm dac so its descent. its actually 4.7 ohm

as for line out i assume its dac line out you mean. it doesnt have that, you see those features usually on more expensive dac amps like oppo ha2 and its 4 times more expensive. but from experience if dac sounds good it will sound better from dac and amp to another amp than from iphone dac with amp for example. its not just theoretically double amping sounds bad its how good dac and amp is. i had fiio l9 adapter to bypass the iphone amp to bass boosting amp and it sounded much better with better dac with amp than iphone dac and iphone amp bypassed. its not just bypassing an amp to use another amp. its also how good is the stuff you using. if you have a good dac and amp it will sound much better even if you use two amps than using iphone dac and bypassing and doing how headfi said. its also what you use the quality of what you use. you will get much better audio with good dac and amp than if you just used a lower quality dac and didnt dual amped. but surely you could spend more and get a dac that has dac line out. its whatever you feel you should buy. for me zorloo zuperdac is better than all dacs i had which are fiio e10k, astell and kern ak10 dac and cozoy aegis dac. zorloo zuperdac stops playing on full volume but even with one notch lower volume its good enough. i have replacement in post should get on monday. will see if it plays on full volume.

but ye one must be an ******* not to like zuperdac at the 80 euro price. and with dt 770 it will sound very good, ive heared that headphone on iphone with zuperdac it would sound twice better

May 21, 2016 at 11:34 AM Post #29 of 146
Thanks again for the feedback.
So shall i order it, i hope they at least ship it, as they have not responded to me over mails or even FB page.

I am afraid that if i order and they don't ship it, my cash will be stuck and that will be a headache !

May 21, 2016 at 12:04 PM Post #30 of 146
zorloo will post it if not pay pal gives refund. or may be spend more and get geekout v2 plus, it even has a balanced out

if not i can sell you mine for 60 euro i would get a replacement zuperdac the tracking says its already here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back