ZERO 24/192 DAC, Anyone heard of this DAC amp?
Jan 7, 2008 at 4:03 AM Post #76 of 113
Quote:

Originally Posted by aZn_plyR /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey Penchum, what was the delivery time from order date to delivery for both your Zero's?

If I remember correctly, once they actually shipped, it was 6-8 business days. Shorter on the first, longer (Xmas rush) on the second.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 7, 2008 at 5:56 AM Post #78 of 113
Quote:

Originally Posted by SLUSHIE /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I ordered from snow48_6 on 12-11-07.

I'm about ready to report it as a no show.

Wow! Have you asked him whats up??
confused.gif

Jan 7, 2008 at 6:10 AM Post #80 of 113
Quote:

Originally Posted by SLUSHIE /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've tried to contact him through ebay and email.

That is really bad. I'd try again thru ebay both Monday and Tuesday and if he doesn't respond by Wednesday, turn it in. There is no reason why he shouldn't respond to you. So sorry to hear of this trouble. Lawrence, the guy most have purchased from, has been pretty good, so you will have another choice later. Have a good one!

Jan 7, 2008 at 7:12 AM Post #81 of 113
Well, after reading what appears to be great feedback on Lawrence, divvied up for my own Zero. Looking forward to this cost-effective unit--just not the dreaded waiting period!

Jan 7, 2008 at 10:50 AM Post #82 of 113
Quote:

Originally Posted by ironman64 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, after reading what appears to be great feedback on Lawrence, divvied up for my own Zero. Looking forward to this cost-effective unit--just not the dreaded waiting period!

Ironman! I wondered where you went!!
biggrin.gif
I'm pretty sure he is "in stock" now, so your wait should be much shorter than those in December. The latest goings on are over on the review thread, so if you want to catch up on things, go check it out. Have a good one!!
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 7, 2008 at 6:06 PM Post #83 of 113
I was pleasantly surprised when he responded to my inquiry with a paypal invoice in only two minutes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Penchum /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The latest goings on are over on the review thread, so if you want to catch up on things, go check it out. Have a good one!!
smily_headphones1.gif

So many opamps . . . so many choices!
eek.gif
I may have to force myself to be satisfied with whatever set is provided before I start rushing into replacements.

Jan 7, 2008 at 7:29 PM Post #84 of 113
Quote:

Originally Posted by ironman64 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was pleasantly surprised when he responded to my inquiry with a paypal invoice in only two minutes.

So many opamps . . . so many choices!
eek.gif
I may have to force myself to be satisfied with whatever set is provided before I start rushing into replacements.

That is actually a very good idea. It gives everything a chance to settle in and about the 100hr mark, you will have a really good idea of what "stock" sounds like. Then, go Opamp hunting.
biggrin.gif
Actually, you may not even want too. The stock Opamp is pretty nice!
wink.gif

Jan 7, 2008 at 7:39 PM Post #85 of 113
what's his email? I want to get an estimated ship date.

Jan 7, 2008 at 9:31 PM Post #86 of 113
lawrencechanbig@msn.com

Simply inquire whether he will make another batch available.
--> Be certain to thank him for his service!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Penchum
Actually, you may not even want too. The stock Opamp is pretty nice!

Pouring through the many pages in the other Zero thread, this appears to be true. Right now, I plan to use this as a pre-amp, so the descriptions of the stock unit sounds on mark with what I'm looking for--neccessary, I know!

Jan 8, 2008 at 12:20 AM Post #87 of 113
As a side note, I am using my Zero with my UE triple.fi 10 Pro IEMs. I never heard the waves of sound so full. WOW!!. All other amps and dacs are getting dust. I might start a garage sale, soon. Je, je. The Zero already retired 3 of my amps. Je, je.... To be continue.....

Jan 8, 2008 at 12:33 AM Post #88 of 113
Quote:

Originally Posted by TURBO /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As a side note, I am using my Zero with my UE triple.fi 10 Pro IEMs. I never heard the waves of sound so full. WOW!!. All other amps and dacs are getting dust. I might start a garage sale, soon. Je, je. The Zero already retired 3 of my amps. Je, je.... To be continue.....

Which amps and dacs did you compare it to? I have one coming (when the new stack is in stock) and wants to know what to expect
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 8, 2008 at 12:45 AM Post #89 of 113
Quote:

Originally Posted by Henmyr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Which amps and dacs did you compare it to? I have one coming (when the new stack is in stock) and wants to know what to expect
smily_headphones1.gif

Je. je. Why to suffer?. You asked for. It retired my Darkvoice 332, M3 amp (by memory), Gilmore Lite (by memory), Headamp GS1 (by memory), Lunch box amp, Darkvoice Figaro and Zhoulu D3 DAC. Pretty amazing.

TURBO

Jan 8, 2008 at 2:47 PM Post #90 of 113
Quote:

Originally Posted by TURBO /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Je. je. Why to suffer?. You asked for. It retired my Darkvoice 332, M3 amp (by memory), Gilmore Lite (by memory), Headamp GS1 (by memory), Lunch box amp, Darkvoice Figaro and Zhoulu D3 DAC. Pretty amazing.

TURBO

So, realistically, where's the threshold? Where does this unit (stock) bottom out at? If it performs perfectly for its price-point, then how much money did we all just save?
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back