xDuoo - new company making interesting portable DAC and amp units
Mar 21, 2013 at 3:55 AM Post #64 of 95
I can't compare as dont have them(although I will get a c5 soon) but the xduuo is a
DAC and amp and the headstage and C5 are just amps so they are completely different products. If you just want a amp then with this you'll be paying or the DaC as well. If you need the DAC then the others ain't no good for you.

Mar 28, 2013 at 3:45 AM Post #65 of 95
I live in the U.S. Does anyone know how I can get these?  Jaben in Malaysia says they don't ship to the the States and gave me Jaben Singapore's link.  However, Jaben Singapore doesn't carry the xDuoo.

Mar 28, 2013 at 9:52 AM Post #66 of 95
Quote:
I live in the U.S. Does anyone know how I can get these?  Jaben in Malaysia says they don't ship to the the States and gave me Jaben Singapore's link.  However, Jaben Singapore doesn't carry the xDuoo.

http://custom-iem.com/

Proprietor Stephen Guo has his contact info on there. He hasn't added the xDuoo stuff to the site yet, but he is the distributor for the USA and can get you all set up. 

Apr 2, 2013 at 9:59 PM Post #68 of 95
Hi folks,

does anyone can advise where I can order online XD-01 to be shipped to Europe. Contacted Jaben in Malaysia but they didn't reply at all.
Or anyone could help me with purchase?  

Apr 3, 2013 at 3:36 AM Post #69 of 95
Quote:

I believe alanywm got his xDuoo from Jaben Singapore.  You might want to PM him for more details.

Apr 5, 2013 at 2:03 AM Post #73 of 95
I assume the two DAPs are not released yet. Those certainly look tempting, assuming there is English support for the menu screens

Apr 5, 2013 at 2:10 AM Post #74 of 95
i think english language support will most definately be there, even im on the lookout for those players also the xp1 .. just need some reviews before i jump, or take the safe road with the fiio x3/ hisound nova 1

Apr 5, 2013 at 2:26 AM Post #75 of 95
I have listened to both the XD-01 and X1, xDuoo sent both of them to me for review purpose. Also having Hisound N1 in hand now.

Full review should be posted up soon, but I will share some of the impression at here.

First of all, those who think XD-01 will be a miracle might get disappointed. For sound quality purpose I will not recommended this over Audinst HUD-mx2, O2/ODAC and iFi iDAC. In my honest opinion.

XD-01 has some very powerful driving capability for such a small box, and it is wisely build, solid and tough, mechanism seems nicely done. I turning the volume to less than 9 O'clock (Low gain Mode) will give me good listening volume already (Tested with Thinksound MS01, Perfect Sound S101, Shure Se425, Klipsch S4II and X7i), however the soundstage is quite narrow with some mediorce bass response. The only thing that seemed can keep up with the competitor is the vocal performance, but others than that, not worth for a serious thought especially when you do not need the extra features of it. However, I don't have chance to test the UA-05, which seemed promising at the moment. UA-05 should be a better competitor for ODAC/O2, iDAC and the MX2.

X1 is a good music player, which do emphasize lower region, midrange and treble seems reasonable good especially considering the price, I will say X1 is better than lets say the similar Hippo Biscuit, which often sounded dry and lacking bass body.

N1 however is a different sound tuning music player as X1, is a good and beautiful player that has small but enough for IEM driving power (Hisound told me N1 specifically made for IEM), and a gentle sound. I played some soulful and touching love songs with N1, it makes me feel like wanna cry, however, I can't scan Wav files in my N1, this is really strange.

Su

Users who are viewing this thread

Back