xDuoo - new company making interesting portable DAC and amp units
Feb 16, 2013 at 3:42 AM Post #31 of 95

Feb 16, 2013 at 9:57 AM Post #34 of 95
Have gotten a chance today to try the xduoo... I must say I was disappointed.
Connected to my Note 2, there was a very noticeable hissing, didn't go well with my IE8.

Tried the setting between both gains, bass and everything else and hiss is still there. Exterior nicely built though.

Feb 16, 2013 at 10:36 AM Post #35 of 95
I've been spending time with the UA-05 in for review. So far it's very impressive - low gain works well with sensitive CIEMs like JH13 FreqPhase and Westone ES5, with a black background and no hiss. But high gain can push and LCD-2 or Thunderpants like nobody's business. Very impressive for a little "portable" unit. 

I'll have more to say when I do a full review at InnerFidelity. 

Feb 16, 2013 at 11:58 AM Post #36 of 95
Quote:
hey guys i wanted to ask i just got the Shure SRH-1840 for my office setup 
, ipod classic 6thgen 80gb -> ALO The Triple Pipe L.O.D to C&C X02 ( bassy amp makes up for the SRH-1840's bass shyness) so i got a perfect neutral set up and with very good clarity 
though the clarity is nothing like my modded Zero Dac from my home desktop setup. 
And i want really good clarity which is what the classic is lacking . I have the Nexus 7 and honeslty the audio out is horrendous. and i think xp-1 will be a major upgrade. 
But comparing nexus 7 + xduoo xp-1 > 1840's   VS  ColorFly CK4 + C&C X02 > 1840's 

which would be better ? i am leaning to the ColorFly CK4 cuz i can get it for SGD $250 (202 USD) while the xduoo is SGD$361 ( $292 USD) 

so now its a matter of dual WOLFSON DACS VS Single CIRUS LOGIC CS4398 FLAGSHIP DAC.    

LOOKING FOR SIGNIFICANT IMPROVEMENT IN THESE AREAS :    SOUND STAGE , CLARITY , LOW SND RATIO ( I HATE HISSING NOISES ) 

AND THANKS GUYS !!!! LOVE THIS FORUM !!!  THOUGH IT HAS COST ME LOTS OF MONEY !!! HAHAHAHA 
Cheers !!!
NukeShock

In what way is your setup perfectly neutral?

Feb 16, 2013 at 12:29 PM Post #38 of 95
After hearing about the hissing sound, I decided to test out my Xduoo XP-1 with my S3 (international version) for any hissing sound. Using Neutron player on the S3, I could not detect any hissing sound with my Fitear Togo 334. The same with my Westone 4R. The gain was set to low without bass boost. Without any music playing, I turned the volume knob to 12 o'clock. There was no hiss I could detect. For the record, at 10 o'clock, the volume was already loud for me.

Feb 16, 2013 at 2:07 PM Post #39 of 95
The XP-1 I originally had in was a prototype, and had some hiss. Apparently they redid something in the design to help eliminate that issue, but I haven't heard the redone model since I'm covering the UA-05 instead. 

But I can certainly vouch for the Leckerton - it's exceptional as an amp. Don't worry about your choice. 

Feb 18, 2013 at 3:43 AM Post #42 of 95
You will find that the sq of the Leckerton UHA-6S is quite close to the XP-1 but I would still give the edge to the XP-1. That is if you are listening via USB on the S3. The good thing about the Leckerton is its amp section and the fact that it has the optical and coxial inputs. If you can listen to music via the coaxial or optical inputs, the sound quality is better.

Btw, I am already experiencing difficulty using the OTG cable that comes with the the XP-1. For some reason, the S3 is not able to detect the XP-1 so no music is going through. Using my usual OTG cable resolves the problem. Also phone charging seems possible only if I use the supplied cable.

Feb 18, 2013 at 4:41 AM Post #44 of 95
You will find that the sq of the Leckerton UHA-6S is quite close to the XP-1 but I would still give the edge to the XP-1. That is if you are listening via USB on the S3. The good thing about the Leckerton is its amp section and the fact that it has the optical and coxial inputs. If you can listen to music via the coaxial or optical inputs, the sound quality is better.

Btw, I am already experiencing difficulty using the OTG cable that comes with the the XP-1. For some reason, the S3 is not able to detect the XP-1 so no music is going through. Using my usual OTG cable resolves the problem. Also phone charging seems possible only if I use the supplied cable.

This seems like the problem I have. So you using an otg cable and then that long charging came that is included?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back