Where did you go to college?
Sep 11, 2005 at 4:48 AM Post #16 of 208
University of Southern Maine

Sep 11, 2005 at 4:49 AM Post #17 of 208
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus
While at KU from '86-'88, I happened to be in the right place at the right time, and was a season ticket holder to the '88 National Champion Jayhawk basketball team featuring Danny Manning, who was the NCAA player of the year.

LOL, Wmcmanus, I was giving a lecture at Duke during one of those NCAA final fours. I was in the student union lounge in front of the big screen. IIRC, Duke was favored to win, but KU scored about the first 20 points--everyone was shocked!

I was a grad student at Wisconsin one year they were nat'l champions in hockey, and a prof at UCLA for two (or was it three?) Rose Bowl wins. Just last year I spent some time at North Carolina, but left just before they won the NCAA Bball championship.

Sep 11, 2005 at 4:50 AM Post #18 of 208
Quote:

Originally Posted by grandenigma1
currently Taylor University in IN... next year grad school at NYU

NYU currently has the #1 Philosophy Dept in the country! Not too shabby in Math or Art History either!

Sep 11, 2005 at 4:51 AM Post #19 of 208
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn
I went to Oberlin College, a quaint little campus amidst the corn fields of Ohio...

I visited Oberlin while teaching at Defiance (they were in the same conference). What a cool little place!

I checked out a lot of the surrounding campuses like Findley College (now University, I believe), Heidelberg College, Ohio Northern University (where they have a small law school), Anderson University, Bluffton University, Thomas More College, Franklin College, and one of my all-time favorite places, Transylvania University in Lexington, KY!!! A good friend of scuba diving pal of mine still teaches there.

Edit: No wait! It may still be Findley College, but Bluffton College became Bluffton University. It's all a matter of what the faculty wants to recommend to the Board of Trustees at these small schools, and whether they think it will pass the "believability" factor by adding a master's program or whatever.

Sep 11, 2005 at 4:53 AM Post #20 of 208
hehe, I think this is the only claim to fame Oberlin College has to big time sports:

Oberlin's football team was the first team coached by legendary coach John Heisman, who led the team to a 7-0 record in 1892.

(BTW he invented the "Wing T" offense there, which is still used in University of Delaware where I went to get my MPA - and Rich Gannon cut his teeth on football.)

Sep 11, 2005 at 4:54 AM Post #21 of 208
Quote:

Originally Posted by spaceman
University of Southern Maine

Is this the one in Orano (sp?). I once had an interview at Husson College in Bangor, ME, and checked out Portland, Bar Harbour, and the surrounding areas for a couple of days in my rental car. As I recall, they had won a couple of national championships in ice hockey. Same place?

Sep 11, 2005 at 4:57 AM Post #22 of 208
Wabash College in Crawfordsville, IN.

I suppose the biggest thing people know about Wabash is that it is all-male and has been since its founding in 1832. It is a small (850), liberal-arts college that has a distinct New England feel in west-central Indiana.

Very pleasant, very collegial, and very collegiate.
wink.gif
icon10.gif

Sep 11, 2005 at 5:02 AM Post #23 of 208
Quote:

Originally Posted by PSmith08
Wabash College in Crawfordsville, IN.

I suppose the biggest thing people know about Wabash is that it is all-male and has been since its founding in 1832. It is a small (850), liberal-arts college that has a distinct New England feel in west-central Indiana.

Very pleasant, very collegial, and very collegiate.
wink.gif
icon10.gif

Indiana meet?
icon10.gif
my school started out as an all girls school in ft wayne in the late 1800's some time.

Sep 11, 2005 at 5:04 AM Post #24 of 208
I'm at CMU in Pittsburgh. Any other CMU people around?

Sep 11, 2005 at 5:13 AM Post #25 of 208
I currently attend Ohio State University. I will hopefully graduate in December. I am not sure what I am going to do after that. Hopefully grad school at some point...

Sep 11, 2005 at 5:34 AM Post #26 of 208
Quote:

Originally Posted by bahamaman
I went to Rhodes College in Memphis, Tennessee. One of the most beautiful campuses in the U.S., imo. I am now a Professor at Texas Christian University in Fort Worth, Texas.

Rhodes is such a beautiful campus. I had model UN there one year, in high school. I considered going to college there, but ended up elsewhere.

Sep 11, 2005 at 5:35 AM Post #27 of 208
I currently attend Williams College. The universities and colleges I've studied at, in chronological order, are: Boston University, Williams College, UMass Boston, Salem State College, and Williams College again.

My best friend just graduated from Oberlin just over a year ago. He loved it -- and the fact that it's not a sports school. We have plenty of amazing Div.3 sports here
rolleyes.gif
and almost no musicians. I wish it were the other way around!

Sep 11, 2005 at 6:06 AM Post #30 of 208
I am currently attending NC State University. This will be my 4th year attending college (was at a community college for 2 years) and I still have no idea what I want to do and when or if I will ever graduate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back