What Sex are You?
Apr 18, 2005 at 9:25 PM Post #76 of 125
Quote:

Originally Posted by strohmie
The funny thing is, I believe I know Sduibek's real name from the Quail group buy...but it doesn't help answer your question.
biggrin.gif

Yay, a Head-Fi remake of It's Pat.

Apr 18, 2005 at 9:27 PM Post #77 of 125
Quote:

Originally Posted by PTheD
Indeed Gender Confusion or Denial or secrecy is an issue with polls like this, but mine is nly interesed in your sex, not your gender.

I actually did think of that and was about to say "sex-confused" or "sexually-confused" but decided against it. It has meanings that aren't relevent to the poll.

Oops. I just did.

Apr 18, 2005 at 9:42 PM Post #78 of 125
I'm surprised at 12 "female" responses, I only knew of four or five females on head-fi. Of course, this is the internet, so 12 responses probably means four or five actual females...
biggrin.gif

G

Apr 18, 2005 at 9:56 PM Post #79 of 125
Quote:

Originally Posted by skiingemt
I'm surprised at 12 "female" responses, I only knew of four or five females on head-fi. Of course, this is the internet, so 12 responses probably means four or five actual females...
biggrin.gif

G

At least two or three are guys judging from the responses of this thread, and that one person who keeps messing with me.
tongue.gif

Apr 19, 2005 at 1:03 AM Post #80 of 125
Quote:

Indeed Gender Confusion or Denial or secrecy is an issue with polls like this, but mine is nly interesed in your sex, not your gender. Such a wonderful thing that one can be of a certain sex but not the same gender as sex. SO for now sex is all that maters. If you are a male that desires to be or is a female in gender, then you still mark down male because sexually that is what you are. All males are welcome to jot down that they are male & likewise with females, even if your gender is diffirent, which most peoples isn't. In fact I would love to hear from someone that is male or female sexualy, phrysicly but is not the same gender wise. Never had a got talk with someone like that about how their lives are diffirent or not from "normal" peoples, like there is a normal, yeah!

It's not "gender confussion, denial and hardly (having been stated here) secrecy. for me anyway. I know what I am and I am comfortable with it even though it is NOT by my choice, minipulation, or life design. You may not be, however and that is where the pink and blue question marks fit in. And as to the physical aspect of things, you have actual sexual organs that I don't have and I have actual organs you don't have assuming you are a normal genetic male.
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
It's not as cut and dry as you would like it to be. How about intersexed people born with both genitailia, of which I am not?
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Apr 19, 2005 at 1:30 AM Post #81 of 125
The last time I checked I was a man, but given the level of testoterone spread all over the place here right now, I don't know actually what to think right now.....(if to be a man means to behave like that).....

OTOH, IIRC this poll was done about 10 times before, if you do a search you may find the results.....FYI we have only a few girls aboard, but if you keep on behaving like that, pretty soon there will be noine.....(well thinking twice, I think that at least one will remain...LOL...)
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Apr 19, 2005 at 1:47 AM Post #82 of 125
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikey01
How about intersexed people born with both genitailia, of which I am not?
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Well, those people are still xx or xy (usually xy).

Maybe gender issues warrant a gender thread.......
redface.gif

and do we even really need a 'male' option? we know there are 20,000 males here, the question is really how many females, after all, isnt it?
eek.gif

Apr 19, 2005 at 1:53 AM Post #83 of 125
This thread is getting to complicated for me.
tongue.gif

And man, I wonder how many female members have had to disable PMs and email to avoid the "lonely" headfiers from contacting them.

BTW, anyone seen aeriyn? Kinda miss talking to her.

Apr 19, 2005 at 2:30 AM Post #84 of 125
The least you could do is spell CHOICES correctly!!
Quote:

Warning! -[THIS IS A PUBLIC POLL & YOUR ID WILL BE LISTED UNDER ONE OF THE CHOISES IF YOU VOTE IN THE POLL!]- Warning!

I am wondering what the sexual statistics are for the Head-Fi community. Maybe later we could do a gender poll & compare the difference.
biggrin.gif

All kiding aside. I don't mean to be a prude or get into the politics of sex, I just want to know what Head-Fi is made of, the good or the bad, oh oh oops, I promised I wasn't going to get into that...

Please forgive me if this has been done before, I didn't find anything when I searched, if there is something please point towards it...

You didn't have "other", so I put "male" to conform as since I am a CD Player, I only have female jacks but cannot reproduce
frown.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikey01
Chemical make-up is 100% estrogen. Physical make-up is somewhere in between but changing. Mental make-up is governed a lot by the chemicals but also learned behaviors so it's some of both favoring the female side. My wife says:
[size=large]???????????????????????????????????????????????[/size]
[size=large]????????????????????????????????????????????[/size]
rolleyes.gif

Such are the difficulties in life.

If you just had estrogen that'd suck REALLY BADLY!! I mean...you need the other stuff progesterone, LH and FSH seriously!!

I think this thread should be titled "how were you sexed"
Quote:

When I was little I wanted to be a boy so badly. Girls were second-class citizens who got all the crappy toys when the boys got to go shirtless if they wanted when it was hot outside

...lol...opposite here, you "can't kick girls" anyway, I defied that rule...I remember in second grade Sarah was standing right next to me and I was like HOOSHAH! and next thing you know her shin hurts like crap and I'm getting like scolded and stuff. Quote:

Girls just got frilly crap and barbie dolls, and we had to wear more clothing when we went swimming.

Since my older sister had the bigger room and all the toys I played with her stuff a lot, nothing wrong with the barbie jumbo-jet!, that thing's ill.

Also...why does RICKCRIZER have to quote like every previous post in a thread? lol, I just thought it was funny
tongue.gif

As for "intersexed"/"hermaphrodite" persons, I think generally they tie it up and just go female.

Apr 19, 2005 at 11:54 AM Post #87 of 125
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia
Strange that some head-fiers think I'm a girl, perhaps it's the screen name.

It's probably because you post/talk so much

Apr 19, 2005 at 1:11 PM Post #88 of 125
Quote:

Originally Posted by zachary80
It's probably because you post/talk so much

ROTFL

Well, this thread was a bit confusing, but MAN, that cracked me up.

Apr 19, 2005 at 2:11 PM Post #90 of 125
Quote:

Originally Posted by strohmie
Every time we have one of these polls the female vote drops by about half. You think we'd learn.

Well I dont see why these polls are nessacery in the first place, why would we want to know whos what gender, does it really matter ? sure there are those that make it a total statement with Team Girl-Fi, anime chick avatars and colourful sigs, but still, if the female population wanted to be known let them announce themselves, because it has come to my attention that there is a fair bit of repugnant slander that the known females have had to deal with from time to time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back