Ultrasone Edition 8
Jan 18, 2012 at 2:13 PM Post #1,396 of 2,099
Well you'd think so, but here are the details I was sent...

All repairs are carried out by the factory in Germany with a turnaround time of approximately 3-5 weeks. The factory will provide a quote before carrying out a repair, at which point you will be able to decide whether to go ahead or not. Please note there is a £50 ex VAT admin/shipping charge if you decide not to go ahead with the repair or if there is no fault found.

So if they quoted me some ridiculous repair price and I decided not to go ahead with it, I still get charged £50, presumably for wasting their time? Excellent customer service!

Jan 18, 2012 at 3:25 PM Post #1,398 of 2,099
Wow that's not good.  I wonder why they call it a "warranty repair".  Maybe it's because you were not the original buyer?  Do you have the original receipt from an authorised dealer, and is it still within the warranty period?

If you had to pay for replacement palladium cups, you'd assume they wouldn't be cheap.  It would have to be in the hundreds of pounds, right?  And then you don't have your headphones for 3-5 weeks

Jan 18, 2012 at 4:03 PM Post #1,399 of 2,099

Quote:
Well you'd think so, but here are the details I was sent...

So if they quoted me some ridiculous repair price and I decided not to go ahead with it, I still get charged £50, presumably for wasting their time? Excellent customer service!

It makes no sense to offer up to 7 years warranty if they are going to chage you with a "warranti repair" ...

Jan 18, 2012 at 10:07 PM Post #1,400 of 2,099

Quote:
 and is it still within the warranty period?

These headphones aren't old enough for anyone's warranty to have expired yet I think... And yeah, its ridiculous if we were made to pay for such defects... its like buying stainless steel and getting rust on it...

Jan 19, 2012 at 2:20 AM Post #1,401 of 2,099
I would guess that the £50 charge is only applied if the repair is deemed to be out of warranty and the estimate is refused. Even if you aren't the original purchaser you should be covered if you have the original receipt as the warranty is transferrable.

But I agree, best to check with Randy.

Jan 21, 2012 at 9:18 PM Post #1,403 of 2,099
Mine have some of those spots as well :/

Wasn't sure what was causing them before, but if it is really from skin oils, that's depressing and a gross oversight on the part of Ultrasone.

I went with the Palladiums, myself, because i liked the color scheme better.

Jan 22, 2012 at 10:16 PM Post #1,404 of 2,099
Hmm, well it seems like 3 out of the 5 of us who own them have this issue.  4 out of 6 pairs if you count both pairs I've tried.  I wish I knew this before I bought them!  

I agree with driver 8 - I think they look better than the ruthenium.  But I guess that's why we all bought out respective finishes, everyone's taste is different I suppose.

Jan 23, 2012 at 1:05 PM Post #1,407 of 2,099
Jan 23, 2012 at 1:57 PM Post #1,410 of 2,099

Quote:
LE is a matte version of the Ruthenium with a walnut inlay.  No Palladium in it at all to my knowledge.

Indeed:

Quote:
The outer ear cups of these exclusive and luxurious Edition 8 Limited headphones are made of matt finished Ruthenium. This noble metal is known for its high quality and durable properties. Each earcup is emblazoned with a clasp of manually manufactured American nutwood. Each piece has its inimitable grain. The inimitable grain of each American nutwood inlay with seven layers of lacquer represents limited exclusiveness of each pair of headphones. Each of these inlays is extensively produced by a German master joiner. The Edition 8 Limited shows high-class coating combined with manual precision.

Glad I got LE too, then :) (hehe)

But is NOT possible at all that some $1.5k Palladiums have that defects...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back