Ultrasone Edition 8
Aug 6, 2021 at 4:28 PM Post #2,087 of 2,099
Jan 29, 2022 at 7:13 PM Post #2,088 of 2,099
Jan 31, 2022 at 3:32 PM Post #2,089 of 2,099
I have an extra used old ed8 headband to give away, if anyone needs, just PM me...

Attachments

• 20220131_152904.jpg
    20220131_152904.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Feb 3, 2022 at 7:18 PM Post #2,090 of 2,099
Rather surprisingly to me, because I thought they wouldn’t synergise well, the Chord Mojo sounds absolutely amazing paired with the Ultrasone Edition 8. The Mojo’s liquid smoothness and warmth really complements the ED8s electrifying zing.

I tried the FiiO A5’s with ‘em and those amps delivered some serious oomph but felt somewhat sterile/lacking in musicality.

200% recommend to anyone else!!!

Feb 3, 2022 at 10:38 PM Post #2,091 of 2,099
Rather surprisingly to me, because I thought they wouldn’t synergise well, the Chord Mojo sounds absolutely amazing paired with the Ultrasone Edition 8. The Mojo’s liquid smoothness and warmth really complements the ED8s electrifying zing.

I tried the FiiO A5’s with ‘em and those amps delivered some serious oomph but felt somewhat sterile/lacking in musicality.

200% recommend to anyone else!!!
The Edition 8 sound amazing straight out of a macbook air.

I absolutely love how easy they are to drive through just about anything and they still sound amazing!

Feb 7, 2022 at 12:27 AM Post #2,093 of 2,099
Carbons have the best bass punch and impact I have heard on just about any headphone.

I wonder if they use the same exact driver with Carbon edition or a re-tuned one as the original Ruthenium does not sound the same.

That one also sounds amazing though too... My do I love these headphones...

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2022 at 12:34 AM Post #2,094 of 2,099
Does anyone know if the Edition 8 Carbon has the same sound signature as the other original Edition 8 variants, i.e. ED8 Limited?

I have both Ruthenium and Carbon and they sound different to one another.

I really just wanted to keep one but I love them both and appreciate the different sound each provides. Really hard for me to pick a favorite, they both excel.

The Ruthenium is cleaner with more linear sound - less bass, more even and the Carbon has more emphasis on the low end with a lush midrange and serious punch.

More neural, more lean and clean but still V shape with Ruthenium, more low end and slam with Carbon.

The Ruthenium gives me more of a live and there feeling, really transparent highs.

The Carbon I would say are amazing for bass heads, they emphasize the bass line with authority and with stuff like EDM they freaking slam like few else.

It's really addictive and fun they way they emphasize and show off their bass across genres but Ruthenium are no slouch in lows either.

Last edited:
Feb 11, 2022 at 7:08 AM Post #2,095 of 2,099
Hello

Anyone recommend where I can have my Edition 8 re-cabled in Europe? Looking to replace the fixed cable with removable connectors.

On another note, I really dislike the entire system Ultrasone uses for the Edition 8 and Performance Series to keep the ear pads in place, using double sided tape. This wears off gradually, and I have had to request from Ultrasone new stickers and ear pad cloths to be sent so I could reattach the ear pads and keep them in place. Seeing the Edition 8 Ex fixes this issue using magnets, I was thinking of employing a similar system and modding the Edition 8 and buying small magnets. Thoughts?

Feb 26, 2022 at 4:40 AM Post #2,096 of 2,099
I have both Ruthenium and Carbon and they sound different to one another.

I really just wanted to keep one but I love them both and appreciate the different sound each provides. Really hard for me to pick a favorite, they both excel.

The Ruthenium is cleaner with more linear sound - less bass, more even and the Carbon has more emphasis on the low end with a lush midrange and serious punch.

More neural, more lean and clean but still V shape with Ruthenium, more low end and slam with Carbon.

The Ruthenium gives me more of a live and there feeling, really transparent highs.

The Carbon I would say are amazing for bass heads, they emphasize the bass line with authority and with stuff like EDM they freaking slam like few else.

It's really addictive and fun they way they emphasize and show off their bass across genres but Ruthenium are no slouch in lows either.
Thanks for taking the time to provide that detailed comparison/information.

Now can I ask if you ever heard the Edition 15? :)

Last edited:
Feb 26, 2022 at 4:42 AM Post #2,097 of 2,099
Hello

Anyone recommend where I can have my Edition 8 re-cabled in Europe? Looking to replace the fixed cable with removable connectors.

On another note, I really dislike the entire system Ultrasone uses for the Edition 8 and Performance Series to keep the ear pads in place, using double sided tape. This wears off gradually, and I have had to request from Ultrasone new stickers and ear pad cloths to be sent so I could reattach the ear pads and keep them in place. Seeing the Edition 8 Ex fixes this issue using magnets, I was thinking of employing a similar system and modding the Edition 8 and buying small magnets. Thoughts?
That's an interesting idea with the magnets. I brought my ED8L to a local guy here and unfortunately he butchered it badly. Reattaching the pads was part of the problem too. I may have to bring it to somewhere else now to see if I can get it fixed. It's been a long time since I have used them. Hopefully the leather is still holding up while in storage.

Apr 26, 2023 at 9:32 PM Post #2,099 of 2,099
Has anyone tried different earpads for the Ultrason ED8?
I'm not a fan of double-sided tape earpads. And the ED8's earpads feel a bit small.
Are there any adapters or earpads available for the ED8, like the ZMF PAD ADAPTER for the GRADO series?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back