Ultrasone Edition 8
Jan 14, 2012 at 12:27 PM Post #1,381 of 2,099
Reading some of these comments was a bit distressing.  A thorough wipedown and investigation of my Palladiums and...

...they're absolutely immaculate.  No issues here. :)

Jan 14, 2012 at 1:42 PM Post #1,384 of 2,099

Quote:
Cleaning or wiping doesn't get rid of the tarnishes on my cups unfortunately.

Most likely an issue with the plating process of the Palladiums IMO. If you're in North America, I can confirm that the Ultrasone customer service is truly top notch.

Jan 14, 2012 at 6:25 PM Post #1,385 of 2,099
That was the first thing I thought.  I think the people at the store where I purchased them thought the same, since they sent them back under warranty.  Hopefully this is the case.  Hopefully there's not just a few of us that have some sort of chemical in our skin that doesn't like palladium.  Probably the same chemical that attracts mosquitoes... 
angry_face.gif

I am in Australia, and so far service has been very good

Jan 17, 2012 at 10:39 AM Post #1,386 of 2,099

Quote:
That was the first thing I thought.  I think the people at the store where I purchased them thought the same, since they sent them back under warranty.  Hopefully this is the case.  Hopefully there's not just a few of us that have some sort of chemical in our skin that doesn't like palladium.  Probably the same chemical that attracts mosquitoes... 
angry_face.gif

I am in Australia, and so far service has been very good

Did you get the Ed 8s from a local store??

Those guys are friendly and very very helpful.

Its just...  that..  Ultrasone's quality control is insanely bad...

Jan 18, 2012 at 1:48 AM Post #1,390 of 2,099
Wow those are a fair bit worse.  I guess you've had yours longer though.

I'm in Brisbane and I bought mine from a store in Sydney called 'Addicted to Audio' who have been excellent so far.  As far as I'm aware, there are no Ultrasone dealers in Brisbane.  They were also very good on price, especially considering competition is almost non-existent.  Only issue is, to post them back to the dealer in Sydney each time, with adequate insurance is about $40.

I think I'd like to explore the option of paying the gap to upgrade to limited editions.  Not sure if this is an option though...

Jan 18, 2012 at 4:02 AM Post #1,391 of 2,099

Quote:
Does anyone have a DIY on how to convert the 3.5mm SE plug to a balanced SR-71B Kobiconn connector? Also is it possible to have an adapter that converts back from balanced to SE? I tried searching through the forums but I couldn't find anything on DIY for this.

No one's done any DIY balanced connectors for the Ed8's who can advise me? I'd prefer to do this myself than to pass it to WhiplashAudio 'cos I read that the standard Ed8 cables are very good (i.e. don't need TWAG2) - and I know where to get the Kobiconn connector already.

Jan 18, 2012 at 4:36 AM Post #1,392 of 2,099

Quote:
Wow those are a fair bit worse.  I guess you've had yours longer though.

I'm in Brisbane and I bought mine from a store in Sydney called 'Addicted to Audio' who have been excellent so far.  As far as I'm aware, there are no Ultrasone dealers in Brisbane.  They were also very good on price, especially considering competition is almost non-existent.  Only issue is, to post them back to the dealer in Sydney each time, with adequate insurance is about $40.

I think I'd like to explore the option of paying the gap to upgrade to limited editions.  Not sure if this is an option though...

AddictedToAudio is in Melbourne not Sydney. And the limited editions are on the brink of extinction now. I think A2A has a few left in stock and thats it..  no more..  worldwide..

The Limited Editions have their flaws as well mind you. My wood inlays popped out on day 3 of use. The 'durable' ruthenium cups are..  very very scratch prone.  Other than that. Good headphones these are. :D

Jan 18, 2012 at 9:37 AM Post #1,393 of 2,099
Ultrasone have offered me a "warranty repair" which means they'll look at it and provide me with a quote for the repair costs. What a joke!
mad.gif

I guess I'll just have to accept the marks...I suppose I don't actually notice while wearing them.*sigh*

Jan 18, 2012 at 10:39 AM Post #1,394 of 2,099
Ultrasone have offered me a "warranty repair" which means they'll look at it and provide me with a quote for the repair costs. What a joke! :mad:

I guess I'll just have to accept the marks...I suppose I don't actually notice while wearing them.*sigh*

I think it gives the a vintage look. You know, like the artificial aging for designer jeans :)

Jan 18, 2012 at 1:56 PM Post #1,395 of 2,099
Quote:
Ultrasone have offered me a "warranty repair" which means they'll look at it and provide me with a quote for the repair costs. What a joke!
mad.gif

confused.gif
 Doesn't a "warranty repair" imply that Ultrasone will pick up the cost?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back