Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM (Now With 'New' 1Plus2.2!) Impressions Thread
Jul 18, 2013 at 2:08 PM Post #3,166 of 6,404
Quote:
Folks I need some decisions and appreciate anyone who chime in.

I am contemplating on the uber cables but I am very close to pulling the trigger on Woo WA7 tube amps which is cheaper at $999 vs Uber cable at $1100 for 1p2. I used mostly in the office and base on what I read, it seems that the uber cable is a good choice but since I have little experience with cable. My questions is:

For similar pricings: which one do you think scale better in terms of Sound quality and sound quality only. Tube amp or uber cable

I like what I hear from my Zana tube amp with 1P2 so far as the sound quality scale up to a new level, the level of differences between my silver/gold cable and TWAG3 produce subtle differences (but there is and is subtle at best). So does the uber cable really makes all these differences or getting a tube amp scale even more?

Just doing some reality checks before I regret my purchase and spent 3 days with face palm :)

I can tell you right now, without even hearing the uber cable, that the amp will produce far more of a difference than any cable, even if the cable was made from shavings of Poseidon's trident.

Jul 18, 2013 at 2:56 PM Post #3,167 of 6,404
I can tell you right now, without even hearing the uber cable, that the amp will produce far more of a difference than any cable, even if the cable was made from shavings of Poseidon's trident.
Hmmm....don't be too sure about that :wink:. At least not in my experiences. And this has been the -only- time where I found a cable could make that much difference equating or even exceeding some audio components.

Note I've not heard TWAG3, DHC, Dragon series, nor Toxic cables to see if they could compare to an amp or DAC component.

But the Tralucent Uber is definitely quite capable. That's why it has been the only cable review I wrote so far.

Jul 18, 2013 at 3:15 PM Post #3,168 of 6,404
Quote:
Hmmm....don't be too sure about that
wink.gif
. At least not in my experiences. And this has been the -only- time where I found a cable could make that much difference equating or even exceeding some audio components.

Note I've not heard TWAG3, DHC, Dragon series, nor Toxic cables to see if they could compare to an amp or DAC component.

But the Tralucent Uber is definitely quite capable. That's why it has been the only cable review I wrote so far.

Well damn.

Never mind me then.

Just curious, what does it do to the sound?

Jul 18, 2013 at 3:17 PM Post #3,169 of 6,404
The uber cable definitely takes the 1plus2 up a couple notches. It depends on what you using in the office currently. If you have a decent portable amp and dap, then the cable might be the right choice for you. If you are just using an iPod, most definitely the WA7 will give you better sonics for sure. This is obviously, IMO. 

Jul 18, 2013 at 3:37 PM Post #3,171 of 6,404
Quote:
Well damn.

Never mind me then.

Just curious, what does it do to the sound?

Here's my review of it: http://www.head-fi.org/products/tralucent-audio-uber-cable/reviews/8933

Note I'm not saying that this could replace amps or DACs. I mean looking at the cost of the cable, one could probably buy a DAC/Amp to get the same sound and still have pocket change. But if the topic is could this cable sound as good as a amp (or DAC or both combo) - to my ears yes.

Quote:
The uber cable definitely takes the 1plus2 up a couple notches. It depends on what you using in the office currently. If you have a decent portable amp and dap, then the cable might be the right choice for you. If you are just using an iPod, most definitely the WA7 will give you better sonics for sure. This is obviously, IMO. 

Quite definitely. To me, the more the merrier - i.e. each component further adding/enhancing. It's somewhat of a dangerous game though. I think the WA7 is extremely good value for money rivalling some $2000 DAC/Amps even.

My 1Plus2 IEM setup is definitely adding up in terms of cost. Aside from that Tralucent combo, I'm adding the Analog Squared Paper TUR-06 Class A hybrid tube amp, VentureCraft DD 12V OPA627SM LE, and the iDevice. That's coming up to something between $3500->$4000 without the iPhone/iPad :p.

Quote:
What do you guys think about the tralucent 6n pure silver cable. Has anyone used the cable with any other iem? And if so what were the sound signatures of the cable itsself????

Mooses9, before experiencing Tralucent's cables I wasn't really a believer of cables (or I should say that I found their improvements to be, although existing, somewhat insignificant and disappointing). The Tralucent cables were the first that made a significant different to the IEM and HPL cables were the 2nd. Specifically about Tralucent, I think it's about matching :-

1) their Silver cables to me, till now, I feel don't agree with the 1Plus2 for my ears. They still sound sibilant with many of my preferred genre. However, they were great for those rather warm signatured earphones. I'm actually asking Tralucent to make one up for the FitEar MH335DW for example.

2) their Silver/Gold cables toned down the sibilance but not entirely. A better match for the 1Plus2. Incidentally these cables work great with the FitEar MH335DW. A few Tokyo/Japan Head-Fiers manage to try this cable at the Fujiya Show on Monday.

3) the Uber cable was best matched for the 1Plus2. It killed the sibilance I had with (1), and at least for me, it felt they created a larger presence than (1). To me (1) felt congested after experiencing the Uber. I also tried the Uber on the Rhapsodio RDB+ v1's and also improved it. Seems to make any IEM that's Westone/pin compatible to sound nicer. Tralucent has actually made up an Uber cable for the FitEar but I've not tried it yet.

One note I do have reservations for is that the Uber cable is fragile and you have to treat it with care. I actually carry the Uber cable in a case like this. In fact something squarer is probably better :-

Jul 18, 2013 at 4:08 PM Post #3,173 of 6,404
Anak, i did not hear Uber cable but i can confirm for silver and especially gold/silver, they both exceed sonic quality of any other cable i have. More so when trying 1+2 i also received from Gavin a custom made mini intreconnect cable which was so darn good that instead of sending back i just paid to have it stay. As is with all their products Tralucent is dead serious when it comes to music sound, no jokes here. So i can only imagine how Uber cable sounds and i trust all what you say about it.

Jul 18, 2013 at 4:11 PM Post #3,174 of 6,404
Quote:

Here's my review of it: http://www.head-fi.org/products/tralucent-audio-uber-cable/reviews/8933

Note I'm not saying that this could replace amps or DACs. I mean looking at the cost of the cable, one could probably buy a DAC/Amp to get the same sound and still have pocket change. But if the topic is could this cable sound as good as a amp (or DAC or both combo) - to my ears yes.

Quite definitely. To me, the more the merrier - i.e. each component further adding/enhancing. It's somewhat of a dangerous game though. I think the WA7 is extremely good value for money rivalling some $2000 DAC/Amps even.

My 1Plus2 IEM setup is definitely adding up in terms of cost. Aside from that Tralucent combo, I'm adding the Analog Squared Paper TUR-06 Class A hybrid tube amp, VentureCraft DD 12V OPA627SM LE, and the iDevice. That's coming up to something between $3500->$4000 without the iPhone/iPad :p.

Mooses9, before experiencing Tralucent's cables I wasn't really a believer of cables (or I should say that I found their improvements to be, although existing, somewhat insignificant and disappointing). The Tralucent cables were the first that made a significant different to the IEM and HPL cables were the 2nd. Specifically about Tralucent, I think it's about matching :-

1) their Silver cables to me, till now, I feel don't agree with the 1Plus2 for my ears. They still sound sibilant with many of my preferred genre. However, they were great for those rather warm signatured earphones. I'm actually asking Tralucent to make one up for the FitEar MH335DW for example.

2) their Silver/Gold cables toned down the sibilance but not entirely. A better match for the 1Plus2. Incidentally these cables work great with the FitEar MH335DW. A few Tokyo/Japan Head-Fiers manage to try this cable at the Fujiya Show on Monday.

3) the Uber cable was best matched for the 1Plus2. It killed the sibilance I had with (1), and at least for me, it felt they created a larger presence than (1). To me (1) felt congested after experiencing the Uber. I also tried the Uber on the Rhapsodio RDB+ v1's and also improved it. Seems to make any IEM that's Westone/pin compatible to sound nicer. Tralucent has actually made up an Uber cable for the FitEar but I've not tried it yet.

One note I do have reservations for is that the Uber cable is fragile and you have to treat it with care. I actually carry the Uber cable in a case like this. In fact something squarer is probably better :-

Do you carry your Silver Ballers in there as well?

PS: I want a case like that for my uber. 
frown.gif
 /jelly

Jul 18, 2013 at 4:49 PM Post #3,175 of 6,404

Just a lo-fi phone pic... but pretty, nevertheless.

I'm not sure the Uber would improve any IEM with westone pins. My opinion may change, of course, but I feel it could overly tame thicker IEMs with smoother treble. At least, that's my first thought when pairing it with the Aud-8X (brain burn-in could change this).

Unsurprisingly, it pairs VERY well with the 1plus2.

Jul 18, 2013 at 5:21 PM Post #3,176 of 6,404
Quote:

Just a lo-fi phone pic... but pretty, nevertheless.

I'm not sure the Uber would improve any IEM with westone pins. My opinion may change, of course, but I feel it could overly tame thicker IEMs with smoother treble. At least, that's my first thought when pairing it with the Aud-8X (brain burn-in could change this).

Unsurprisingly, it pairs VERY well with the 1plus2.

Pretty Indeed! You acquired an Uber Sir? It keeps coming to mind, daily. Then again, if it is fragile it is certain that I will break it. What was your original cable or have you heard them all?

Jul 18, 2013 at 6:47 PM Post #3,177 of 6,404
Quote:
Anak, i did not hear Uber cable but i can confirm for silver and especially gold/silver, they both exceed sonic quality of any other cable i have. More so when trying 1+2 i also received from Gavin a custom made mini intreconnect cable which was so darn good that instead of sending back i just paid to have it stay. As is with all their products Tralucent is dead serious when it comes to music sound, no jokes here. So i can only imagine how Uber cable sounds and i trust all what you say about it.

If you're still having doubts about the Uber cable—specially considering its price—I can confirm it will make things even more analogue than what you currently have, and we all know the more analogue the sound is, the more priceless it becomes. You will find that with the Uber cable your vinyl collection will sound digital and compressed in comparison.  :wink:

Jul 19, 2013 at 12:26 AM Post #3,180 of 6,404
Quote:
Or carbon fiber? :p. That would actually be pretty neat to see an IEM completely made of carbon fiber.

LOL!  but I did remember gavin mentioning the 1plus2 sounded best with the carbon fiber faceplates then other materials they tried and thus is only offering carbon fiber in newer batches....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back