Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM (Now With 'New' 1Plus2.2!) Impressions Thread
Jul 19, 2013 at 3:59 PM Post #3,198 of 6,404
Quote:

If you're still having doubts about the Uber cable—specially considering its price—I can confirm it will make things even more analogue than what you currently have, and we all know the more analogue the sound is, the more priceless it becomes. You will find that with the Uber cable your vinyl collection will sound digital and compressed in comparison.  :wink:

Yes, THIS...

I am not exactly struggling with my review, but, put intended, a lot of it is full of analogies, not really a particularly technical review.

However, I read that and even though I do not have the Uber, it certainly very accurately describes what I have spent many pages describing, and yes it does remind me of vinyl, even Electronica sounds like it used to on vinyl. Actually better, as suggested above. I am amazed at how these deal with electronically produced music. For me, it is the genre that surprises me the most, they make the most minimal of way out there German produced tracks and make orchestral pieces out of them.

I had never thought along those lines...

Jul 19, 2013 at 4:09 PM Post #3,199 of 6,404
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
If you're still having doubts about the Uber cable—specially considering its price—I can confirm it will make things even more analogue than what you currently have, and we all know the more analogue the sound is, the more priceless it becomes. You will find that with the Uber cable your vinyl collection will sound digital and compressed in comparison.  :wink:

and then came the BIG SEDUCER
tongue.gif

thanks, i do not doubt Uber cable virtues but recently my wallet filed a stay motion to ban me from HeadFi, so i must wait and see what the judge (my wife) has to say  
biggrin.gif

darthsmile.gif

You need to decrypt his post further..
wink_face.gif

Yes (bolded text). I even got an unexpected PM from someone asking me to clarify the contents of my post.

Jul 19, 2013 at 5:26 PM Post #3,202 of 6,404
I just received the loaner 1Plus2 from Eke.  I am going to have an excellent weekend.  :beerchug:

report back, i can see your smile but beware, when you hear 1+2 your hand reaches for the wallet no matter how hard you resist it :p
try some good acoustic concerts, it will leave you speachless. at least i felt so.

Jul 19, 2013 at 5:30 PM Post #3,203 of 6,404
music43..., do not worry, just send me a few bottles of good wine and we will be even :p

Jul 19, 2013 at 5:49 PM Post #3,204 of 6,404
Quote:
music43..., do not worry, just send me a few bottles of good wine and we will be even :p

You're right, actually, we'd be even that way (seriously). BUT, I really think I do deserve a crate of fine Weißbier. Why you may ask? Because virtually everyone is interested in the 1p2 and no-one is remotely interested in the Incoherence & Grainy Treble Monster known as the AKG K3003 — a crate of (even cheap) Weissbier could help drown the pain.

Jul 19, 2013 at 5:55 PM Post #3,205 of 6,404
You're right, actually, we'd be even that way (seriously). BUT, I really think I do deserve a crate of fine Weißbier. Why you may ask? Because virtually everyone is interested in the 1p2 and no-one is remotely interested in the Incoherence & Grainy Treble Monster known as the AKG K3003 — a crate of (even cheap) Weissbier could help drown the pain.

i see your point, but Weißbier (Weizenbier) without Weißwürst is like 1+2 without Uber Cable :p

Jul 19, 2013 at 6:00 PM Post #3,206 of 6,404
Quote:

I recommend lots of Canadian whiskey as a quick fix. It would be quite funny seeing you tear through all of head-fi plastered and raving/slamming various IEMs
May I recommend some Crown Royal to drown your sorrows in.

1329.0.jpg

biggrin.gif

Jul 19, 2013 at 6:04 PM Post #3,207 of 6,404
Quote:
i see your point, but Weißbier (Weizenbier) without Weißwürst is like 1+2 without Uber Cable :p

:)

Quote:
I recommend cheap whiskey as a quick fix. It would be quite funny seeing you tear through all of head-fi plastered and raving and slamming IEMs

biggrin.gif

Unfortunately, I've never liked whiskey, but I do love (good) red wine and good beer (and good coffee).

Jul 19, 2013 at 6:05 PM Post #3,208 of 6,404
quick fix accepted if quantity aplenty :-D

Jul 19, 2013 at 6:14 PM Post #3,210 of 6,404
Quote:

Unfortunately, I've never liked whiskey, but I do love (good) red wine and good beer (and good coffee).

That's a shock, considering I'm originally European and I know enough fellow Europeans you're one of the few who didn't appreciate a nice relaxing shot of whiskey once in a blue moon. Oh well, beer, wine and good coffee works too. A good well aged Portuguese port wine might be the ticket.

Port_wine_Portuguese_wines.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back