Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM (Now With 'New' 1Plus2.2!) Impressions Thread
Apr 9, 2013 at 1:46 AM Post #1,951 of 6,404
Hey guys just dropping by to let you know I'm still in the midst of organizing my thoughts as I have written them down on paper but 1P2 is a tricky IEM to comment on. Don't expect it to be a super in depth review like six moons.

One thing though is, I think the 1P2 sounds just as good from my iPhone 5 headphone out as Gungnir -> Triad L3+LLP except with a bit more bass quantity and quality, as well as a bit better imaging. But these differences are so subtle that you wouldn't notice when you're outside and not in a dead silent atmosphere.

This is why I loved the 1p2, because I couldn't care less about portable amps and dacs as they serve no use to me in the real world.

Interested to know whether the dac amp combination as you've stated only applies to the 1plus2s or any IEM in general.

Apr 9, 2013 at 1:53 AM Post #1,952 of 6,404
Quote:
Digitalfreak what are the biggest weaknesses of the 1Plus2?

Weakness, at this level its not so much a question of weakness and more correctly boils down to what flavor of chocolate you prefer. Upper treble is very very good and I'm getting a very good sense of air but I wouldn't mind hearing a bit more realistic cymbal crash. Mind you I've yet to hear any IEM or headphone release the right amount of energy and subsequent shimmer where I could say it sounds like a real cymbal crash. On my Leckerton amp with opamp 209 and with my CLAS behind it it comes close but still no cigar. This IEM's PRAT is almost as vicious as my Sony MDR EX600 but I think the Sony slightly edges it out in speed. That being said the 1Plus2 has no grain in its signature compared to the Sony and subsequently the Sony gets owned outright in every other category. I wish I had a MDR EX1000 on hand to further compare but I don't.

These are very early impressions my friend they're bound to change over the next few days

Apr 9, 2013 at 2:06 AM Post #1,953 of 6,404
Quote:
Not directed at me, but the easiest thing to pick out, price.
tongue.gif

Welcome to the crazy hobby of head-fi. Sorry about your bank account hope you enjoy ketchup soup.

Apr 9, 2013 at 2:21 AM Post #1,954 of 6,404

For the 1Plus2 owners out there give this video a quick listen. It's an excellent test track for bass and I highly recommend buying the album.

Apr 9, 2013 at 2:36 AM Post #1,955 of 6,404
Quote:
Weakness, at this level its not so much a question of weakness and more correctly boils down to what flavor of chocolate you prefer. Upper treble is very very good and I'm getting a very good sense of air but I wouldn't mind hearing a bit more realistic cymbal crash. Mind you I've yet to hear any IEM or headphone release the right amount of energy and subsequent shimmer where I could say it sounds like a real cymbal crash. On my Leckerton amp with opamp 209 and with my CLAS behind it it comes close but still no cigar. This IEM's PRAT is almost as vicious as my Sony MDR EX600 but I think the Sony slightly edges it out in speed. That being said the 1Plus2 has no grain in its signature compared to the Sony and subsequently the Sony gets owned outright in every other category. I wish I had a MDR EX1000 on hand to further compare but I don't.

These are very early impressions my friend they're bound to change over the next few days

Hmm I find the MDR-7550s to be fast. Same as the EX1000 but I don't hear them as being faster than the 1Plus2. Definitely not. The Sui does come closer in that regards IMO. But still not cigar. The 1Plus2 is the fastest IEM I've heard yet. Throw very busy music at it and its more likely you will have a hard time keeping up with whats going on. Not the IEM itself... At least that is how I hear it :).

Apr 9, 2013 at 6:11 AM Post #1,956 of 6,404

Hey DigitalFreak, how does the studio v/ leckerton combo work with the 1 plus 2? Would that combo edge out the clas/leck combo? Thanks

Apr 9, 2013 at 7:32 AM Post #1,958 of 6,404
Quote:
  Hmm I find the MDR-7550s to be fast. Same as the EX1000 but I don't hear them as being faster than the 1Plus2. Definitely not. The Sui does come closer in that regards IMO. But still not cigar. The 1Plus2 is the fastest IEM I've heard yet. Throw very busy music at it and its more likely you will have a hard time keeping up with whats going on. Not the IEM itself... At least that is how I hear it :).

I'd say in terms of speed, the 1Plus2 and the EX1000 are about the same, but the 1Plus2 gives a better sense of visceral impact and sustained bass note.

Apr 9, 2013 at 9:45 AM Post #1,959 of 6,404

I can't really speak for the 7550 I can only speak for the 600. Either or they're both pretty fast in their own right.

I'd say in terms of speed, the 1Plus2 and the EX1000 are about the same, but the 1Plus2 gives a better sense of visceral impact and sustained bass note.

I think the 1Plus2 in general does bass far better then my 600.

Apr 9, 2013 at 9:48 AM Post #1,960 of 6,404
Hey DigitalFreak, how does the studio v/ leckerton combo work with the 1 plus 2? Would that combo edge out the clas/leck combo? Thanks

It's a very solid pairing in my opinion. Lee was right when he said the synergy between the two gears was great. I like my CLAS setup better as far as sonics are concerned but when you consider the Studio V offers a very close second place finish at a fraction of the price that's very impressive in my book

Apr 9, 2013 at 9:57 AM Post #1,961 of 6,404
Quote:
I think the 1Plus2 in general does bass far better then my 600.

I also prefer the bass of my 1plus2 to that of my EX1000. I would not say far better but is is not a hard decision that i have had to think hard about!

Apr 9, 2013 at 11:31 AM Post #1,962 of 6,404
It's a very solid pairing in my opinion. Lee was right when he said the synergy between the two gears was great. I like my CLAS setup better as far as sonics are concerned but when you consider the Studio V offers a very close second place finish at a fraction of the price that's very impressive in my book

That's true, there is also a new and improved version of the studio v coming out soon. Are any of the 1 plus 2 owners here interested in getting the hm901 to pair with the 1 plus 2? Very curious how those 2 will pair.

Apr 9, 2013 at 12:00 PM Post #1,963 of 6,404
I will try and buy the 901 if the trial is convincing and will let you know :), but it s not in the stores yet even here in China.
That's true, there is also a new and improved version of the studio v coming out soon. Are any of the 1 plus 2 owners here interested in getting the hm901 to pair with the 1 plus 2? Very curious how those 2 will pair.

Apr 9, 2013 at 4:52 PM Post #1,964 of 6,404
Quote:
Digital Freak has the demo pair now, they should be on there way to in couple of weeks I believe. I should have the 5.0's by then as well.

I satisfied my Aurisonics curiosity as well, tried the ASG-1.2's, not my cup o tea at all.

I ordered small, med and large in those tips, combined shipping was something like $3.00 so around $20 total for 10 sets of tips, pretty darn cheap. It's going to be nice to have some variety.

Ah, nice! Looking forward for your impression :)

Apr 9, 2013 at 5:13 PM Post #1,965 of 6,404

If they fixed the UI added better file supporrt and improved a bit more on the sound we could finally have an endgame DAP. I'm very very interested what comes down the pike from HiSound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back