Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM (Now With 'New' 1Plus2.2!) Impressions Thread
Apr 8, 2013 at 12:22 PM Post #1,936 of 6,404
I haven t but plan on doing that...I use the silver with 1plus2 and silver gold with Miracles (awesome pairing). But I was considering getting another silver or silver gold for the se5 and playing around...but there are many options and I am lost.
I've been particularly curious about this actually and was tempted to start another thread about this (but just about cables, taking the 1Plus2 out of the picture). Has anyone compared the Tralucent Silver with something like the Whiplash TWAG3 or some other silver cable of similar gauge? Similarly with the Tralucent Silver/Gold with some other brand like Crystal Cable's Picolo or Toxic Cable's equivalent?

Apr 8, 2013 at 12:27 PM Post #1,938 of 6,404
Oh ok thanks. For the international, I thought there was the possibility of using some sort of optical to USB adapter to use it as dac/amp with rwak 100 as transport...but certainly cumbersome
chris_himself cables...he uses OCC cabling at very competitive pricing....

as i mentioned, the international will be paired with my RWAK, thus amp'd only...

Apr 8, 2013 at 7:58 PM Post #1,939 of 6,404
Quote:
Oh cool, I saw new posts in the thread which reminded me of the tour and was going to ask what was going on with it. Unless things have changed I guess that means I'm next after you. :)

There's also these tips http://www.ebay.ca/itm/earbud-replacement-noise-cancellation-memory-foam-tips-Z-/150763932212?pt=US_Replacement_Parts_Tools&hash=item231a3b0a34 I don't own any yet but I'm planning to get some.

I just got these tips in today, definitely a nice alternative to Comply's. The large is about the same size as Comply mediums.

Apr 8, 2013 at 8:01 PM Post #1,940 of 6,404
Quote:
I just got these tips in today, definitely a nice alternative to Comply's. The large is about the same size as Comply mediums.

Pretty cheap too, I think I had these before when I used to buy lo-fi iems. Heck, might grab some myself. 

Did you receive the demo pair yet? Or is it still middle of nowhere? 

Apr 8, 2013 at 8:14 PM Post #1,941 of 6,404
Quote:

I've been particularly curious about this actually and was tempted to start another thread about this (but just about cables, taking the 1Plus2 out of the picture). Has anyone compared the Tralucent Silver with something like the Whiplash TWAG3 or some other silver cable of similar gauge? Similarly with the Tralucent Silver/Gold with some other brand like Crystal Cable's Picolo or Toxic Cable's equivalent?

I really didn't want to play the cable rotation game so I ordered what JH uses for their upgrade (Moon v1) as the voicing should work. I also like that it doesn't have memory wire or a braid but not the decision maker.

I doubt you could beat Gavin's supplied cable on his IEM. Maybe match it with a different flavor but I bet even that would be tough.

Apr 8, 2013 at 8:54 PM Post #1,942 of 6,404
Pretty cheap too, I think I had these before when I used to buy lo-fi iems. Heck, might grab some myself. 

Did you receive the demo pair yet? Or is it still middle of nowhere? 
Digital Freak has the demo pair now, they should be on there way to in couple of weeks I believe. I should have the 5.0's by then as well.

I satisfied my Aurisonics curiosity as well, tried the ASG-1.2's, not my cup o tea at all.

I ordered small, med and large in those tips, combined shipping was something like $3.00 so around $20 total for 10 sets of tips, pretty darn cheap. It's going to be nice to have some variety.

Apr 8, 2013 at 8:56 PM Post #1,943 of 6,404
What are the go to tips again by the way? Assuming I don't want foam for longevity reasons and also because it messes with the sound too much for my liking.

Apr 8, 2013 at 9:22 PM Post #1,944 of 6,404
Quote:
Digital Freak has the demo pair now, they should be on there way to in couple of weeks I believe. I should have the 5.0's by then as well.

I satisfied my Aurisonics curiosity as well, tried the ASG-1.2's, not my cup o tea at all.

I ordered small, med and large in those tips, combined shipping was something like $3.00 so around $20 total for 10 sets of tips, pretty darn cheap. It's going to be nice to have some variety.

You will hardly find two more opposed iems as the 1Plus2 and the 5.0 :) Well actually, the Kaede is even further from the 5.0.

Apr 8, 2013 at 10:42 PM Post #1,945 of 6,404
Quote:
You will hardly find two more opposed iems as the 1Plus2 and the 5.0 :) Well actually, the Kaede is even further from the 5.0.

It should be interesting then.
bigsmile_face.gif

Apr 9, 2013 at 1:17 AM Post #1,947 of 6,404
EARLY IMPRESSIONS
I'm currently waiting on those V-MODA tips lee recommended. Right now I'm using the tour sample with a pair of Comply T-500's which seem to be doing the trick alright thus far. By the way, I know some people have reported these IEM's as having a minor U to them. If that's true I'm not hearing it they sound quite linear to me and very balanced. What impresses me the most thus far about the 1Plus2 is how they can dish out the sub bass when the music demands it and only when the music demands it. They pretty much outperform all the gear I own in most areas and only my 4A's seem to slightly keep up in a close second place. I also have a tour sample of a Heir Audio Tzar 350 on hand. From the little time I've had with the Tzar the Tzar seems to have a bit more detail in the mids but it's the 1Plus2 that sounds by far more natural. Soundstage, the 1Plus2 does not sound like a IEM in the traditional sense and easily matches the presentation of a mid to upper tier headphone. Finally, a IEM that images better then the Sony MDR EX line. For those interested the 1Plus2 is especially an awesome piece of gear for live music. I've tried the Translucent T1 amp and personally it didn't impress that much but please keep in mind my mobile amp offerings are a bit more on the upper end scale, see my profile for details. The top pairings so far would have to go to my CLAS/RX MKIII-B setup followed by my Studio V DAP with my Leckerton UHA-6S MKII amp paired straight into my iPod in a very very close third. Pair the Leckerton with the CLAS and it leapfrogs ahead into first place. I would like to see Translucent up their game in future and offer an endgame amp for their IEM. Overall I'd have to rate the T1 amp as a competent enough amp and a good value for the money spent. When I finally send this piece of gear off I'm going to really miss it.
@elnero
When you get these IEM's you are in for a treat.

@Gavin
I have to commend you on your product, it's very very good. I can see myself investing in a unit down the road.

Apr 9, 2013 at 1:41 AM Post #1,949 of 6,404
I'm anticipating testing these out with some of Brian Culbertson stuff. Then probably some electronic potentially just for kicks. But I'm really looking forward to testing how it does with Brian Culbertson's stuff given his influence from funk and a tendency to muck around with bass.

Apr 9, 2013 at 1:41 AM Post #1,950 of 6,404

Users who are viewing this thread

Back